As you search for the optimal all-in-one marketing platform, you may find yourself wondering how Kajabi compares to ActiveCampaign.
Kajabi is a platform that allows you to build, market, and sell your online courses. On the other hand, ActiveCampaign provides marketing automation and CRM tools so you can provide an excellent customer experience.
Read our comparison review below so you can decide which platform is most suitable for your online business.
Kajabi is a web-based software that allows you to create, host, market, and sell digital products. With Kajabi, you can monetize online courses or create theme-based landing pages and create compelling websites.
There is no need for coding experience because Kajabi uses drag-and-drop tools.
Kajabi is affordable with a price range of $149 to $399 per month or the equivalent of $119 to $319 per month if billed annually.
ActiveCampaign is a cloud-based software designed for small to mid-sized businesses.
This software platform offers essential marketing, sales, and support processes for your online business. It also provides CRM tools and allows you to create e-mail marketing campaigns to boost your sales.
Monthly pricing plans start from $30/month, with a discount for an annual subscription and an ongoing 25% discount on your first three months.
|Free Trial||Yes, 14 days.||Yes, 14 days.|
|Pricing Range||Basic – $149/month or the equivalent of $119/month billed annually
Growth – $199/month or the equivalent of $159/month billed annually
Pro – $399/month or the equivalent of $319/month billed annually
|Lite – $30/month or the equivalent of $21.75 if billed annually*
Plus – $70/month or the equivalent of $49 billed annually*
Professional – $187/month or the equivalent of $149 billed annually*
Enterprise – $323/month or $258 billed annually*
* There is a limited-time additional discount of 25% on your first three months.
|Best For||Kajabi is for anyone who wants to create and monetize their online courses||Ideal for online businesses to create marketing campaigns and connect with users through CRM tools
|User Interface Features
Built-in e-mail templates
Landing page creator
Advanced segmentation and marketing
|Marketing Options||Third-party ads
Writing and selling e-books
|Online Courses||Live streams
Online discussion board
Online course integrations
|Customer Support & Training
Kajabi and ActiveCampaign are two completely different platforms.
ActiveCampaign is designed for marketing campaigns, whereas Kajabi is used to sell online courses.
However, both platforms have similar features, such as e-mail marketing and automation solutions.
On the other hand, you can’t create courses with ActiveCampaign.
Still, you can integrate the platform onto a site that does allow you to create online courses. In addition, Kajabi already has built-in marketing tools, so everything you need to build and sell courses is on one platform.
The two platforms do have some similar benefits, such as:
- Drag-and-drop tools, so you don’t need coding experience
- Support centers and live chats
- Video tutorials on how to use the platforms
- Templates for e-mails or landing pages
- 14 day free trials
Kajabi vs. ActiveCampaign: Pricing Comparison
To choose the right platform for your online business, you should compare pricing and the features you get with each plan. Take a look at the pricing plans for Kajabi and ActiveCampaign below.
- Basic Plan ($149 or $119 per month if paid annually) – Includes three products and three Pipelines as well as unlimited landing pages and ready-to-use templates. Unfortunately, this plan doesn’t allow you to remove Kajabi branding or offer affiliate programs.
- Growth Plan ($199 or $159 per month if paid annually) includes 15 products and 15 pipelines, ten admin users, and advanced automations. This plan doesn’t have a code editor.
- Pro Plan ($399 or $319 per month if paid annually) includes 100 products and 100 pipelines, and 25 admin users. With this plan, you have all the benefits from the Basic and Growth plan, and you get a code editor feature.
- Lite Plan ($30/month or the equivalent of $21.75 if billed annually) – Includes features such as 125+ e-mail templates, customer analytics, and up to three users. However, this plan doesn’t include landing pages, build-in CRM, or sales automation.
- Plus Plan ($70/month or the equivalent of $49 billed annually*) – Includes marketing automation, landing pages, and up to 25 users. The plan doesn’t include split automations, site messages, or web personalization.
