Whether you’re looking to build and grow or just market your existing business, Kartra and Ontraport are two platforms that you may have come across.
Kartra is an all-in-one online business platform with tools to help you create and expand.
Ontraport is the ultimate sales and marketing platform that works to scale an existing business.
So which platform is a better contender for you? Let’s find out.
Kartra aims to make online business dealings easy for its clients, with checkout and landing pages, sales funnels, leads, and campaign features.
Kartra mail and membership software also sweeten the deal.
Kartra features four pricing plans ranging between $99 and $499 per month. With this system, users can access all benefits through a 30-day trial period for $1.
Ontraport is a sales, marketing, and CRM-oriented platform that
helps users scale and grow existing businesses. With some available features such as smart pipelines, campaign automation, and order forms, Ontraport streamlines and simplifies the customer experience.
You can expect to spend anywhere between $79 to $497 with the four plan options.
Kartra vs. Ontraport at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 30 days. ($1)||Yes, 14 days.|
|Pricing Range||Starter Plan – $99
Silver Plan – $199
Gold Plan -$299
Platinum Plan – $499
|Basic Plan – $79
Plus Plan – $147
Pro Plan – $297
Enterprise Plan – $497
|Best For||Creating an e-commerce business with all the tools you need
Creating an e-commerce business with all the tools you need
|Supplementing your existing business with effective CRM, sales, and marketing tools|
|User Interface Features
||Funnel and Campaigns
|Pages and forms
E-mail and SMS
|Marketing Options||Funnels and campaigns
Surveys and quizzes
E-mail and SMS
Targeted Facebook campaigns
|Customer Support & Training
||Kartra Technical Documentation
Detailed user guides
Kartra vs. Ontraport: Pricing Comparison
Plans offered by the two platforms keep to similar price points, and both offer discounts if paid annually. However, keep in mind that your chosen plan may provide limited access to certain features, so we have outlined what each plan includes below.
- Starter Plan: $99 per month or $79 per month if paid annually
- Includes hosting 100 pages, 50 videos, and selling 20 products. However, this plan does not give users access to Kartra Agency.
- Silver Plan: $199 per month or $149 per month if paid annually
- Includes up to 12,500 leads, access to Kartra Agency, three custom domains, and an unlimited amount of all features.
- Gold Plan: $299 per month or $229 per month if paid annually
- Includes the Kartra Agency, unlimited amount of all features, and up to 25,000 leads with five custom domains.
- Platinum Plan: $499 per month or $379 per month if paid annually
- Everything the previous plans offer with even more leads and domains.
- Basic Plan: $79 per month or $66 per month if paid annually
- Includes 1000 contacts, only one account user, and two free customer service account setup calls. You cannot sell products with this plan.
- Plus Plan ($147 per month or $122.50 per month if paid annually
- This plan includes access to e-commerce features, two account users, and 2,500 contacts. However, this plan does not include e-mail delivery consulting.
- Pro Plan: $297 per month or $247.50 per month if paid annually) – the Pro Plan includes 10,000 contacts, unlimited e-mails, and e-mail delivery consulting, but it does not have VIP support.
- Enterprise Plan: $497 per month or $414 per month if paid annually.
- The Enterprise Plan gives up to 5 users access to everything and 20,000 leads, but it does limit e-mails to 200,000 per month when previous plans do not.
We believe that Kartra is the more cost-effective option at any given price point. In short, Kartra provides more features available on more plans.
Ontraport requires at least the Plus plan to access e-commerce features. Notably, Ontraport’s most expensive plan limits e-mails while the more affordable plans do not.
You Might Also Like:
Kartra vs. Ontraport: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Let’s take a deeper dive into the features offered by the two platforms and see how they compare. The results will help you make a more informed decision on which platform is better for your needs.
You Might Also Like:
Sales & Marketing Features
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- Kartra offers better sales and marketing solutions, although Ontraport is a close second. It uses similar marketing tactics, but Kartra offers quite a bit more. For example, Kartra offers much more for video marketing, whereas Ontraport only hosts your videos. Kartra also builds effective funnels aside from e-mail campaigns. Meanwhile, Ontraport focuses more on targeted e-mail, Facebook, and SMS campaigns.
Memberships & Online Course Features
As far as monetization opportunities are concerned, both competitors deliver the goods.
For example, Kartra’s affiliate management and membership generation program has unlimited possibilities, flexible commissions, and various payment milestones.
Podia responds with a customizable storefront to sell unlimited digital content while promising members and affiliates different levels of commitment and various pricing plans.
Which Platform Offers Better Membership and Course Features?
- We approve of how both sites handle membership and the distribution of online course content. Therefore, scores in this category are tied.
You Might Also Like:
Analytics & Reporting Features
Kartra analytics systems include membership insights, affiliate performance, and site traffic metrics. Data comes in via a real-time interface utilizing the dashboard and the Kartra Agency program.
Podia manages analytics measurements and site statistics via Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, or similar third-party integrations.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics & Reporting Features?
Google Analytics is useful to track and understand customer behavior.
However, it is not inherent to the platform and requires third-party integration to function. For this reason, we prefer Kartra.
Kartra Analytics Metrics:
- Affiliate Traffic
- Affiliate Sales and Rebills
- Affiliate Refunds
- Revenue from Affiliates
- Affiliate Earnings Per Click
Customization & Page Building Features
Which Platform Offers Better Customization and Page-Building Features?
- Kartra is the optimal choice, although both platforms offer ready-made templates for your landing page that you can personalize with a drag-and-drop editor. However, Kartra wins because it provides one thing Ontraport does not – custom thank-you pages. While it may not seem like a big deal, a customized thank-you message can significantly improve the customer’s experience.
Customer Support & Training
Which Platform Offers Better Customer Support and Training?
- The two platforms are tied in this section. The winner will largely depend on your business needs and personal preference. Although Kartra and Ontraport have chat and e-mail support, online training, and live training events, it depends on your delivery preference. Ontraport uses podcasts, blogs, and proven blueprints to ensure your success. At the same time, Kartra has the Kartranaut training program, as well as training guides inside the dashboard to familiarize you with its features and the Technical Documentation section that answers software-related questions.
- Choose Kartra if: You need all the tools to create your business, grow and market it into a successful business.
- Choose Ontraport if: Your goal is to optimize CRM, sales, and marketing solutions to support and scale your growing business.
Between Kartra and Ontraport, it is our opinion that Kartra is the more complete platform with multiple solutions for marketing, customization, and monetization. While Kartra doesn’t grant access to all features with every plan, even the Starter Plan offers enough to get a new e-commerce business going.
Ontraport offers more limited features in some aspects, and users won’t be able to make the most of what’s available unless they go for the Plus Plan at the very least.
Kartra will provide the most value for your money from most users’ standpoints on function vs. pricing.