Teachable allows you to create API keys, allowing you to integrate and connect third-party tools. This gives you the opportunity to use additional features with your school such as adding automation and generating in-depth reports.
- Access data and increase your Teachable school’s functionality with an API key
- The API key is only available on the Pro, Pro+, and Business plans
- You can create API keys from within the settings area of your account
What Can the Teachable API Key Be Used for?
You need the Teachable API key if you want a third-party platform to have access to the data and functionality of your Teachable school. By using the API key, you give the third-party platform permission to integrate and connect with Teachable. This then provides you with more functionality and tools.
The most common use cases for the Teachable API consist of the following:
- Automation: Teachable has little to offer in the way of automated processes. The API key will allow you to connect with other platforms that enable you to add automation: for example, student enrollment and email marketing.
- Data Analysis: If you want more in-depth reporting, you can use the API key to use third-party data tools such as sales tracking, pipeline analysis, and more.
- Custom Apps: The API key can be used with developers who can use it to showcase your Teachable products on custom websites. Any time you update your products, the changes will also be automatically applied to the website.
Presently, you can only access and use the Teachable API key if you are subscribed to the Pro, Pro+, or Business plan. Those on the free or Basic plan cannot use the API key unless they upgrade.
How to Find Your Teachable API Key (Step by Step)
Step 1: Log into your Teachable school and navigate to the settings icon. Then, select “API” from the sub-menu that appears.
In the top-right corner, click on the “Create API Key” button.
Step 2: A pop-up will appear inviting you to give the API key a name. Do this and click “Create.”
Your API key will now be available to copy and use.
How to Revoke a Teachable API Key
If you no longer wish to use an API key, you can easily revoke it by heading to the API tab of your Teachable account.
Find the API key you want to revoke and click on the three dots located to the far right of where it is listed. A “Revoke key” option will appear. Click on this and the key will no longer be usable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Teachable does have an API key feature that allows you to create API keys to use with other platforms. You can find it in the Settings > API section of your Teachable school.
The Teachable API key is used to give third-party platforms permission to use the data and functionality of your Teachable school. This is so you can perform other tasks such as generating reports and data or adding automation processes.