ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform that enables users to create landing pages, funnels, and websites. It lets subscribers host and sell courses, membership sites, products, and services.
Despite ClickFunnels 2.0’s great features, there are some specific drawbacks when using it, which include the lack of advanced customization and the high pricing.
Therefore, WordPress is an excellent alternative for users who want an inexpensive, self-hosted, and highly-customizable solution.
- ClickFunnels 2.0 is a turn-key solution for businesses that sell and advertise products and services.
- WordPress is a self-hosted solution that is highly customizable; however, it requires technical knowledge to get started.
Main Differences Between ClickFunnels 2.0 and WordPress
When picking the right platform for your business, it’s essential to understand their differences.
We’ve highlighted seven key differences between ClickFunnels 2.0 and WordPress:
- Type of Platform – ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform, meaning businesses can start selling immediately. In contrast, WordPress is self-hosted, meaning users must host the software themselves.
- Pricing – As an open-source platform, WordPress is free to download and use, whereas ClickFunnels 2.0 has a monthly subscription model starting at $149 per month.
- Technical Knowledge Required – Because WordPress is self-hosted, users need technical knowledge. On the other hand, ClickFunnels 2.0 requires no technical knowledge and has drag-and-drop builders.
- Native Builders – ClickFunnels 2.0 has a native website, funnel, and landing page builder. However, WordPress users must download third-party themes, software, or plugins to gain the functionality.
- Digital Products – ClickFunnels 2.0 also has a native course builder, hosting, delivery solution, and a membership site tool. In contrast, WordPress requires businesses to use a third-party platform to do this.
- Physical Products – E-commerce companies can also use ClickFunnels 2.0 to sell their products, but WordPress doesn’t have this native feature.
- Marketing and Automation – WordPress doesn’t offer native email marketing or automation. ClickFunnels 2.0 does have email marketing, workflows, and automation.
|Starting Price||$147 per month||Free to download|
|Discounts||$240 – $3,468 per year||N/A|
|Type of Platform||All-in-one||Self-hosted|
|Technical Knowledge Required||None||Some|
|Native Builders||Landing pages, funnels, websites||❌|
|Native Digital Products Supported||Courses, membership sites||❌|
|Native E-Commerce Solution||✅||❌|
|Native Email Marketing||✅||❌|
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
Before we start with the specific feature and tool comparisons, users should be aware that there are two versions of WordPress: WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.org is a free, open-source software, whereas WordPress.com is a hosted solution with lesson monetization and customization options.
It should therefore be noted that this comparison article will solely focus on WordPress.org.
What Are ClickFunnels 2.0 and WordPress?
ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one solution for creating, hosting, advertising, selling, and delivering products and services.
Some of the platform’s features include:
- Landing pages
- Membership sites
- Email marketing
Due to the wide range of features and tools, both online businesses and brick-and-mortar companies can use the platform; here are a few examples of ClickFunnels 2.0 customers:
In contrast, WordPress is an open-source self-hosted platform.
This means that users download the software and then host it on a server.
As a result, the native features are very limited; however, the potential of what businesses can create is almost unlimited.
Because WordPress has so many users, thousands of themes, landing pages, community and membership sites, course platforms, and checkout solutions are built for the platform.
Therefore, although WordPress is very limited, businesses can create a solution through third-party platforms and integrations.
Pros and Cons of ClickFunnels 2.0
- Free Trial – ClickFunnels 2.0 offers all new customers a 14-day free trial to test the platform.
- All-in-One Solution – As the platform is an all-in-one solution, users don’t have to worry about anything technical; they can solely focus on creating and selling products.
- Support – ClickFunnels 2.0 has in-depth guides and tutorials across every topic; moreover, they have great live chat support for more specific help.
- Pricing – ClickFunnels 2.0 starts at $147 per month and goes up to $297, which is incredibly expensive, especially if a business is getting started.
- Customization – Due to the turnkey nature of the business, ClickFunnels 2.0 lacks advanced customization options.
- Not for All Businesses – If a business is not primarily focused on selling digital products, i.e., a blog, then ClickFunnels 2.0 would not be the best solution.
- Other Digital Products – Businesses focused on coaching, podcasting, or selling access to communities need a third-party platform to deliver the products.
Pros and Cons of WordPress
- Free – WordPress is free to download, making it accessible to everyone.
- Third-Party Platforms – There are thousands of platforms built for WordPress, which means that the possible features are incredibly extensive.
- Developer Community – As it’s an open-source platform, there is a strong developer community that can help you find technical solutions to problems.
- Technical Knowledge – To use WordPress, users must set up the hosting and integrate other platforms, which requires some technical knowledge.
- Variable Pricing – Depending on the complexity and needs of a business, the price can increase very quickly, especially if they need technical help and third-party platform subscriptions.
