Build and launch your online school on LearnWorlds with these simple-to-follow tutorials.
Use the tutorials to create an account, choose your theme, build pages, create and launch your course, connect to a payment gateway, and add integrations.
- Set up a free LearnWorlds account and then upgrade to a paid plan
- Choose a theme and build pages for your school
- Create your first course by adding learning activities and sections to organize it
- Connect to a payment gateway to start selling your course
- Add integrations to enhance your website
Tutorial to Set Up Your LearnWorlds Account
Join LearnWorlds with a 30-day free trial. It is a no-commitment trial. All you need to join are your email address and school name.
You can test most of the paid plans’ features during the free trial, and launch your first course. However, you can only connect to a payment gateway after payment. This is when you can start charging for your course (but you can promote and start collecting leads on a free course).
Once the trial is over, or if you are ready sooner, you can subscribe to a paid plan.
There are four paid plans available after the free trial. These include Starter ($29/month or $24/month when paid annually), Pro Trainer ($99/month or $79/month when paid annually), Learning Center ($299/month or $249/month when paid annually), and High Volume & Corporate (price available on request).
Each plan has different features and tools. You can upgrade or downgrade your account by clicking on My Account, then School Plan and selecting a new plan.
LearnWorlds Dashboard Tutorial
The dashboard gives you an overview of everything happening in your school. You can use the dashboard to navigate to other areas of your account.
From the top bar of the dashboard, you can click five buttons.
- Create course – Use this button to create a new course
- Preview home page – View home page
- Preview after login page – View after login page
- What’s new – Find out any new features released on LearnWorlds
- Help – Opens the help center
Underneath the top bar, you can see four tabs that display graphs when clicked. You can choose to view the graphs by 7, 30, or 60 previous days using the dropdown box.
- New signups
- Product sales
- Active learners
Next to the graph, there are six graphics that show an overview of your school.
- All users number
- Conversions %
- 30 days sales number
- Average time spent in your school
- Course categories
Underneath the panel with the graph and graphics are six shortcut links with recent information.
- New users – This will show you when new users sign up for your school. Click See All to go to the All Users page.
- Assignments – This shows recently submitted assignments. Click See All to go to the Assignments page.
- Latest posts – View the latest posts. Click See All to go to the Community page.
- LearnWorlds Blog – View LearnWorlds’ latest blog posts. Click See All to go to the LearnWorlds Blog.
- Events Log – See the latest events happening at your school. Click See All to go to the Events Log.
- Online users – This shows the users currently online. Click Contact to message the users while they are online.
Tutorial to Choose and Customize Your LearnWorlds Theme
Design your website to attract and appeal to customers. Do this by customizing the look and feel of your school in the Theme Explorer.
Locate the Theme Explorer by clicking Site Builder and then Theme Explorer.
Here you can edit and design elements of your school.
You can use predesigned themes or edit each element individually. You can customize the following elements:
- Buttons and Inputs
Tutorial to Create Your LearnWorlds Pages
Now you have chosen the theme for your website you can start creating pages.
LearnWorlds adds a default Home Page and After Login/Start Page. It is best to edit these before creating new pages.
To edit these, go to Site Builder and then click Edit School Site. The Home Page will appear first. You can customize it here in the Page Builder.
Once you have edited these pages, you can add new pages.
To do this, click + New Page. You are able to either start with an empty page or use one of LearnWorlds’ templates.
Page template options include the following:
- 1-Click Sales Funnel
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Thank You
Tutorial to Create Your LearnWorlds Course
Build your first course in three easy steps.
First, create the course.
How to Create the Course
From the dashboard, click Create Course from the top bar. This will open the Create Course Wizard. Edit and add the following information:
- Course Type (Free, Paid, Coming Soon, Draft, Private, etc.)
- Course Delivery (Drip Feed)
Once you have finished editing and adding this information, click Ok, Take Me To The Course.
Organize the Course
Use sections to organize your course. Sections give you control over how you share your content.
How to Add a Section:
- Click on the Contents tab from within your course.
- Click Add Section.
- Add a title.
- Choose a status (Draft, Soon, Free, Paid).
- Click Save.
How to Edit a Section:
- Change the title of your sections by clicking the pencil button.
- Reorder your sections by hovering over the section and using the arrows.
- Delete a section using the bin icon.
- Click and drag using the cross with four arrows to change the order of the learning activities.
Add Learning Activities
Add a learning activity to your course by clicking Add Activity under the Contents tab.
There are a variety of learning activities you can add that are supported by LearnWorlds. Some of these include the following:
- Interactive Video
- Live Meetings (via Zoom or Webex)
- 1:1 Sessions
Tutorial to Connect a Payment Gateway in LearnWorlds
After you have joined a paid membership, you can start receiving payments from students purchasing your courses.
To connect your LearnWorlds school to a payment gateway, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click Financial.
- Select Payment Gateway.
- Choose one or more payment methods. Currently, these payment methods are available:
- Stripe (you can receive payments from Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, Afterpay/Clearpay via Stripe)
- PagSeguro (Brazil)
- Sandbox (this is only for testing purposes)
Tutorial to Add LearnWorlds Integrations
Connect tools to your LearnWorlds school to help improve user experience and increase your efficiency, helping to boost your sales.
LearnWorlds has built-in integrations in a variety of categories, including the following:
- Financial – Includes Stripe, PayPal, Shopify, and others
- Analytics – Includes Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, and others
- Customer Service – Includes Zendesk, Tawk, and others
- Email marketing – Includes ConvertKit, Mailchimp, and others
- Marketing – Includes Make
- Growth tools – Includes SUMO, HubSpot, and others
- Live Sessions – Includes Zoom, Webex, and Calendly
- Video – Includes Vimeo and Wistia
- Social proof – Includes Fomo
- Affiliates – Includes ReferralCandy and Refersion
- Developers – Includes Ath0
If you want to connect with a tool that doesn’t have a built-in integration with LearnWorlds, you can use Zapier to connect it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click Create Course from your LearnWorlds dashboard and follow the steps in the Create Course Wizard. You can add sections and learning activities under the Contents tab.
Yes, LearnWorlds has Webinars, e-books, and the LW Academy to help guide you. There is also excellent customer support if you have any questions.
Yes. LearnWorlds is currently offering a 30-day free trial that can be set up in minutes. Simply enter your email address and school name to start creating your website.
Creating pages and courses is super easy on LearnWorlds and, if you get stuck, they have the incredible LW Academy and a team of experts to help.
LearnWorlds makes creating an online school and earning money simple.
The LearnWorlds help center has lots of helpful videos and step-by-step tutorials available. These will help to guide you through starting, creating a course, building a website and mobile app, selling, reporting, and managing your account.