When shopping around for a platform to build a digital presence, you may come across Kartra and WordPress.
Both can help you create a fully-functional website for your product, course, or membership site. Kartra is an all-in-one platform with everything integrated.
At the same time, WordPress centers its efforts around hosting, website building, and blog creation.
Ideally, you only want one main platform, but which works better for your needs? Let’s take a look.
Kartra prides itself in being a one-stop shop for building your online business.
The platform can help you produce optimized pages with marketing features such as funnels, campaigns, and membership sites.
Kartra’s monthly price can range from $99 to $499, depending on your plan.
WordPress’s claim to fame is its website-building capabilities. It is known as one of the premier website builders that incorporates advanced blogging features.
In addition, WordPress offers a free option alongside four different plans from $7 to $59 before any annual billing discounts.
Kartra vs. WordPress at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 30 days. ($1)||No, but there is a free plan.|
|Pricing Range||Pricing Range
Starter Plan – $99
Silver Plan – $199
Gold Plan – $299
Platinum Plan -$499
|Free Plan – Free
Personal Plan – $7
Premium Plan – $14
Business Plan – $33
eCommerce Plan – $59
|Best For||All-in-one platform for online business building and marketing
||Hosting, website building, and blog creation
|User Interface Features
Creating and selling online products
|Earn ad revenue
Pay with PayPal
|Marketing Options||Funnels and campaigns
Surveys and quizzes
|Advanced social media updates and promotions
|Customer Support & Training
Kartra Technical Documentation
Chat and e-mail support
|Website building tips
As you can see, both tools offer very different features and results. Kartra is a comprehensive online business builder with advanced marketing features, analytics, and monetization options.
WordPress is a dedicated website builder with many fully customizable templates and the option to integrate a blog. The pricing for any plan you choose on either platform differs significantly.
At first glance, WordPress is a much more affordable option if your sole focus is customization, visual eye candy, and creating blog content.
Kartra, on the other hand, is devoted to everything from building the site, to marketing, to analytics, to optimization with plenty of support.
You Might Also Like:
Kartra vs. WordPress: Pricing Comparison
Kartra and WordPress both offer discounts for any plan if paid annually.
With WordPress being so much more affordable, let’s look at what each plan entails and compare it to its competitor, Kartra.
- Starter Plan: $99 per month or $79 per month if paid annually
- Includes up to 2,500 leads, adds one additional team member, and connects one helpdesk. The Kartra Agency is absent from this plan’s core features.
- Silver Plan: $199 per month or $149 per month if paid annually
- Gain access to the Kartra Agency, with no limits on all features, three custom domains, and 12,500 leads.
- Gold Plan: $299 per month or $229 per month if paid annually
- Includes everything the previous tiers have and up to 25,000 leads and five custom domains.
- Platinum Plan: $499 per month or $379 per month if paid annually
- Up to 50,000 leads, ten custom domains, and everything the other plans offer.
- Free Plan
- Includes free themes and 3GB of storage. Doesn’t give access to more advanced features, and you cannot remove WordPress ads.
- Personal Plan: $7 per month or $4 per month if paid annually
- Includes a free domain for a year, removable WordPress ads, and allows you to collect payments.
- Premium Plan: $14 or $8 if paid annually
- Includes what the Personal Plan offers plus live chat support, allows you to earn ad revenue, and upload videos. However, the Premium Plan does not provide access to plugins and advanced SEO tools.
- Business Plan: $33 or $25 if paid annually
- The Business Plan offers what the Premium Plan doesn’t, including automated site backups and SFTP database access.
- eCommerce Plan: $59 or $45 if paid annually
- The eCommerce Plan unlocks all of WordPress’s features. In addition, it extends payments in 60+ countries, integrations with shipping carriers, and premium design options.
Since the two platforms are quite different, there isn’t a clear most cost-effective option.
If WordPress’s features are enough for your needs, then it is the best choice to save a bit of money in the short term.
On the other hand, Kartra is the platform to choose if you need everything on hand to build your online footprint.
Because Kartra offers a more comprehensive platform to establish your business from the ground up, its plans cost more.
You Might Also Like:
Kartra vs. WordPress: A Comparison of Features and Tools
To help you better understand which platform is best for you, we have compared the most important features to look for in an e-commerce platform.
Each item details which site is the better choice.
You Might Also Like:
Sales & Marketing Features
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- Kartra is the better choice for sales and marketing solutions because it offers more comprehensive features than WordPress. You can upload videos to capture more leads, create funnels and campaigns, and even use surveys and quizzes to better cater to your audience’s needs. WordPress has marketing features, but these are less advanced than Kartra. You have the option of integrating paid-only content as Kartra does, along with cutting-edge social media promotion and SEO tools.
Memberships & Online Course Features
Which Platform Offers Better Memberships and Courses?
- Both Kartra and HubSpot have brilliant membership options. Still, Kartra is the better choice as it can also help build successful courses. Kartra has the features to create memberships and courses. It also offers the ability to market them, giving users a clear route to success from beginning to end. HubSpot has membership pages within the CMS hub that allows users to create specific content for certain members. Still, it does not offer course-building features, and it aims more toward support and growth than creating a new business or revenue stream.
You Might Also Like:
Analytics & Reporting Features
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics?
- As a platform with features dedicated solely towards marketing, Kartra is the winner for analytics. Its analytics capabilities will help users determine what works and what doesn’t. You can get all the data you need at a glance directly on your dashboard, including details like traffic and conversion rates, subscription, and product analytics. WordPress also offers analytics integration with Google Analytics, starting with the Premium Plan. However, the eCommerce Plan is the only one with additional marketing integrations.
Customization & Page Building Features
Which Platform Offers Better Customization and Page-Building Features?
- It was difficult to choose, but WordPress is the winner in this category. Both sites offer excellent customization options on mobile-friendly templates without prior coding knowledge. There are hundreds of themes and designs available from either contender. However, the finished product from WordPress can more readily stand out. With a drag-and-drop builder, you can insert text, photos, or web forms, and invoke a wide range of third-party integrations in the form of WordPress plugins. Kartra’s page builder is fully featured and easy to use, but it is less straightforward to integrate with third-party apps.
Customer Support & Training
Which Platform Offers Better Support and Training?
- WordPress and Kartra both offer users resources to get started. Still, although Kartra offers very detailed support with text, FAQs, and videos, WordPress wins with daily live interactive webinars. You can also get your personal questions answered by experts after each session. In addition, you can consult WordPress courses to find solutions to your problems quickly.
- Choose Kartra if: You need all the tools to build an online business in one place without requiring an array of third-party integrations.
- Choose WordPress if: Your main focus is to build an intuitive and attractive website with a featured blog.
We would pick Kartra as the winner over WordPress for most users because it offers more advanced features than WordPress does by default.
As a result, you can build a beautiful page with an easy-to-use page builder and have the tools you need to market and sell your product. WordPress can also help you with gorgeous templates for professional-looking results.
Notably, the vast selection of third-party integrations means that it is possible to attain better results if you invest time and money.
However, it doesn’t offer as many features as Kartra by default concerning marketing and analytics.