Kartra has all of the features needed to create an e-commerce store.
You can sell digital and physical products, build marketplace and checkout pages, and collect payments.
- Kartra allows you to sell physical and digital products and services
- Kartra is best suited to small and medium-sized businesses
- As well as e-commerce features, Kartra’s plans include marketing tools
Can I Use Kartra for E-Commerce?
Yes, Karta allows you to sell products and services.
All the features needed to create an e-commerce store and sell products are built-in. This makes it easy to build and manage your e-commerce business on Kartra.
Pros and Cons of Using Kartra for E-Commerce
There are pros and cons of using Kartra for e-commerce, and comparing these can help you decide if it’s the best platform to run your e-commerce store on.
- All-in-One – Kartra includes all of the features required to run your e-commerce business. There are marketing, email, lead management, automation, and many more tools. This allows you to manage your entire business within one platform with just one subscription.
- Shipping and Taxes – Within each product, Kartra allows you to select shipping and sales tax information for each location you sell to.
- Coupons, Discounts, and Additional Offers – As Kartra was built as a marketing platform, it has tons of features to help increase your order value. This includes order bumps, upsells, and downsells, and you can create coupons and discounts.
- Templates – Kartra has checkout and marketplace templates that are built to convert. They make displaying your products easy and can help increase sales.
- Sell Anything – Sell both physical and digital products on Kartra.
- Multiple Pricing Options – Allow your users to purchase your products in different ways. This could be using a one-time payment, a subscription, or in installments.
- Integrations – There is a huge range of other platforms that Kartra integrates with. These include payment processors, so you can easily collect payments. It also includes membership sites, so you can create your membership, course, coaching program, or other digital product on one of the membership sites and use Kartra to sell it. Kartra connects with Kajabi, aMember, Digital Access Pass, and several others.
- Narrow Focus – Kartra has all of the features required for e-commerce, but it was designed for marketing and funnels. So, compared to a platform like Shopify, which was designed for e-commerce, there are several differences in the features. These include reporting and analytics, marketplace templates, the ability to connect with other selling tools like Amazon, inventory management, apps for fulfillment, and more.
- Inventory Issues – If you sell physical products, there is nowhere on Kartra where you can set the number of products you have available. You would need to manually manage the stock you have, and close the product listing when you sell out.
- Product Limits – The Starter plan only allows you to create 20 digital products. To sell unlimited physical and digital products, you would need a Silver or Platinum plan.
- Price – Kartra is an expensive platform if you only want to use it for e-commerce. To sell physical products, you need a Silver plan, which costs $189 per month. You get tons of additional features for this price. However, if it’s an e-commerce store you want to create, you might be better off with a platform like Shopify, which costs $29 per month.
Kartra E-Commerce Features
Kartra has many features that enable you to sell your products and maximize your sales.
Kartra has 48 checkout page templates to choose from.
Each template is slightly different, but they are all optimized to generate sales.
Some focus heavily on images, whereas others have more space for text.
There are also components to help encourage sales. These include testimonials and social media details. There are also icons to show that the transaction is secure and that there is a money-back guarantee.
The templates can all be customized to suit your product or service.
You can add your product details to the page and anything else to help sell your products.
Kartra allows you to create and sell physical and digital products. Digital products could be memberships, services, training courses, webinars, or anything else.
The Starter plan allows you to create 20 digital products.
The Silver and Platinum plans allow you to create unlimited digital and physical products.
You can configure the product settings, pricing, checkout pages, return policy, and much more.
Kartra has 21 marketplace templates.
These templates are the pages where potential customers can find your selection of products. It is the page that showcases your products and provides all the details to potential customers.
There are a variety of templates with different color schemes and layouts. The templates are designed by experts to help showcase your products and encourage users to checkout.
All the templates are fully customizable using Kartra’s page builder.
Kartra has automations built-in.
This can be helpful for e-commerce, as you can create rules for when a customer buys a product, refunds a product, requests a cancellation, and much more.
You can then use the rule to grant access, revoke access, refund, or cancel a subscription from a product.
This can save you so much time and provides a more seamless experience for customers with a lower risk of errors.
Upsells, Order Bumps, and Downsell Offers
Add upsells and downsell offers to your pages to help increase your order value.
You can also create order bumps that sit on your checkout. These are usually cheaper offers relevant to the current purchase.
One-Click or Express Transactions
Kartra can remember the payment details of your users and customers.
If a user returns to make another purchase, the checkout details will be pre-loaded.
So, users can checkout with one click on the “Confirm Order” button.
This can help reduce the rate at which users leave the checkout page by decreasing checkout time.
Kartra allows you to sell products in a variety of ways.
These include the following:
- One Time – Set a one-time purchase cost.
- Recurring – Set price and time period for the recurring payment. Kartra allows you to choose weekly, every two weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, every six months, yearly, or every two years. You can also choose whether customers will have instant or delayed cancellations when a recurring payment is stopped.
- Installments – Enter a set price and number of installments that a customer needs to make for access to the product. This is different from recurring, as you can set the number of payments that need to be made.
- Recurring Installments – A recurring installment is a combination of recurring and installment payments. You can set the number of installments and set them to recur every year or two. For example, you can set three weekly payments that are repeated every year.
You can also set multiple payment methods for a customer to choose from. For example, you might want customers to be able to choose to pay a one-time fee for access or sign up for a weekly subscription.
If you’re selling a physical product, Kartra allows you to enter the shipping costs.
You can also set the sales tax and refund policy.
Coupons and Discounts
Create exclusive coupons and discounts for customers.
Enter a coupon code and choose a discount amount or percentage.
You can also select whether the discount is on a specific product, has an expiration, or has specific rules. The available rules include the first payment only, the first few payments, all payments except the first one, and the first few payments except the first one.
Kartra integrates with several payment processing tools, allowing you to choose the way you want to accept payments from customers. It also allows your customers to choose how they want to pay, making them feel safe and secure.
The current payment integrations include the following:
Does Kartra Integrate with E-Commerce Platforms?
No, Kartra has no native e-commerce integrations. As Kartra is an all-in-one platform, you shouldn’t need to integrate with an alternative e-commerce platform.
But it does integrate with several membership platforms. Membership platforms are perfect for selling courses, coaching programs, communities, and other digital products.
The membership platforms Kartra integrates with are the following:
- Digital Access Pass
- S2 Member
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Kartra has all the features you need to create, market, and sell products.
You can sell any kind of product on Kartra, including physical and digital products and services.
Yes, Kartra allows you to sell physical products on the Silver and Platinum plans.
It makes it easy to adjust the shipping costs and sales tax for each location you sell to.
You can create an e-commerce store on all of the Kartra plans. However, if you want to sell physical products, you will need a Silver or Platinum plan.