In an ever-changing world, continuing professional development is key to staying relevant in the job market.
Platforms such as LearnWorlds and LearnDash provide online solutions to create, sell, and promote various online courses for this purpose. But, how do these two stack up against each other?
In short, LearnWorlds’ white-labeled software helps you devise and market e-learning courses, bundles, and memberships.
In addition, online training functionality makes it uniquely suited to social learning through interactive content.
LearnDash, on the other hand, is a learning management system that integrates with WordPress to sell courses, packages, and non-course-related content to subscribers.
You Might Also Like:
LearnWorlds users value this LMS platform to consolidate their unique skills and experiences into saleable content.
- Custom course building
- Video transcription and editing
- Flexible customization settings (students)
- Multiple assessment formats
- Creation of branded digital certificates
- Performance tracking
- Slideshare capability
- Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Interactive content
- Extensive question banks
Costs range from $29 per month for the Starter Plan to $299 per month for the Learning Centre option. Custom plans are available for corporates and high-volume courses.
This platform is in sync with the latest e-learning trends and offers the following features:
- User accounts, archives, and profiles
- Activity grading
- Enrollment/attendance tracking
- Course categorization
- Certificate management
- Gamification (badges/levels/points)
- Customizable language, location, and media settings
- Custom learning type settings
- Mobile learning
- Report generation
- Defining and assigning roles
- Shopping cart
- System reports
LearnDash charges for user licenses:
- $159 – 1 site license
- $189 – 10 site licenses
- $329 – 25 site licenses
LearnWorlds vs. Learndash at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 30 days.||Yes, 14 days.|
|Pricing Range||Starter – $29/month |
Pro Trainer – $99/month (-20% if paid annually)
Learning Centre – $299/month (-20% if paid annually)
High Volume/Corporate (custom)
|Basic – $159 (1 user license)
Plus – $189 (10 licenses)
Pro – $329 (25 licenses)
|Best For||Entrepreneurs, e-learning platforms, corporate training||Learning management on a WordPress platform|
|User Interface Features||Student progress tracking|
School dashboard overview on enrollment and performance
Detailed course info administration
|Online Courses||Unlimited courses |
Templates and widgets
Drag-and-drop course builder
Customizable advanced quizzing
|Monetization Options||PayPal, Stripe, Apple Pay, GooglePay, Amazon, Authorize.net, Braintree||PayPal/Stripe/2Checkout|
|Marketing Options||Integration with top marketing tools|
1-Click funnel with upsell capability
Membership and subscriptions
Coupons and promotions
|Integration with top marketing tools
Upsell and cross-sell functionality
Subscriptions and membership
LearnDash is an LMS plugin compared to LearnWorlds that functions as a standalone system.
Even though LearnWorlds offers a WordPress plugin to connect to a site’s LMS seamlessly, it makes LearnDash more versatile.
In addition, the drip-feed content provision function allows for the recognition of the course builder’s preferences, which ultimately strengthens this claim.
LearnDash stands out as far as interactive learner experience is concerned. However, on closer inspection, we found that both systems offer the following:
- Services suitable for corporate or business use
- Employee training
- External integration of marketing tools
- Personal learning
- Video courses
- Student registration
LearnWorlds’ unique features include:
- Data export and import
- Data visualization
- Class management
- SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model)
- Report and compliance
LearnDash takes the lead with the following functionalities:
- Drip content
- Course bundles
- E-mail notification
- Advanced quiz generation
You Might Also Like:
LearnWorlds vs. LearnDash: Pricing Comparison
Purchasing a package to simplify the sale of course content is beneficial. However, be cognizant of hidden additional costs.
LearnWorlds offers its users a choice of different subscription options at affordable prices. If paid annually, a 20% discount applies. This calculation excludes VAT (if applicable).
- The Starter Plan costs $29 per month, enabling unlimited courses and students, an SLE customized custom domain, and an online testing engine. Transaction fees of $5 apply to every course you sell.
- The Starter option does not support a comprehensive question bank, live classes, live webinars, or SCORM/HTML functionality.
- The Pro Trainer option costs $99 a month (-20% if paid annually), enabling unlimited courses, video hosting, and landing pages. Additional features include a subscription gateway utilizing Stripe, a one-click sales funnel, private and free course permission, and live classes/meetings.
- The Pro package does not support interactive video editing or Application Programming Interface and lacks a dedicated account manager.
- Learning Centres pay a monthly fee of $299 (-20% discount with annual payment). In addition to the features available on Starter and Pro Plans, users also receive full white-label access, copyright protection, course insights, and advanced reporting tools.
- Despite a jam-packed library of features, this plan lacks customer phone support and a dedicated account manager.
- High volume users or corporate entities benefit from all the inherent features, plus unlimited scheduled reports, optional SLA, and dedicated Manager on Account. Custom pricing applies.
