Thinkific’s Performance Checkout is the platform’s upgraded checkout page.
Thinkific’s additional features include a one-page checkout, payment auto-fill, and post-purchase account creation.
- Thinkific’s Performance Checkout is a core feature available on all plans
- For new subscribers, the Performance Checkout is the default checkout
- Setting up the Performance Checkout can be done within a subscriber’s settings
What Is the Thinkific Performance Checkout?
Thinkific has developed a more optimized checkout named the Performance Checkout.
The Performance Checkout is a single-page option instead of a multi-page checkout. Moreover, if customers use Thinkific payments, sellers can add order bumps to the checkout.
Why Use the Thinkific Performance Checkout?
The primary reason Thinkific developed the Performance Checkout was to increase the conversion rate of customers.
In addition to the single-page design, there is a range of other differences:
- Account Creation – Instead of requiring customers to create an account before they checkout, Thinkific has moved the account creation to post-checkout.
- Auto-Population – Previously, each time a student made a purchase, they would have to re-enter their payment information. However, with the Performance Checkout, if they’re a returning customer, the checkout will auto-populate.
- Integrations – The Performance Checkout requires no additional integrations; rather, the customer just checks the box, and it will replace the existing legacy checkout.
How to Set up the Performance Checkout
The Performance Checkout is incredibly easy to set up as no technical knowledge is required.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Thinkific account and navigate to the Dashboard.
- Select Settings, which is on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Choose Performance Checkout under the options.
- Now, click the toggle to activate it.
- Thinkific will automatically save the setting, and a green pop-up will appear to confirm the change.
What Thinkific Plan Do You Need to Use the Performance Checkout?
Thinkific’s Performance Checkout is a core feature available on all subscription plans.
Moreover, new subscribers will not have to adjust any settings since it will be the default option upon sign up.
|Thinkific Subscription Plan||Access to the Performance Checkout?|
|The Free Plan||✅|
|The Basic Plan||✅|
|The Start Plan||✅|
|The Grow Plan||✅|
|The Expand Plan||✅|
|The Plus Plan||✅|
Frequently Asked Questions
To set up the Performance Checkout, users must select Settings from their dashboard > Performance Checkout > Adjust the toggle > Wait for the Save confirmation pop-up. After the confirmation message, the Performance Checkout will be active.
The Performance Checkout is a core feature available on all Thinkific subscription plans. Moreover, it is now the default checkout on the platform, which means that new users will not have to manually set it up.