Do you want to know more about how to build a course on Thinkific? Our team of experts has created this easy-to-follow tutorial so you can build your online course fast. We’ll share some valuable resources, such as how to build your site and price your courses. Keep reading to find out more.
How To Create A Thinkific Course: A Quick 4-Step Tutorial
Create a Thinkific course effortlessly using the quick 4-step process we’ve provided. Get your courses up and running without the hassle by following these short steps. Before you can start creating, you must sign up for Thinkific, which will only take a few seconds. After that, start with the first step below.
Step #1: Create A Course
The first step is to create the course you want to teach your audience. Thinkific is a user-friendly platform, so you won’t struggle to create your courses.
You can get started right away by creating a new course by following these steps below:
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Choose Courses
- Choose + New Course on the top right
- Name your course
After you’ve created your course, you can select templates for your lessons for mini-courses, pre-sell courses, or flagships. Add your content by doing the following:
- Click on Add Chapter
- Name the chapter and save it
- In your chapter, click on Add Lesson
- Select a lesson type
- Name your lesson
- Add your content
We strongly recommend using the free version first to learn about the various features in the course creator.
Step #2: Build Your Site
Now it’s time to customize your site. Since Thinkific is so easy to browse, creating your site can be done in a few quick steps. Take a look at them below.
- Go to Design Your Site
- Select Site Builder
- In the Site Builder menu, select the page you want to design, such as course or landing pages.
- Select the page you want to edit
- Edit your theme settings to add your branding
- Customize the header and footer for your site
Once you finish customizing your home and landing pages, it’s time to customize the site name and URL. Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to Settings
- Under Site Details, you can edit the Site name field
- Save your new site name
- Under Site URL, click the ellipses ⋮ button and select Edit URL
- Edit the My Thinkific URL field
- Save your new URL
Step #3: Price Your Course
Add pricing to your lessons so you can start earning money. If you’d like to offer free courses, you don’t need to fix your course prices because they are free by default on Thinkific.
Before you can set your prices, you must integrate a payment processor on your sites such as PayPal or Stripe. Here’s how to add the payment processor:
- Go to Market & Sell
- Select Integrations
- Under E-commerce, you can integrate with Stripe or PayPal.
Set a price for your course by choosing the following:
- One-time payment
- Payment plan
If you want to set up subscriptions or payment plans, you must integrate Stripe instead of PayPal. What’s more, you’re not limited to one price per course. Through the Pro plan, you can add multiple pricing options so your learners can choose the best one for them.
Step #4: Publish Your Course
Once you finish creating a course, building a site, adding content, and pricing it, it’s time to publish.
- Go to Manage Learning Content
- Select Courses
- Click on the course you want to edit
- Go to the Publish tab
- Under Course publish status, select Published
- Save to publish the course.
Before publishing, double-check your information to ensure everything is accurate. You can also unpublish courses at any time if you want to edit the information on lessons, such as pricing or descriptions.
Thinkific Video Tutorial For Course Creation
Would you prefer to learn how to build your courses through a video tutorial? The Thinkific video tutorial is best for people who have an auditory learning style. By watching the video, you can pause, fast forward, or rewind sections when you need to, so you don’t have to re-read sections to create your Thinkific courses.
Live Thinkific Tutorial
If you’re still not confident in your course creation skills, you may enjoy the live Thinkific webinar tutorials on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The live webinars will teach you about Thinkific features and how to get started. Simply sign up for the Thinkific webinar Demo to join.
Free Thinkific Tutorial Resources
Look at this section to learn how you can get valuable resources to help guide you through Thinkific.
- Free Thinkific Plan – Start a free trial to test the site or choose a Basic, Pro, or Premier plan.
- Thinkific Help Center – visit the FAQs section to assist you with more information about the site.
- Thinkific Training Center – To expand your Thinkific skills, visit the training center. There are two free courses to start with.
- Thinkific Youtube Channel – Visit the Thinkific YouTube channel for the latest news and updates about the site.
Try Out Thinkific Now!
You don’t have to be a professional website builder to create courses on Thinkific. The templates allow you to personalize your home and landing pages effortlessly. Set up course prices with a few easy clicks and sign up for Thinkific training sessions so you can develop a professional site to bring in more learners.
Use the steps in the guide we’ve created so you can start earning money on your courses. You’ll love how feature-rich Thinkific is and how easy it is to use. Get started today so you can earn money with the courses you create.