GoHighLevel allows you to create, edit, add taxes and discounts, and check the status of unpaid invoices.
GoHighLevel Invoicing Feature
The platform’s invoice builder gives customers key features, which we’ve listed below:
- Create invoices – You can get started making invoices on GoHighLevel straight away.
- Edit invoices – After creating an invoice, you can edit them if you need to change them.
- Add taxes – If you’re billing customers from certain countries or regions requiring taxes, you can add them to each invoice.
- Status – Keep tabs on outstanding invoices, so you know when to send reminders and follow up.
- Invoices are a core feature, available to all subscription plans
- For full invoice feature functionality, you’ll need to use Stripe Connect
How to Create Invoices on GoHighLevel
When you’re ready to bill a client, here’s the step-by-step guide for you to create an invoice:
- Navigate to your GoHighLevel dashboard and select the subaccount you want to bill.
- Select the Payments tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Then, select Invoices from the top of the page and click the green + New button.
- You’ll then be able to edit your invoice to upload your logo, invoice number, issue dates, contact information, and client information.
How to Edit Your Invoice
Now that you’ve created an invoice, you’re ready to personalize it for the specific client.
Here’s how to edit it:
- To edit each section, all you have to do is click on it and enter the details. For example, click on your information, then replace it with the correct details.
- To add your logo, click Select a File and drag and drop it from your desktop.
- Next, you can add the client’s details and change the invoice number and dates by clicking on them.
- To add an invoice item line, select the + Add an Item section, then select the product and price from the drop-down boxes.
- After you’ve added a product, you can also alter the price and quantity purchased – again, click to edit.
How to Add Taxes to Your Invoice
If you’re required to include sales taxes on your invoice, GoHighLevel offers you a chance to add them within the settings.
Here’s how to add taxes:
- From your Payments dashboard, select the Tax Settings tab.
- Then select the green Add Tax button.
- A pop-up will now appear where you’ll need to enter the following details: Name of the Tax, Rate (%), Description, and Tax ID Number.
- Once complete, select the green Add Tax button.
Here’s what it’ll look like if you have entered multiple sales tax options.
How to Add a Discount to Your Invoice
This is a super quick and simple process:
- First, navigate to the invoice you’d like to add a discount to.
- Next, select the Add Discount icon, which is underneath the Subtotal section.
- Use the sliding toggle to set the discount percentage amount, and then click Save.
How to Send an Invoice
Once you’ve completed the invoice creation and edits and you’re ready to send it off, follow these steps:
- First, go to the invoice you’d like to send.
- In the top right-hand corner, click Review and Send.
- A pop-up will appear where you can select the delivery method and payment mode before clicking Send Invoice.
How to Check the Status of Your Invoice
If you’re looking for the current status of your invoice, you can do this by heading to the payments tab and then selecting Invoices.
The columns will show all your invoices created and their current status.
You Might Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
The invoices aren’t automatically generated, but you can create templates and use the edit feature to create them quickly. In addition, you can create recurring invoices for products and services for more advanced users.
Yes, you can set up your tax settings, which allows you to add VAT and sales taxes to all invoices. Then, depending on your customer’s location, you can change the taxes you charge.