Teachable offers up a number of features to help you build, manage, and sell online courses and learning products.
- Teachable has features to build and sell courses, coaching, and digital downloads
- The platform lacks marketing features
- Features are restricted on the Free and Basic plans
Teachable Course Creation Features
First, let’s take a look at the types of learning products you can create on Teachable:
- Course Builder: This is Teachable’s key feature, and it allows you to create lessons and modules for your courses. Additionally, you can add video, images, text, audio files, PDFs, documents, and custom code to bring your lessons to life.
- Course Quizzes: To help cement learning for your students, the platform has a quiz creation feature. Also, it recently introduced an AI-powered question generator to help you more efficiently build quizzes.
- Course Completion Certificates: To promote a sense of achievement, you can provide course completion certificates to your students.
- Coaching: Create a sales page and intake forms for your coaching services and connect with third-party scheduling and live-streaming tools to run your sessions.
- Digital Downloads: Create a sales page and sell digital download products.
Here’s an overview of what Teachable has and what it lacks in this area:
|AI-Powered Content Generator||✅|
|Native Assignment Builder||❌|
|Native Live Streaming||❌|
|Student Management Tools||✅|
Teachable Sales and Marketing Features
Teachable is notably lacking when it comes to marketing features and doesn’t really provide anything to help you promote your products externally. Here’s what you do get:
- Web Page Builder: Teachable does not have a standalone website builder. Instead, you can create sales pages that are directly attached to the learning product you are selling.
- Teachable:Pay: This is Teachable’s native payment processor and removes the requirement to use third parties such as Stripe or Paypal (though you can use these too).
- Automatic Tax Handling: The platform automatically calculates sales taxes making selling globally a whole lot simpler.
- Coupon Codes, Order Bumps, and Upsells: Provide incentives for customers and students to spend more by adding these to your sales pages.
- Integrated Email Marketing: Unfortunately, the platform lacks external emailing capabilities. You can, however, email your existing students with promotions and offers.
|Standalone Website Builder||❌|
|Sales/Landing Page Builder||✅|
|Automated Marketing Workflows||❌|
|Native Payment Gateway||✅|
|Third-Party Payment Integration||✅|
|Automatic Tax Handling||✅|
Other Teachable Features
To help you manage, maintain, and enhance your Teachable products, you get a number of additional tools to assist you:
- Student Management Tools: Enroll and unenroll students, view purchases and progress reports, and provide receipts and invoices.
- Admin Tools: View course and student analytics, manage payments, and edit and adjust course material as required.
- Help and Support: An extensive Knowledge Base is available, plus email or live chat support, depending on your chosen plan.
- Third-Party Integrations: To enhance your products and experience, you can integrate with third-party tools for marketing, payments, scheduling, live streaming, and more.
|Student Management Tools||✅|
|Direct Student Messaging||❌|
|Payment and Sales Management Tools||✅|
|Live Chat Support||✅|
Teachable Features Per Plan
Here are the Teachable features per plan. Bear in mind that feature limits, such as how many courses you can build, differ per plan also. For a more detailed comparison, check out the Teachable pricing page.
|Student Management Tools||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Live Chat Support||❌||❌||✅||✅|
|Advanced Code Customization||❌||❌||❌||✅|
|Custom User Roles||❌||❌||❌||✅|
Frequently Asked Questions
Teachable has features for you to build, sell, and manage courses, coaching products, and digital downloads. You also get a range of payment features and learning resources.
Teachable features are somewhat basic when compared with similar platforms such as Kajabi, and users may get frustrated with the lack of native tools for things like marketing, live streaming, and scheduling.
You cannot use all Teachable features with the free plan. Some are very restricted, while some are totally unavailable. If you want access to the greatest number of Teachable features, you must upgrade to the Pro or Business plan.