LearnWorlds makes it easy to ensure your school is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant.
If your school collects, processes, or transfers any personal data of EU residents, then you must comply with GDPR.
- LearnWorlds has a GDPR toolkit to keep your business compliant
- Choose which privacy settings are enabled for your school
- You can check your student’s GDPR preferences
Is LearnWorlds GDPR Compliant?
Yes, LearnWorlds makes it easy to make your school GDPR-compliant.
However, it is your responsibility to adjust the settings for your school to ensure you stay compliant.
The settings you choose will depend on your business type and whether you have users based in the EU.
How Do I Make My LearnWorlds School GDPR Compliant?
LearnWorlds has a GDPR-compliance toolkit.
The toolkit has everything you need to ensure your school is GDPR-compliant and the flexibility for you to adjust settings to remain compliant.
To view and edit your current privacy settings and GDPR, follow these steps:
- Click Settings.
- Select School Settings.
- Choose Privacy/GDPR from the dropdown.
This will open your privacy settings and GDPR.
There are four options for you to choose from:
- No Data Privacy Management – Neither cookies nor marketing opt-ins are shown to users. Users don’t get the option to opt out of emails sent or access email notification settings. They also can’t opt out of data access and deletion requests.
- GDPR Compliance for All Users – All users will need to opt-in for both cookies and marketing. They will also have access to all privacy-related settings.
- GDPR Compliance Only for Users Browsing from within the EU – The same settings as the previous option apply, but only for users located in the EU.
- Custom Data Privacy Management – You can adjust the settings manually by using the tick boxes. The settings you can choose include the following:
- Show Cookies Opt-in
- Show Marketing Opt-in
- Allow Users to Choose Which Emails They Receive
- Allow Users to Submit Data Access and Data Deletion Requests
These four options are explained below:
Cookies (Show Cookies Opt-In)
Marketing (Show Marketing Opt-In)
On LearnWorlds, you can choose whether you want to allow users the option to opt-in or out of receiving marketing emails.
The marketing opt-in is usually presented when a user enters their email address. This could be while completing the signup form or joining a newsletter.
Users can change their answer to the opt-in from their profile page.
Email Notifications (Allow Users to Choose Which Emails They Receive)
On LearnWorlds, you can decide whether users can choose whether they want to receive activity notifications about your school.
Data Access and Deletion (Allow Users to Submit Data Access and Data Deletion Requests)
On LearnWorlds, enabling this will allow users to request their data be deleted and ask for a data report.
- Data Deletion – A user can request that their data be deleted by clicking Delete My Account and Forget Me. This will delete any identifiable information and anonymize their history.
- Users might request to be deleted and forgotten. There are two options for this. The first is anonymizing the account, and the second is deleting the user. To complete the request, locate the user, click the …, and select your chosen option.
- Anonymize the Account – This will suspend the user and anonymize any messages or posts in the community. It will also replace the account details with an anonymous ID.
- Delete the User – Deleting a user is irreversible. This will permanently remove the user and their data. It will anonymize their posts and messages.
- Data Report – Users can request a copy of any personal data undergoing processing. This must be provided to the user within a month of receiving the request.
How to View and Edit the Policy Pages
In the Privacy and GDPR settings, you can find links to your school’s policy pages.
Simply click on the links to view and edit these pages.
These pages include the following:
- Terms and Conditions
LearnWorlds provides a basic template for each policy.
However, they have a disclaimer that advises you to adapt the text to suit your store and ensure it is compliant and lawful.
You can classify the scripts in the Includes section based on the user’s cookies preference.
LearnWorlds has introduced the following two pseudo-attributes:
- type – This is the script type that needs to be used. You can add the following values:
- text/plain- This option is suitable if your school needs to be GDPR compliant.
- data-accept-cookie – This is the privacy category. This is only suitable if you are using text/plain.
You can add the following values:
How to View User’s GDPR Preferences
You can view whether your user is located in the EU and whether they’ve opted-in or allowed the GDPR settings with the following steps:
- Click Users.
- Select All Users.
- Click on the user that you want to view.
Frequently Asked Questions
The toolkit allows you to manage all privacy and GDPR settings. You can choose which settings apply to your school by simply checking your chosen box.
It depends on your visitors and business. If you have any EU visitors, it is a legal requirement to comply with GDPR.
Yes! LearnWorlds makes it super easy with the GDPR toolkit and pre-built templates for your policy pages.