Use ClickFunnels 2.0 to A/B test pages and emails.
Create and compare two pages or emails and see which performs better.
Building the best page or email will help improve conversions and generate more sales.
- A/B test email campaigns and pages on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Test different headlines, images, buttons, text, and other elements
- Optimize your emails and pages to increase performance
Why Should I Use A/B Testing on ClickFunnels 2.0?
What Are the Benefits of A/B Testing on ClickFunnels 2.0?
- Test Emails – Alter the subject line, messages, links, design, and other features of your email to find out which version increases the open rate and click-through rate.
- Test Landing Pages – Change the headline, message, color, button, and other features to see which is the most effective at getting visitors to complete the action on the landing page.
- Optimize Campaigns – Test different elements and compare the results to improve your campaigns to generate more leads and sales.
Common A/B Testing Mistakes on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Testing Too Many Elements – If you change too many elements, it will be hard to know which change is causing the results. Only change one item per A/B test.
- Test Size – The larger the size of your audience, the more accurate your results will be.
If you only have a few visitors, their buying patterns are more likely to be a coincidence.
But if you have a large sample group, say 250,000, and 125,000 of those are sent to each test page, and 50,000 buy from page A, but only 2,000 from page B, then you have more definitive answers.
How to A/B Test a Page on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Open the funnel with the page you want to A/B test.
- Click the three dots on the page you want to A/B test. Select Split Test Page.
- Move the slider to adjust the traffic to either page and click Apply.
- Click on the + icon in the Test path. Select whether you want to create a Page or Split Path.
- Select Page.
- Choose a template or select New Page to build from scratch.
- Enter the page details and click Create Page.
- Hover over the new page and click Edit to build your page in the Page Editor.
- Save the changes to your new page.
How to Check the Results of an A/B Test on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Within your funnel, click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Toggle the analytics option on.
Here you can see the results of your A/B test underneath each page.
Once you have the results, you can remove the test page that isn’t performing as well.
How to Remove an A/B Test on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Hover over the split test and click the X.
- Select the path that you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
How to A/B Test an Email in a Workflow on ClickFunnels 2.0
- Open the Workflow you want to add an A/B test to.
- Click on the + button.
- Select Split Test.
- Click on Split Test in the Workflow editor to adjust the traffic.
- Click on the + buttons beneath the A and B.
- Select Send Email.
- Create the emails you want to split test.
What Should You A/B Test on ClickFunnels 2.0?
You can A/B test any page element on ClickFunnels 2.0. Some elements, like headlines and images, are more important and have more influence on conversion than others.
You can repeatedly A/B test until you create your perfect funnel. For example, you can start by testing a headline to determine which performs better. Once you’ve found the most converting headline, you can then test another element, like the color of the call-to-action button.
We recommend starting with the main elements listed below, as these will likely make the most difference to your conversion rate. Once these have been tested and changed based on the results, you can continue to test minor elements.
These are some examples of the most important elements you can A/B test.
This is the first thing that is seen when a potential customer lands on your page. The headline needs to be catchy and encourage people to stay.
If your headline has grabbed the user’s attention, you need to keep them engaged with the subheadline. The subheadline should offer more detail to your user and reinforce why they need your deal. Use the subheadline to explain the main benefit of your offer.
Call to Action (CTA)
This text tells the customer what you want them to do next. The CTA needs to be clear and direct. It should be easy for your user to know what to do next and why it benefits them.
Use a button color that contrasts with your theme. The color should stand out and be easy for users to find. Test various contrasting colors to see which converts best.
This is the text that is written on your CTA button. Rather than using something generic like ‘Join Here,’ use something more direct and beneficial to your customer, like ‘Click to Get Access to Unlimited Knowledge.’
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can A/B test your campaigns in ClickFunnels 2.0.
Split testing, known as A/B testing, allows you to test different page elements to see which converts better. This will allow you to change your pages based on the results, generate more leads, and increase your sales.
Find the page you want to split test in your ClickFunnels 2.0 funnel. Click the three dots and click Split Test Page. Choose whether you want to add a Page or Split Path. Complete the creation of your page.