Thinkific does not have any gamification tools or features that you can use at this time.
However, you can add gamification features using a third-party app. This option is available to all Thinkific plan subscribers.
- Thinkific doesn’t have any built-in gamification features
- You’ll need an app or integration for gamification tools
- All Thinkific plans support gamification app integration
What Is Gamification?
Gamification is a way to increase course engagement. Adding game elements encourages members to complete courses quicker and learn information faster.
Why Use Gamification?
Here are five reasons you may want to consider using gamification.
- Increases motivation
- Up-course completion rates
- Learn faster
- Users have more fun
- Enhance learning retention
Gamification on Thinkific
Currently, Thinkific does not provide subscribers with any built-in gamification features or tools.
If you’re looking to add an element of gamification to your course, then the platform recommends that you download one of the apps from Thinkific’s large app store.
Apps for Thinkific Gamification
Now that you understand gamification’s benefits let’s look at three options available in the Thinkific app store.
- Motrain – The app lets users earn virtual coins as rewards after students have completed lessons and courses, enrolled in new courses, and invited friends to join. After the students have collected their coins, they can spend them on merchandise, premium content, or exchange them for discounts.
- Pointagram – The platform lets you create a point system where students gain additional points based on their understanding of the course lessons. This feature introduces an element of competition between learners, ranks them on a leaderboard, let’s them earn progress badges, and see the latest stats.
- Mazetec – The app engages students through role-play lessons and scenarios, and they gamify the experience with countdown clocks, points, and hints. They claim that role-play scenarios give students immediate feedback on their understanding of the material.
Cost of a Thinkific Gamification App
Both Mazetec and Pointagram offer free plans, giving you access to a limited number of features. The paid plans’ prices start at $15 and $69 per month, respectively.
Motrain doesn’t offer a Free plan. You’ll have to subscribe to its lowest-priced option plan, which costs $69 per month.
|Gamification App||Price per month|
Thinkific Gamification App Features
These apps have different features and tools to gamify the learning experience.
Below is a summary of the different gamification features these apps offer:
- Point scoring
- Countdown clocks
- Role-play scenarios
- Decision branch surveys
- Virtual coins
- Merchandise stores
- Discount codes
Thinkific Plans for Gamification
All Thinkific subscription plans have access to the app store for you to download a gamification app. Therefore, the minimum plan required is the Free plan, which costs $0 per month.
If you want to try an app out, you can do it cost-effectively by opting for the Free subscription plan.
|Plan Name||App Store Access||Price per Month|
How to Install a Thinkific Gamification App
For this example, we’re going to install the Mazetec app; however, the process is the same for all gamification app installations.
Here’s the complete step-by-step process of installing Mazetec:
- After you’ve logged into your Thinkific account, select Apps on the left-hand side of the console
- Then click Explore apps. You will be redirected to the app store
- In the search bar, type Mazetec (or whichever gamification app you want to download)
- Select the Mazetec app
- Then click Install
- You’ll be redirected and can preview the permissions, app details, and terms and conditions. After reviewing these, click Accept & install
- Now you’ll be on the app’s site where you can customize the features to implement gamification into your lessons and course
Frequently Asked Questions
The Thinkific platform does not currently have any user gamification features or tools. You’ll have to download a third-party app from the Thinkific app store to get them.
Some popular apps include Motrain, Pointagaram, and Mazetec.
To gamify a course, you’ll need to download a gamification app from the Thinkific app store. After downloading it, you’ll be able to add features such as leaderboards, scoring, warnings, hints, rewards, and virtual courses.