LearnWorlds integrates with a variety of payment gateways. These include Stripe, PayPal, Shopify, and other region and country-specific options.
Stripe allows you to accept payments from Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, and Afterpay/Clearpay.
- LearnWorlds is a PCI (payment card industry) compliant platform
- Payments are secure and seamless on LearnWorlds
Which Payment Gateways Are Available on Learnworlds?
LearnWorlds has several supported payment gateways. These are the following:
- PagSeguro (only works for Brazilian Real)
Using Stripe, you can connect to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, and Clearpay/Afterpay. Stripe also allows you to connect to some location-specific services, like Giropay.
Stripe is the only gateway that will allow you to accept subscription-based sales, payment plans, and installment payments.
LearnWorlds allows you to connect your school to multiple payment gateways, except if you use Shopify. If you choose Shopify, you cannot connect to an additional payment gateway offered by LearnWorlds.
How Do I Set Up a Payment Gateway on LearnWorlds?
Activating your payment gateway on LearnWorlds is easy, but the exact steps will depend on the payment gateway you’re setting up.
- Click Settings.
- Select Financial.
- Click Payment Gateway.
- Choose from the list the gateway you would like to activate.
- Toggle the Activate setting on.
- Connect to your existing account.
- Follow the steps prompted by LearnWorlds to complete the setup.
Can I Use an External Payment Option on LearnWorlds?
Yes. You can accept payments outside of LearnWorlds.
You can add an HTML button to your school’s page that links your payment gateway if the gateway supports it.
What Are the LearnWorlds Payment Fees?
It depends on the plan you have.
The Starter plan is the only plan which charges a transaction fee. This is a flat-rate fee of $5 per course sale.
The Pro Trainer, Learning Center, and High Volume and Corporate plans have no transaction fees.
|Starter||$5 per course sale|
|Pro Trainer||No transaction fees|
|Learning Center||No transaction fees|
|High Volume and Corporate||No transaction fees|
Your chosen payment gateway may also charge a fee. For example, Stripe charges a processing fee. This is made of a fixed fee and percentage. You can check the fees for your chosen payment gateway in their terms and conditions.
Can I Change My LearnWorlds School’s Currency?
Yes, you can choose and change your school’s currency.
If you change the currency, it will change all of your current school prices.
How Do I Set and Change My LearnWorlds School’s Currency?
- Click Settings.
- Select Financial.
- Choose Currency.
- Select which currency you would like to use.
- Australian Dollar
- British Pound
- Brazilian Real
- Canadian Dollar
- Danish Krone
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Israeli New Shekel
- Mexican Peso
- New Taiwan Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar
- Norwegian Krone
- Singapore Dollar
- South African Rand
- South Korean Won
- Swedish Krona
- Swiss Franc
- Thai Baht
- US Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- Indian Rupee
- Malaysian Ringgit
- Enter the currencies symbol.
- Adjust the currency’s sign position and separator.
- Choose whether to display your terms and conditions as a checkbox.
- Click Save.
Are LearnWorlds Payments Secure?
Yes. LearnWorlds is PCI compliant. This ensures your payments are secure.
LearnWorlds has access to the safest payment gateways, and the checkout process is seamless and fast.
Customers can use Google Pay and Apple Pay to skip the authentication steps. LearnWorlds is also an end-to-end payment solution. This allows you to easily manage everything in one place, including checkout, payments, and taxes.
How Do I Offer Subscription Payments on LearnWorlds?
LearnWorlds allows you to create subscriptions and offer them to your customers. Subscriptions are a great way to create recurring revenue.
You can include a variety of courses in your subscription plans. However, free courses cannot be included. You can also create private courses and include them in the subscriptions. These private courses won’t be visible to those who haven’t bought the subscription.
To create a subscription on LearnWorlds, follow these steps:
- Click Marketing.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Click Create Subscription Plan.
- Adjust the settings to create your subscription.
- Subscription Plan Name – This is the name of your subscription. LearnWorlds will use this name in your Stripe account too.
- Description – You can add details of the subscription.
- Image – Add an image as the thumbnail for your subscription.
- Details – This is the price and frequency that your users will be charged. Once you create the subscription, you cannot edit these details.
- Courses to Include – Select the courses included in the subscription. Make sure to click Add Course.
- Trial Days – You can add a number of days that users can access the subscription without paying. Users will still need to provide credit card details for the trial. After the trial period, they will then be charged for the subscription.
- Access – Change the subscription from Draft to Public once you’re ready for the subscription to be purchased.
- Appearance Order – Choose the order in which your subscription plans will show.
- After Purchase Navigation – Choose where your user will be directed after purchase. You can choose an After Login Page, a Thank You Page, Another Page, or a Specific URL.
- Click Save.
- You can add more courses to the subscription once it's live and customers have purchased it. It will mean that users with an active subscription will automatically receive access to the additional courses.
- You can edit the trial days for new subscribers. However, the change in trial days will not affect current subscribers using the trial.
- Users can downgrade their subscriptions. If they do so, the price difference will be credited to the user's account.
- These credits can be used for the next subscription payment, or you can refund this to their Stripe account. Users can only subscribe to one subscription plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the payment gateway your school is attached to.
Most payment gateways allow you to receive funds to your bank account. The availability of payouts will vary depending on the gateway, industry, and country.
Yes, you can use Stripe to connect your LearnWorlds account with both Apple Pay and Google Pay.