- Clunky – Because companies likely use multiple platforms and solutions together, they may integrate differently than an all-in-one platform.
User Experience: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a brilliant user experience, as the layout makes it easy to navigate.
Moreover, when you select a product, website, funnel, or landing page builder, the platform provides users with pop-ups, guides, and prompts for creating them.
In addition to the prompts, the drag-and-drop builders mean that users can quickly and easily select, switch out, and customize any on-page element.
In contrast, before subscribers even begin using WordPress, they have to download the software and set up the hosting.
Then after the hosting is configured, they need to download a theme and other elements they would like, such as email marketing, webinar hosting, and courses.
This makes the WordPress user experience very poor, and if users don’t have the technical knowledge, sometimes frustrating.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 hands down has the better user experience, as it’s an all-in-one platform, and all of the elements can be created using its drag-and-drop builders.
Websites, Landing Pages, and Funnels: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 has native builders for subscribers to create websites, landing pages, and funnels.
These three options allow businesses to do the following:
- Collect leads
- Schedule bookings and appointments
- Sell digital and physical products
- Host webinars
- Host a blog
Some of the website builder features include:
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Asset integration
- Membership and course login
- Native blog
- Custom domains
- Mobile responsive
The platform’s funnel feature is also a powerful tool for increasing conversion rates and average order value.
In addition to the previously mentioned drag-and-drop builder, here are some funnel tools:
- Pricing options
- One-time payment
- Optimize for different objectives
- Sign ups
- Redirect to membership and course logins
Users can also use the landing page builder, which is essentially single-page funnels.
They have the same tools and features as a funnel builder but are a single page instead of a multi-step design.
Overall, we found ClickFunnels 2.0 has a comprehensive range of features that enable business owners to create a complete online presence.
In contrast, WordPress does not have a native website, landing page, and funnel tools.
However, they do provide a range of website themes for users to download.
Moreover, thousands of free and paid website themes, landing pages, and funnel builder platforms exist online.
WordPress users can browse platforms and themes until they find one that meets their needs.
Given the extensive range of website, landing page, and funnel features, the clear winner in this comparison is ClickFunnels 2.0.
Digital Products: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 has native solutions for creating, hosting, and delivering several digital product types.
These include courses, membership sites, and digital downloadables.
Moreover, users can use ClickFunnels 2.0 to sell other digital product types, which may be hosted and delivered on third-party platforms.
The course builder has many features and tools to create great lessons, including:
- Scheduled and drip content
- Learner management
- Edit individual learners’ permissions
- Course analytics
- Internal note taking
- Coming soon pages
- Mobile-responsive design
The other digital product that users can create, host, and sell on ClickFunnels 2.0 is membership site access.
The types of content that users can host include video lessons, webinars, and downloadables.
Access to the membership site is typically sold on a monthly subscription basis, which can provide business owners with a source of stable recurring revenue.
Because WordPress doesn’t have a native digital product solution, businesses must purchase access to a third-party platform.
One example of a third-party platform that provides WordPress users with similar digital product functionality is BuddyBoss.
This solution allows WordPress site owners to sell courses and create membership sites.
Because WordPress doesn’t offer native digital product options for site owners, ClickFunnels 2.0 is the clear winner.
Physical Products: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a tool called Global Products that lets users create their digital products and then add them to their website, landing pages, and funnels.
The platform also provides subscribers with various automated funnels, templates, A/B testing, and integrations.
Again, WordPress doesn’t have any e-commerce or physical product tools.
Platform users have to use a landing page, funnel, or site theme to display their products and integrate email marketing to provide confirmation emails and order status updates.
Marketing Features: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
Email and SMS
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a complete email marketing solution – it provides users will all of the features that a standalone email marketing platform has, including:
- SMTP solution
- A/B testing
- Multiple campaign types
- Workflow integration
- Drag-and-drop builder
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a powerful automation tool called Workflows.
This tool enables users to connect all the assets they’ve created on the platform and link them together to automate the marketing and sales process.
One example of how ClickFunnels 2.0 users can utilize this tool includes sending email marketing messages to users who opted into a webinar funnel.
They can then be sent a pre-recorded webinar link, where they can purchase a service or product.
This tool completely automates the whole process.
Again, as WordPress lacks native automation tools, users will have to use a third-party solution, such as Zapier.
After using both platforms’ marketing and automation tools, it should be no surprise that ClickFunnels 2.0 is the better platform.
Integrations: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
Because ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform, subscribers don’t necessarily have to use any integrations – all the features and tools to market and sell products are native to the platform.
They only provide users with a small range of direct integrations, which includes:
However, as ClickFunnels 2.0 gives users API access, they can integrate Zapier, which enables them to connect thousands of third-party apps.
