While looking for the best online course platform or Learning Management System, you may wonder how Thinkific compares to Wix.
Thinkific is a dynamic online platform that allows you to create, market, and sell online courses for any niche.
On the other hand, Wix is a cloud-based web development platform with drag and drop tools.
Find out about the plans and features Wix and Thinkific have to offer in the guide below.
Thinkific is for online educators that want to sell their courses to students.
With Thinkific, you can share your knowledge and grow your audience with the courses you create.
You can sell your own branded courses, making Thinkific excellent for companies that want to use the platform to train their staff.
The prices for the Thinkific plans are between $0 and $499. Additionally, there is an option to customize your plan.
Wix is a platform that allows you to create websites, with some support for creating and selling courses.
Use the Wix online Programs app to create the course you want on the platform.
There are four plans for you to choose from, ranging from $17 to $35 per month.
Thinkific vs. Wix at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 14 days.||Yes, 14 days.|
|Pricing Range||Free – $0
Basic – $49
Pro – $99
Growth – $99
Premier – $499
|Business Basic – $17
Business Unlimited – $25
Business VIP – $35
|Best For||Creating online courses and quizzes, Marketing online courses, and tracking their analytics||Creating and hosting websites and developing online video courses.
Adding quizzes, videos, and other features to lessons.
Can integrate a community.
Coaches, speakers, writers, entrepreneurs, consultants, course creators, and businesses.
|User Interface Features
||User-friendly interface with tabs in one place.
Requires no coding experience
|Utilizes drag and drop tools to create sites and courses.
Requires no coding experience
|Online Courses||Built-in content creation tools
Embed 3rd party tools
Full video and content hosting
Create free, time-limited courses
|Drag and drop tools
Ad vouchers is a third party integration
Offers unlimited pages and hosting for free
Include multiple currencies on courses
|Monetization Options||Monetize YouTube with ads
Monetize content with Patreon
Monetize content with Merch
|Offer paid membership plans
Use online ads
Monetize with Google AdSense
Integrate a Shopify app
Add affiliate reporting
Include bundles and memberships
|Sell on social channels.
Integrate loyalty programs with Smile.io
Sell on marketplaces
Wix is completely different from Thinkific.
However, the Wix plans are more affordable, and they offer more marketing features for your site. Both platforms are easy to use when creating sites filled with courses.
You may want to use Wix as a way to promote your Thinkific channel because it may not offer all the course-building features you need to create substantive lessons.
Thinkific vs. Wix: Pricing Comparison
Both Thinkific and Wix have free plans with basic features to build courses online.
However, if you invest in higher plans, you’ll get extra marketing features and tools. Let’s take a look at what each platform’s plans have to offer.
- Free – ($0 per month) – includes full video and content hosting and an import feature and course creation with any content type. The plan allows an unlimited number of users and courses. It does not support live lessons on Zoom or Prerequisite lessons.
- Basic Plan – ($49 per month, $39 per month when paid annually). Includes retaining ownership of your content, Voice Over PowerPoint tool, and unlimited courses. It doesn’t support Brillium exam integration and assignments.
- Pro Plan – ($99 per month or $79 per month when paid annually). It also includes a randomized quiz question bank, student surveys, and student discussions.
- Premier Plan – ($499 per month or $399 per month if paid annually). It includes Brillium exams integration and all the features of the other plans, plus SSO and onboarding packages.
- Business Basic – ($17 per month) – Includes custom domain, removal of Wix ads, and five video hours. It does not support customized reports.
- Business Unlimited – ($25 per month). It includes Unlimited bandwidth, 35GB of storage space, and a $75 Ad voucher. Again, it does not include customized reports.
- Business VIP – ($35 per month). This plan includes customer account setup, free domain for one year, and priority customer care solutions.
Although Thinkific’s plans are much more expensive than Wix’s, Thinkific provides many more features specifically for building courses.
You can create courses no matter which Thinkific plan you choose.
Wix offers limited course features. As a result, you could end up spending more to build courses on Wix than using a dedicated course-building platform such as Thinkific.
You Might Also Like:
Thinkific vs. Wix: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Both Wix and Thinkifix are feature-rich platforms. But only one of these platforms will provide the tools and features you need to build advanced online courses.
Take a look at the tools Thinkific and Wix provide to build online courses so you can pick the right platform for your requirements.
You Might Also Like:
Wix allows you to build a basic online video course using Wix Video. Each video can be set up with a buy now model or a subscription.
You won’t be able to create your course with a free Wix account.
Thinkific allows you to create any course type and multimedia quizzes.
For unlimited video uploads, you may want to choose a higher plan on Thinkific.
Which Platform Offers the Better Solution for Hosting Online Courses?
- With the Thinkific Pro plan, you get access to embedded third-party tools and sites if you want to build more advanced courses for your students.
Sales & Marketing Features
On the other hand, Wix has marketing plans that allow you to add unlimited products on your site, subscriptions, and the ability to create a loyalty program.
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- Thinkific has a better marketing structure because it specifically caters to online courses. Wix’s marketing plans lend themselves more toward e-commerce sales.
Student Experience Features
Interactions with students on Wix are limited. It may be challenging to create a membership site using Wix because it doesn’t currently offer any pre-built solutions.
With Thinkific, you can accept and give feedback on the assignments students submit to you. Thinkific has a student dashboard where learners can access their communities and courses easily.
Which Platform Offers Better Student Experience?
- Thinkific offers a better student experience because you can interact with your students easily by giving them feedback on assignments.
Thinkific offers a strong analytics tool that allows you to track your orders and conversions. If you choose any Thinkific marketing plan, you’ll get an integrated marketing analytics program.
Wix only offers marketing analytics on the website building plans. You’ll need an e-commerce plan to accept payments for your courses. There is a financial tracking feature to assist you.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics Features?
- Thinkific has a marketing analytics feature on all of its marketing plans except on the free package. If you choose the basic plan, you can get marketing analytics to integrate with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels, and Mixpanel.
Thinkific has packages that allow you to customize the design of your online course site. With these packages on Thinkific, you can customize your landing pages, remove Thinkific branding, and include advanced HTML and CSS editing.
Wix has plenty of customizable options for their web building but not for course building. You’re only able to do basic video courses on Wix.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Features?
- Thinkific has excellent customization features that allow you to create custom site links and add your branding to your site. Additionally, you can create course-specific branding.
- Choose Thinkific if: You want to create any course type you want with multimedia quizzes. You should also pick this platform if you want better student engagement.
- Choose Wix if: You want to create basic online video courses such as tutorials that aren’t graded and require minimal interactions with students.
Wix is an excellent platform for creating a professional website. But if you want to build advanced courses, you’ll have limited options with Wix. The site builder works well for basic video tutorials to which students can subscribe.
Thinkific allows you to make assignments or quizzes and develop a user-friendly platform for your students. Your students can access an individualized dashboard to access their courses, and you can provide feedback on their progress. Thinkific also offers various packages for marketing and to customize your site.
The bottom line? If you’re looking for an affordable way to create advanced courses, Thinkific is the better choice.
You Might Also Want to Compare:
- Thinkific vs Ruzuku
- Thinkific vs Simplero
- Thinkific vs Accessally
- Thinkific vs Moodle
- Thinkific vs Teachable
- Thinkific vs Google Classroom
- Thinkific vs Udemy
- Thinkific vs ClickFunnels
- Thinkific vs WordPress
- Thinkific vs LearnDash
- Thinkific vs MightyNetworks
- Thinkific vs LearnWorlds
- Thinkific vs Kartra
- Thinkific vs Podia