Kajabi has introduced a Pay-What-You-Want option for your offers.
You can set a minimum amount that you wish to receive for your offer, and customers are invited to pay over that amount if they choose.
- You can provide the option for customers to pay what they want for your offers
- Use the feature to discover the right price point for your offers
- You can use the Pay-What-You-Want feature with all Kajabi offers
What Is Kajabi Pay What You Want?
Kajabi Pay What You Want is a feature that allows customers to choose what they want to pay for your offer.
You set a minimum price for the offer. This can be $0 (free), or if you wish to charge a monetary amount, this can be any amount from $0.50 upwards (you cannot charge any amount between $0.01 – $0.49).
This minimum amount is the price that will be displayed on the offer for the customer to see and is also what they are obligated to pay to access the offer.
However, the customer also has the option of choosing to pay more if they want to. They simply input an amount higher than the minimum price and then go through the payment process.
What Are the Benefits of Pay-What-You-Want Offers?
Introducing a Pay-What-You-Want option to your offers is beneficial for a couple of reasons:
- It allows you to always get the baseline price for your offer while simultaneously increasing your potential for extra revenue.
- Accurately gauging pricing can be difficult. Pay What You Want lets you experiment and find the sweet spot of what customers are willing to pay.
- This feature lets you set a minimum of what you want for the offer but also gives customers the opportunity to support you and tip you for your service.
How to Create a Pay-What-You-Want-Offer (Step by Step)
To set up a Kajabi Pay-What-You-Want offer, follow these straightforward steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Kajabi account and click on Offers. Next, select New Offer, located in the top right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Give the offer a name and select which of your products you will assign the offer to. Then, hit Continue.
Step 3: Now, you must price your offer. There are two things to do here. First, select the checkbox next to where it says, “Let customers pay what they want.” Second, select the minimum price you wish to receive for your offer.
When you’re done, hit Save and Finish. That’s all there is to it!
How to Change an Existing Offer to Pay What You Want
If you have existing offers that you would like to change to Pay What You Want, you can do so by selecting the offer in question and clicking Edit underneath the pricing details.
Scroll down to Price Details, and here you will see the Pay-What-You-Want checkbox and the box to add your minimum price.
Hit Save in the top right corner when you’re done, and the offer will be updated.
Make Free Offers Pay What You Want
You can change a free offer to Pay What You Want by adjusting the offer type.
Head into the pricing details editing menu of your free offer and scroll to Price Details. Here you will see a dropdown box. Change it from Free to a One-time Payment.
Now you can click on the Pay-What-You-Want checkbox and set your minimum price. You can set the price to $0, so the course will still be free for anyone that doesn’t want to pay. However, if a customer wishes to tip you, they can also pay any monetary amount from $0.50 upwards.
Click Save, and you’re done.
How Does Pay What You Want Work with Upsells, Downsells, Bumps, and Coupons?
Pay-What-You-Want offers are just as versatile as standard offers:
- Coupons are compatible with Pay-What-You-Want offers, and the coupon discount amount will be applied to the minimum price of the offer. The discount cannot be applied to any amount the customer pays over the minimum amount.
- Order bumps work with any Pay-What-You-Want offer as long as the minimum amount is not $0.
- Pay-What-You-Want offers that are used for upsells, downsells, and order bumps will be charged at the minimum price you have set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Use the Kajabi Pay-What-You-Want Feature?
The Kajabi Pay-What-You-Want feature can be found when creating your offers. When choosing your payment type, you can select Pay What You Want and set a minimum price for your offer.
What Is the Minimum I Can Charge for Kajabi Pay What You Want?
You can set Kajabi Pay What You Want to $0. However, if you want to set a minimum monetary amount, this has to be $0.50 or more.
Is the Minimum Payment Amount Visible for Kajabi Pay-What-You-Want Offers?
The minimum payment amount you set for Kajabi Pay-What-You-Want offers will be visible to customers. This is so the customer understands what they are obligated to pay to access the offer.