You can add your custom domain to any funnel, website, or membership site that you create.
If you don’t want to pay, you can add a subdomain for free.
- All subscription plans can use a custom domain
- It can take up to 48 hours for the whole custom domain process to be complete
GoHighLevel Domain Requirements
Before you start setting up your domain on GoHighLevel, there are a few requirements for you to consider.
Here are the domain requirements:
- Custom domain – You can’t purchase custom domains on the platform; therefore, you must use a third-party provider, such as GoDaddy, to purchase one.
- Site or funnel – To add a domain, you must have a Funnel, Website, or Membership site already set up on the platform to attach it to.
- Any GoHighLevel subscription – All GoHighLevel subscription plans let you set up a custom domain with no extra required cost.
How to Add a Custom Domain to GoHighLevel (Root Domain)
Before you add a domain to your site, you’ll need to connect the domain to your GoHighLevel account.
Here’s how to add your CNAME record:
- From your GoDaddy dashboard, select Domain Edit Options.
- Now, click on Edit DNS.
- Then, select Add.
- Under the Type menu option, click on CNAME.
- You’ll now need to enter the following details:
- Name: www (or any prefix you prefer)
- Value: This name can be found under your Connect Existing Domain settings
- TTL: Default
Now that your CNAME has been set up, you can connect your existing domain.
Here’s the process:
- From your GoHighLevel dashboard, select Funnels and Memberships.
- Then click on the site section that you’d like to connect from the options (Funnels, Websites, and Memberships).
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Custom Domains.
- You’ll then need to add your connected domain in the box.
- Click Save.
- After 15 minutes have passed, you can test it out by entering your custom domain into your search engine, where it should show.
How to Configure Your GoHighLevel Subdomain
If you don’t want to purchase a custom domain, you can use a custom subdomain, which can be set up very quickly at no additional cost.
- From the GoHighLevel navigation, select Funnels and Websites.
- Then, select the site that you’d like to add a subdomain to; this can be in Funnels, Websites, or the Membership section.
- Click on Settings before selecting Site Details.
- In the Subdomain box, you’ll be able to enter your custom subdomain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can connect a custom domain to your GoHighLevel account. This can be for your funnels, sites, and memberships.
After you’ve connected your CNAME to your custom domain’s hosting platform, select Funnels and Membership in your dashboard > Chose from Funnels, Websites, and Memberships, wherever you’d like to add it > Click on Settings > Select Custom Domains > Add your custom domain to the box > Click Save. Wait for 15 minutes, then you can test your domain by entering it into a search engine.
Subdomains can be added on your dashboard: select Funnels and Websites > Select from Funnels, Websites, and Memberships, depending on where you want to link it > Click Settings > Select Site Details > Under the Subdomain section, add the one you’d like > Click Save. Your subdomain will now be set up.