In contrast, WordPress has thousands of platforms, apps, and plugins that directly integrate.
This is because WordPress has a large developer community that builds and sells apps.
Some examples include:
- Membership sites
- Booking and scheduling
- Image compression
Reporting and Analytics: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 gives subscribers access to a whole suite of reporting and analytics tools, which cover the following assets:
- Website, funnel, and landing page
- Bounce rate
- Conversion rate
- Products ordered
- Sales trends
- Progress tracker
- Most viewed lessons
- Points where users stopped
- Email marketing
- Open rates
- Click-through rates
These analytics and reporting tools give users a clear understanding of how marketing campaigns are performing and which funnel steps can be improved.
When comparing ClickFunnels 2.0’s reporting and analytics tools to WordPress, users can see that they’re the more advanced option.
This is because WordPress’ reporting is minimal, and users tend to integrate Google Analytics to understand their site performance.
Support and Migration: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
ClickFunnels 2.0 provides users with fantastic resources on its blog, which cover almost every feature and tool.
These blog posts are step-by-step tutorials designed to solve user issues.
Although the platform doesn’t offer any specific migration support, they have several tutorials and an active live chat support team to assist you.
Because WordPress is an open-source platform, it offers no migration help or support.
However, it does have an active forum, and there are many unofficial Facebook Groups which can provide assistance.
Therefore, it’s clear that ClickFunnels 2.0 hands-down offers users better support and migration features.
Affordability: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs WordPress
As WordPress is an open-source project, the platform does not charge any one-time fees or subscriptions.
WordPress users can get started with a domain and hosting price, which could be as low as $50 per year.
However, to get similar features and tools to ClickFunnels 2.0, WordPress users will have to purchase a number of third-party apps and platforms’ subscriptions.
For example, users may need to purchase a membership site app, checkout solution, themes, and funnels.
Therefore, although WordPress is much more affordable, prospective users should find out exactly what subscriptions they’ll need to find out the true price.
In contrast, ClickFunnels 2.0 has a straightforward subscription pricing model that charges users monthly and offers an annual discount of between $240 and $3,468.
ClickFunnels 2.0 has three pricing plans:
- The Basic Plan – $147 per month
- The Pro Plan – $197 per month
- The Funnel Hacker – $297 per month
ClickFunnels 2.0 gives subscribers access to almost all its features and tools.
The primary difference between the subscription plans is the number of websites, funnels, admin users, domains, courses, students, and contacts users can have and create.
Moreover, once a subscriber upgrades to the Pro or Funnels Hacker plans, they’ll have access to the following features:
- Affiliate program
- API access
- Share Funnels
- Liquid theme editor
- CF1 maintenance mode plan
Given the broad range of tools and features that ClickFunnels 2.0 offers its users, we consider its plans good value for money.
When comparing the two platforms for their affordability, we would say that WordPress is the more affordable platform since it’s open source.
However, if WordPress users need many of ClickFunnels 2.0’s native features, such as courses, memberships, funnels, and workflows, the cost can add up quickly.
Therefore, as affordability is dependent on the users’ needs, we would recommend comparing the features you’ll need before picking a platform.
To summarize, in terms of features, tools, capabilities, and functionality, ClickFunnels 2.0 is the clear winner.
Not only does it have a native landing page, website, and funnel builder, it has courses, memberships, email marketing, automation, and a range of integrations – the platform is a turn-key solution for businesses to get started immediately.
In contrast, due to the limited features and the technical knowledge required, we ranked WordPress as the second-best choice.
We would only recommend WordPress if a prospective customer only needs a basic site or wants a high degree of customization and has a large budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform for businesses that want to market, sell, and deliver products. In contrast, WordPress is open-source software that requires self-hosting and the purchasing of a theme and other software programs to function.
The primary benefit of WordPress is that it’s a self-hosted solution, meaning businesses can customize their site to be exactly how they want it. ClickFunnels 2.0 is a turn-key solution for businesses to advertise and sell products – users don’t require any technical knowledge.
Yes, WordPress is considerably cheaper than ClickFunnels 2.0. Because it is an open-source software, users can download it for free and self-host a site for around $50 per year. In contrast, ClickFunnels 2.0’s entry-level subscription plan, the Basic plan, costs $147 per month.
ClickFunnels 2.0 is recommended for businesses looking for an out-of-the-box solution, as it’s an all-in-one solution that has extensive features. WordPress is a self-hosted solution that requires users to set up, configure, and create a site.
ClickFunnels 2.0 is by far the easier platform to use. This is because it’s an all-in-one platform that guides users through using each feature and has great customer support. On the other hand, WordPress is open-source, offers no customer support, and requires technical knowledge to get started.