Deciding on an all-in-one platform for your business is a difficult task.
At first glance, it’s hard to decipher what makes one platform better than the other.
Kartra simplifies running your online business by providing e-commerce, marketing, and business management solutions in one place.
Likewise, Shopify provides various tools to help users build their business on the web.
This article will compare the features of Kartra with those of Shopify to determine which platform is best for your business needs.
Kartra is a one-stop shop for all of your business needs.
The platform provides an e-commerce solution, powerful marketing automation tools, and a sleek management interface in one user-friendly package.
It helps you manage your brand, connect with customers and grow your business.
Shopify is a powerful product-focused e-commerce platform that allows you to set up your online store over the internet.
With Shopify, users can sell products directly to customers via an attractive storefront.
With Shopify, you can easily sell your products on social media or via a website and accept payments from customers all in one place.
Kartra vs. Shopify at a Glance
|Yes, 30 days. ($1)
|Yes, 14 days.
|Starter Plan – $99/month
Silver Plan – $199/month
Gold Plan – $299/month
Platinum Plan – $499/month
|Basic Plan – $29/month
Shopify Plan – $79/month
Advanced Plan – $299/month
|Creating and selling courses and membership sites, e-mail marketing, and affiliate management
|E-commerce store platform and basic marketing
|User Interface Features
Manage large stores
|E-mail type builder
|Marketing and SEO
|Customer Support & Training
|Live agent chat system
Extensive knowledge base
|Customer service courses
Shopify Compass free courses
Both Kartra and Shopify are business management platforms that provide tools to aid online sales and develop a growing business.
Kartra focuses on digital products and services and supplies users with an all-in-one solution to establish a successful marketing campaign and manage your entire business.
Meanwhile, Shopify focuses on building e-commerce stores to sell physical and digital products.
The above chart highlights some of the options provided by each platform. The main features of Kartra include:
- Lead generation
- Sales funnels
- Powerful marketing automation
- Courses and membership sites
- Templates for emails, pages, memberships
On the other hand, the main features of Shopify include:
- Creating online stores
- A wide array of themes
- Selling physical and digital products
The use of these platforms depends on your business needs. For example, Shopify is an asset to people primarily focused on e-commerce, not courses or services.
On the other hand, Kartra is a comprehensive business management platform focusing on selling courses, memberships, and digital products.
Kartra vs. Shopify: Pricing Comparison
The following feature breakdown will help you select the optimum plan depending on your use.
- Starter Plan ($99 per month or $79 per month paid annually) – includes 2,500 contacts, 100 pages, and 100 automations, alongside 20 products and 1,500 month-to-month e-mails. This plan does not include Kartra Agency, sales funnels, and membership sites.
- Silver Plan – ($199 per month or $149 per month paid annually) – includes 12,500 contacts, unrestricted pages, and automations, alongside unlimited products and 125,000 month-to-month e-mails. It also includes sales funnels.
- Gold Plan – ($299 per month or $249 per month paid annually) – includes 25,000 contacts, unrestricted pages, and unlimited automations, alongside endless products and 250,000 month-to-month e-mails.
- Platinum Plan – ($499 per month or $379 per month with 1-year commitment) – includes 50,000 contacts, unrestricted pages and automations, alongside unlimited products and 500,000 month-to-month e-mails.
- Basic Shopify Plan ($29 per month) – includes unlimited products, two staff accounts, four locations, and up to 64% shipping discounts.
- Shopify Plan ($79 per month) – includes unlimited products, five staff accounts, five locations, and up to 72% shipping discounts.
- Advanced Shopify Plan ($29 per month) – includes unlimited products, fifteen staff accounts, eight locations, and up to 74% shipping discounts.
It is evident from the comparison that Shopify is the more affordable option between the two. Although it is not as well suited to selling services, courses, or anything that is not a product (digital or physical), it can be more accessible for beginners with only a partial focus on courses or memberships.
Kartra might be at a premium price range, but it offers extensive knowledge commerce features unavailable in Shopify.
As a result, Kartra is best for an established edupreneur looking to expand their business.
