Kartra’s custom domain feature allows users to host their site and pages on different domains.
Depending on your plan, the platform allows you to utilize up to ten custom domains.
- Depending on your subscription, you have between 1-10 custom domains
- You can connect your custom domains to Kartra pages
Kartra Custom Domains Feature
The platform allows you to use multiple domains to host your site; each page can be linked to a different custom domain.
One reason to use multiple domains is if you’re reaching out to many leads at once, hosts will often limit the number of emails per domain. Companies can host the same offer across many custom domains to avoid hosts flagging and blocking the content.
Another reason to use multiple custom domains is to run different brands and businesses without changing Kartra accounts.
Kartra Custom Domain Requirements
To use a custom domain, there are a few requirements:
- You have the domain – Custom domains need to be pre-purchased before you can link them to Kartra; you have to use a third-party service such as GoDaddy or CloudFlare to buy it.
- You must have a paid subscription – Before linking your custom domain, you must sign up to the platform and set up an account.
- CNAME access – The domain provider you’ve purchased your site from must allow you to change the CNAME records. All top providers do this, but be sure you can before purchasing.
Kartra Plan Requirements for Using Custom Domains
Each Kartra subscription plan allows you to connect a different number of custom domains. Before purchasing, you need to be aware of each plan’s usage limits.
The platform’s entry-level offering, the Starter plan, allows users to have only one custom domain.
As the cheapest plan, it has the least custom domain connections.
- $79/month (annual payment)
This mid-tier plan allows customers to use up to 3 custom domains.
- $149/month (annual payment)
The higher-tiered Gold plan allows you to have up to 5 custom domains.
- $229/month (annual payment)
The platform’s premier offering, the Platinum plan, allows users to connect up to 10 custom domains.
- $379/month (annual payment)
|Plan||Number of Custom Domains|
How to Set Up a Custom Domain in Kartra
The process for setting up a custom domain and linking it to Kartra is almost the same for all domain providers.
For this example, we’ve opted to use GoDaddy, as it’s one of the most popular domains purchasing and hosting companies.
GoDaddy CNAME Set Up and Domain Linking
There are two parts to setting up and connecting your custom domain in Kartra. Part one adds your CNAME to your domain, and the second part links your domain by forwarding it.
How to add a CNAME:
- Once on your GoDaddy account, go to the Domains section.
- Select the three dots and click Edit DNS.
- Now, click on Add to create a new record.
- Here, you’ll need to enter the CNAME details
- Type: choose CNAME
- Name: www (or whichever you would like)
- Value: username.kartra.com (you can find your username on your Kartra profile)
- TTL: Default
Now, you’ll need to set up the DNS and domain forward on GoDaddy.
- On your GoDaddy account, select Manage DNS.
- Scroll down to locate the Forwarding section.
- Click on your domain.
- Fill out the following details
- Forward To: https://
- Forward type: Permanent (301)
- Settings: Forward Only
- Check the box
- Click Save.
How to Connect Your Custom Domain with Kartra Page
After you’ve successfully set up your CNAME records and the domain forwarding, you’ll need to link the domain inside Kartra.
- On your Kartra account, select Custom Domains.
- Click on the new custom domain you added.
- Confirm the index page and 404 pages.
- Under the Index page, you have to add the first page of your domain, which can be created in Kartra.
As you can have multiple custom domains connected to one Kartra account, when you’re creating and publishing pages you’ll need to set up the domain name for every page.
How to do it:
- Under Link to Your Page, select the custom domain.
- Add the rename.
- Click Close.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Kartra is not a domain marketplace and does not sell custom domains. To purchase a custom domain, you must use a third-party service such as GoDaddy or CloudFlare, before connecting your domain to the platform.
Go to the Domains section > click Edit DNS > under Type choose CNAME, for Name add WWW, for value add username.kartra.com and set TTL to default. Forty-eight hours later: GoDaddy account > select Manage DNS > Forwarding section > click on your domain > fill out details: Forward to https://, Forward Type to Permanent (301), settings Forward Only, and check the box > Click Save. Your GoDaddy custom domain will now be linked with Kartra.