Unbounce lets you embed forms in your landing pages for customers to fill out. There are two types of builders that can create forms on the platform.
Both builders are core features and therefore are available for all subscription plans.
- You can create forms using the Smart Builder and Classic Builder
- All levels of subscription plans can create forms
- No knowledge of coding is required
What Is the Unbounce Form Feature?
The Unbounce Form feature allows you to add forms to your landing pages.
To add them is very simple, as you can use the drag-and-drop site builder – no technical knowledge is required to set up the forms.
There are two types of form builders:
- Classic Form Builder – This will limit you to one form per landing page. This is because Unbounce believes that landing pages with less content will enhance the customer experience.
- Smart Builder – You can add multiple forms to each landing page using this builder.
There are multiple reasons to use forms:
- Easily Gather Information – By providing your visitors with a form, you can easily collect relevant information about their needs. Alternatively, you’d have to call them or request that they provide this information via email.
- Anonymity – Users can anonymously submit forms, encouraging them to submit honest feedback and suggestions to help you improve.
- Follow-up at Your Convenience – If you’re currently unavailable, you can let the prospect fill out a form with a requested meeting time – this can streamline your process.
Subscription Required to Use Unbounce Forms
The Unbounce Form feature is considered a core feature. Therefore, it is available on all subscription plans.
The platform currently has four subscription tiers:
The main difference between the subscription plans is the number of visitors, conversions, and domains you are permitted.
Types of Creatable Unbounce Forms
Here are four types of popular forms that you can create in Unbounce:
- Contact – Almost all websites have a contact form, which lets customers add their name, email, phone number, and a message to you. These forms can facilitate trust between your customer and brand.
- Lead Generation – If you’re using Unbounce for a lead generation campaign, you can get potential clients to fill out their information before following up with them.
- Price Quote – If you offer standardized services that can easily be quoted, your client can answer a questionnaire to help you understand their needs before you generate a probable cost.
- Feedback – Customers can leave suggestions, comments, and testimonials about your product or service.
How to Create an Unbounce Form
There are two methods to set up a form.
Unbounce Classic Builder
As mentioned before, the Classic Builder allows you to use one form per landing page.
However, there are possible solutions if you want to use the Classic Builder to include more than one form, such as:
- Using anchor links
- Loading a form into a Lightbox or Popup
- Embedding a third-party form
For more information, check out Unbounce’s documentation section.
How to create a form using Classic Builder:
- On your page builder, drag-and-drop the form to the location on the page where you’d like it to appear.
- A new box, Design Your Form, will now appear.
- On the left-hand column, go through and select each option to complete.
- As you’re selecting options, the form will populate on the right-hand side for you to preview.
- To edit the order of the form’s contents, you can use the direction and waste basket icons.
- When you’ve selected an option, it will appear in the center. To customize that option, click on it, and you’ll be able to alter it in the right-hand column.
- To make a form’s field completion a requirement to submit, go to Validate Options, and then check the box labeled Required Field.
When ready, select Done, and your form will now be complete.
Unbounce Smart Builder
If you require more features than are available on the Classic Builder, the Smart Builder may serve your needs.
This native feature allows you to add multiple forms to your page.
How to create a form with Smart Builder:
First, you’ll need to include a form section template on your page.
- From your dashboard, navigate to your landing page (inside the Smart Builder).
- Move your cursor so that it’s over the section above where you’d like to add your form.
- Select the add icon that appears.
- Then, on the popup, click the form.
Now that you’ve added the form section, you’ll need to personalize the design.
- Select the form, and then click the pencil icon at the bottom.
- This opens Design Settings, where you can alter the form’s padding and background color.
- Select the second icon, the Style Guide.
- Adjust the font, size, color, and other style settings to reflect your brand.
- Click Save when you’ve completed this section.
- To further customize the form, select the three dots at the bottom of the form section, and then select Add A Field.
- Alter the required fields to retrieve pertinent information from your site visitors.
- You have the option to make that field a requirement by toggling the switch to On.
- Click Submit when you’re finished.
How to Set Up an Unbounce Form Completion Redirect
Once the site visitor has successfully submitted the form, you can redirect them to another site page, such as your homepage.
To set up a form completion redirect, complete the following steps:
- Go to Unbounce Builder with the page that contains the form.
- Select the form.
- Click on the tab Properties.
- Inside the tab, select the Form Confirmation drop-down menu and click Go To URL.
- Add the redirection URL that will send your user to another page after the form is submitted.
- Click Save. Then, publish or republish this page.
How to Review Unbounce Form Responses
After your visitors have completed the form, you can review their responses.
How to view the data:
- On your Unbounce dashboard, click on the Leads tab.
- Select the lead you’d like to view by clicking on it.
- The complete details will pop up on the right-hand side of the screen for your review.
If you’d like to bulk export the data for review in your chosen spreadsheet software, you can do this by following these steps:
- Navigate to the All Pages screen.
- Select Download Your Leads CSV.
- The download will then be initiated.
If you would rather receive each lead by email:
If you prefer to receive the submitted lead via email, you can enter your email address in the Native Integrations section under the Email Me New Leads section.
This will send you an email after each person has completed the form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can have two forms on your page by using Unbounce’s Smart Builder feature. However, the platform’s Classic Builder does not support two forms on one page; instead, you must use a workaround solution, such as anchor links.
To create a form using the Classic Builder, go to the Page Builder, select the Form feature, and drag it to the location where you’d like it to appear on your page.
Then, go through each customization option that you’d like to utilize.
Finally, you can preview the form as you input information, as it populates and appears in the third column on the right.