However, it is notable that the most advanced options are only available on upper-tier plans.
You Might Also Like:
Kartra vs. Shopify: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Kartra and Shopify are excellent and easy-to-use options for business development and e-commerce for less tech-savvy people.
They excel in different aspects but are predominant features for an online sales setup. Therefore, it is essential to pick the right tool to fit your needs.
We have provided a comprehensive evaluation of significant features that will assist you in selecting the right platform for yourself.
You Might Also Like:
Sales & Marketing Features
Kartra has a very strong sales and marketing automation system that includes page builders, split-testing, broadcasting, and membership portal builders.
Shopify offers basic but effective sales and marketing tools.
However, the two platforms are not completely comparable, as Shopify only has entry-level marketing tools.
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- Kartra’s sales and marketing features are better because it has a great delivery rate and advanced automation features that give you full control of your specific choices. In addition, Kartra has pro-level tools, which makes it a great option.
Memberships & Online Course Features
Kartra offers built-in membership and course management to share exclusive content with your customer base.
In addition, it assists in building online courses and eliminates the need to use a separate platform. Course templates are integral to the platform as a central part of Kartra’s purpose.
On the other hand, Shopify has a fairly rigid focus on selling physical and digital products.
Which Platform Offers Better Memberships and Courses?
- Kartra is superior on this point because it supports memberships and courses. Shopify’s support of anything other than a product requires clunky workarounds that often don’t provide an optimal customer experience.
You Might Also Like:
Analytics & Reporting Features
Shopify has many third-party tracking options that follow your sales progress and help identify patterns for better sales and marketing. The prominent features include your store’s recent activity, insights into visitors, sales speed, and transaction analysis. On the other hand, Kartra has a video analytics dashboard and billing portals to track and record all performance aspects of your business.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics and Reporting Features?
- The analytics and reporting features are not comparable on both platforms because they track different aspects of your business. For example, Kartra is stronger for longer-term holistic business and video analytics, while Shopify is stronger for pure sales analytics.
Kartra Analytics Metrics:
- Affiliate Traffic
- Affiliate Sales and Rebills
- Affiliate Refunds
- Revenue from Affiliates
- Affiliate Earnings Per Click
Customization & Page Building Features
Unique business pages are essential for modern marketing, so most business platforms include a professional page builder.
Kartra comes with beautiful templates that help create mobile responsive landing and sales pages.
It is a very effective tool to boost sales and engagement. On the other hand, Shopify also has a wide array of themes and designs that are fully customizable.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization and Page Building Features?
- Kartra’s customization and page-building features win because the templates are completely free. Although Shopify can provide some room to play with design, you have to pay a premium price to get a good store set up.
Customer Support & Training
Both platforms have extensive customer support and training facilities. Kartra Helpdesks offer your customers all the technical support needed to go through your business. It is a very accommodating feature that includes full-time live chat support. Shopify also has a 24/7 support system that reconnects you with the Shopify Community that offers assistance in all matters. A variety of training material is also available on both platforms.
Which Platform Offers Better Customer Support and Training?
- Both Shopify’s and Kartra’s customer support and training features are accessible. It is available 24/7 and accessible to all users.
- Choose Kartra if: you want to create high-converting sales funnels, membership sites, and calendars. Kartra is a complete system that replaces many expensive tools necessary to manage an online business. The price range is high, but it is guaranteed to provide better outcomes for lead generation.
- Choose Shopify if: you want to manage your e-commerce store or require better templates for page building. It is more affordable in pricing and provides an app store for added functionality.
When it comes to the final winner, Kartra is our pick due to its accessibility and numerous features.
It is on the pricey side, but it replaces all additional tools you might need for your business. Some highlighted features of Kartra are e-mail auto-responding, online course building, funnel building, etc. Therefore it is best for people who want to limit the number of tools used for their online business.
In contrast, Shopify is one of the best options to launch and manage a product-based e-commerce store.
But the biggest drawback is that you will need several third-party integrations even to start to replicate Kartra’s full range of functionality.