LearnDash fees arise based on selling licenses to use the platform.
- The Basic Plan costs $159 and supports one license for a term of one calendar year. Outstanding benefits are unlimited users and courses, drip-feed content delivery, advanced quizzing templates, certification, and badges, in addition to e-mail notification software.
- This option does not support analytics reporting, class management, or SCORM/HTML.
- The LearnDash Plus Plan costs $189 for ten user licenses. Features are inclusive of those on the Basic plan.
- Notably, the Plus Plan does not support live training. Additional management tools are only available as plugins or add-ons. User data is not stored or hosted on this platform.
- The Pro Plan buys 25 user licenses at $329. The package includes all features as per Basic and Plus Plans.
- You may purchase Gradebooks, SCORM, and API third-party add-ons and integrations at additional cost.
You Might Also Like:
LearnWorlds vs. LearnDash: A Comparison of Features and Tools
When choosing an online platform to market course content, we suggest that you compare the features and benefits of viable service providers.
An intuitive, easy-to-use interface is optimal for better navigation. In addition, remote access to various learning resources via mobile is beneficial to facilitators and students alike. Other considerations include SCORM compliance, functional administration, reporting tools, and API for seamless integration of existing external software.
Consider what you need to facilitate your content and find features to match.
You Might Also Like:
Online learning should offer flexibility, functional tutor-student interaction, and integration strategies to influence performance and motivation for a unique learning experience.
LearnDash’s extended quizzes place it a notch above LearnWorlds. In addition, different types of questions with added video and graphic content make it more functional and relatable.
The LearnWorld equivalent offers three types of questions attached to assignments and tests. Additionally, the built-in social network and custom domains get our attention and our vote.
Sales and Marketing Features
LearnWorlds and LeanDash match each other fairly well in the provision of sales and marketing features. Both offer multiple payment gateway options, promotions, marketing, and subscription management.
However, LearnWorlds offer better live online training and webinars to its customers.
Additionally, it is possible to bundle courses or sell in bulk to reach more students. Also, e-mail marketing capability and 35 potential integration opportunities with a range of marketing tools seal the deal.
Student Experience Features
As far as the student experience is concerned, it is again a close race. Both LearnWorlds and LearnDash are easy to use and require only modest technological know-how.
Game design elements are incorporated to hold student attention and simplify learning. Both display links to all available courses, quizzes, and topics for easy access.
Still, we consider LearnWorlds better because it offers access via SaaS, iPhone, iPad, and other Android-compatible devices.
But, a bit disappointingly, LearnDash can only be used on a SaaS basis, licensed as a WordPress plugin.
Tracking enrolment, sales, marketing campaigns, and learner performance are vital when dealing with online course content.
LearnWorlds uses learning analytics inherent to the platform and integrates with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, and Facebook Pixel. Customer demographics, site analytics, marketing, sales, and customer preferences are thus trackable and reportable.
You can then similarly record, evaluate and report on course effectiveness, the progress of learners, and other relevant statistics.
We found the LearnDash Front-End Grades and Scoring Reports add-on to be the better option. Although it adds $79.99 a year to your costs, this money is arguably well spent.
It enables student reports, recommendations, and progress measurement. You can then send this information in report form to the appropriate leaders and tutors.
Customization of platforms used for online content is vital for brand awareness and editing of course details and content.
LearnWorlds application allows for bespoke school pages and course players. In addition, the Site Builder facilitates customization. For example, you can adjust course settings to schedule drip content, edit built-in pages, and capture user data.
Still, LearnDash customization options are much better as they are easier to apply. Users simply select a pre-designed template to cover the basics. Then edit to match your brand and product requirements.
Users needing help on LearnDash have access to a Facebook group, YouTube channel, and FAQ on the net.
In addition, you may do queries via e-mail or by clicking on the Support button on the website.
LearnWorlds customer support is more advanced than LearnDash’s, with daily webinars and Help Centre resources available to users.
Customers can also call the toll-free number, send an e-mail, Skype, or open a query ticket for live support.
Choose LearnWorlds if:
- You want a vast array of valuable features
- You want to be able to upload and edit videos
- You want mobile access to your courses
- You need white-page branding
- You want a custom web domain
Choose LearnDash if:
- You want a WordPress based website
- You want to use drip content release
- You want a flexible quiz builder
- You want access to metrics and student performance data
- You want complete control of the user experience
In completing our research, we concluded that LearnWorlds is the better candidate in the race.
Features that impressed us the most included mobility, affordability, and the carte blanche to custom-design web pages, course layout, and content.
Overall, we believe that LearnWorlds’ performance beats LearnDash’s.
LearnWorlds was more reliable and promised a more immersive user experience. Furthermore, it is easy to use and comes with superb customer support.
You Might Also Like: