The Kartra checkout page offers customers features to customize the entire checkout process.
You can include trials, coupons, and subscriptions while offering multiple product variations for the customers to choose from.
These tools are core features and, therefore, available to all platform subscribers.
- Customers can checkout on Kartra
- The platform offers a range of checkout customization features
You Might Also Like:
Kartra Checkout Feature
The Kartra Checkout page is the site page visitors see when they purchase your product.
You can use their checkout template or embed it onto your page.
The platform allows you to customize certain elements to provide your customers with the best experience.
Here’s what Kartra lets you change and add:
- Trials – You can offer your customers a trial so that they can purchase confidently. Examples of trials include a 28-day free subscription or $1 for ten days.
- Coupons – If you’ve promoted coupon codes on your emails and advertisement campaigns, you can let customers add them here.
- Subscriptions – If you’d like to offer your product as a subscription, you could bill monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Color Schemes – You can adjust the colors to match your business branding.
- Express checkout – Enable faster checkouts for customers.
- Add upsells, downsells, cross-sells, and order bumps – Complimentary products offered on the page to increase order value.
Kartra Custom Checkout Fields
The platform offers a range of custom checkout fields to increase the range of products you can sell and provide:
- SKU variants – You can let the customer pick the variation from a drop-down menu for products with multiple variants.
- Custom information boxes – You can ask customers for a piece of specific information, like the best way to contact them.
- Automated flows – If you’re delivering a physical product, information can be forwarded to your fulfillment team as soon as the customer has completed checkout.
Types of Kartra Checkout Forms
Kartra offers two types of checkout forms for you to choose from:
- Single-Step or Vertical Checkout Form
This design will allow customers to scroll through the three checkout steps on one page.
They will first see the information in the following order:
This will all appear in vertical order for the customer to complete.
- Multi-Step or Horizontal Checkout Form
The platform’s second type of checkout is multistep, otherwise known as horizontal checkout.
This breaks the four sections of information described above and places them on different pages.
To progress to the next step in the checkout, customers must first complete the previous step.
You can test them with your specific product offering to see which suits your needs best.
How to Customize Your Kartra Checkout
- To customize your checkout, select My Products on your dashboard.
- Select the Edit Product button for the product with the checkout you’d like to customize.
- Choose Edit Product on the dropdown menu.
- In the pop-up, select Next.
- You’ll need to navigate to the Checkout section by clicking Save and then Next to skip through the sections until you reach it.
- Once in the Checkout section, select Change for the section that says Your Checkout Page Look & Feel (this section contains most of the core checkout elements).
- You’ll then be able to choose between settings to change the templates and design. The features that we’ve mentioned are mostly in the Select Template section, so you can check the circles and preview them to find the best design for you.
- For further customization, you can check the relevant circle to embed that element in your custom page and your complete coded design.
- For further customization, you can scroll down and see the options. Turn on and off each option per your needs.
- Once you’ve finished customizing your checkout, select Save and then Next at the bottom of the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
To create a checkout page, you can use one of Kartra’s customizable checkout templates. Or alternatively, you can embed a checkout onto your Kartra page. Both will enable certain features and allow you to change the layout, text, logo, and color scheme.
Kartra does not charge any transaction fees. You only pay for your subscription plan. However, to enable checkouts, you will need a payment gateway such as Stripe or Paypal, which will charge transaction fees.
Yes, Kartra checkout can integrate with its HelpDesks feature. To do this, go to My Products, select the product you’d like to have the feature, skip through the sections until you get to the Checkout section, and then scroll down and enable the HelpDesks feature.