- Professional Plan ($187/month or the equivalent of $149 billed annually*) – This plan includes sales automation, built-in CRM, and 50 users. It doesn’t offer HIPAA Compliance or a customized e-mail server domain.
- Enterprise Plan ($323/month or $258 billed annually*) The plan includes all the features of the Lite, Plus, and Professional plans. However, it also includes all other features, such as HIPAA Compliance and a customized SMS number.
Although Kajabi’s plans are a little pricier than ActiveCampaign, Kajabi has marketing features such as automation and e-mail marketing and course and website builders on the platform.
However, ActiveCampaign has even more marketing and sales features that go beyond Kajabi’s capabilities.
Kajabi vs. ActiveCampaign: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Pricing is critical for any platform you buy, but the features are the deciding factor. In this next section, we’ve compared Kajabi and ActiveCampaign’s features to help you choose the best platform for your online business.
Sales & Marketing Features
As a course creator, you will need a site that offers marketing features to boost your sales. Fortunately, both Kajabi and ActiveCampaign offer e-mail marketing and affiliate marketing. Kajabi also has a sales funnel component for making various automated funnels.
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- ActiveCampaign’s marketing features are better because it simply has more marketing features, such as SMS subscriptions, and it has a CRM tool. Both platforms can perform well with marketing campaigns, but ActiveCampaign’s design aims explicitly at creating marketing content. If you want the best of both worlds, you can integrate ActiveCampaign into Kajabi.
Memberships & Online Course Features
If you want to create online courses and sell them through a customized website, then Kajabi is the platform for you. Notably, ActiveCampaign doesn’t allow you to create online courses. However, ActiveCampaign can work as an integration with other course-building platforms.
Which Platform Offers Better Membership and Course Features?
- Kajabi is the clear winner in this section because it allows you to create courses, quizzes, and exclusive member sites with gated content. In addition, you can create many member sites and include different offers on each.
Analytics & Reporting Features
ActiveCampaign has a social data feature that you can use to gather more information on your subscribers.
It also has a tracking feature that connects your sales and marketing to site activity.
On the other hand, Kajabi has an analytics feature to track net revenue, page views, and subscription metrics.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics and Reporting Features?
- Kajabi’s analytics and reporting features are better because they allow you to track more than one data type. For example, the analytics feature shows you opt-ins, offers that you’ve sold, and data on your subscribers.
Customization & Page Building Features
With Kajabi, you can customize your website, and there are landing page templates that you can customize. Depending on the plan you choose, you can also remove Kajabi branding. In addition, ActiveCampaign has over 125 customizable e-mail marketing templates.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization & Page Building Features?
- There is no clear winner here. Both platforms allow you to build and design landing pages. Additionally, both platforms have drag-and-drop features to make the customization process more manageable.
Customer Support & Training
Both Kajabi and ActiveCampaign have training videos that teach you how to use these platforms. Both also have live chat support if you need emergency assistance.
On the other hand, Kajabi has a help center as well as an FAQ section. ActiveCampaign has a support center to assist users.
Which Platform Offers Better Customer Support & Training?
- There is no clear winner here. Kajabi and ActiveCampaign provide excellent training material and customer support. Each offers video content to teach you how to use the platform. In addition, customer support is quick to respond on both.
- Choose Kajabi if: You want to build a customizable website and courses to market and sell online. You can also use Kajabi to create compelling landing pages to boost your sales and subscriptions. It also has e-mail marketing and sales features.
- Choose ActiveCampaign if: You want to build a strong e-mail marketing campaign and send out customizable SMS messages to subscribers. This platform is also suitable for making meaningful connections with customers because it has excellent CRM tools.
ActiveCampaign and Kajabi are pretty different from each other, but they do have some similar elements.
You’ll likely want Kajabi as your primary tool if you’re a course creator because it’s an all-in-one platform with marketing and course-building features.
ActiveCampaign doesn’t have built-in course building features, but it can still be integrated into course building sites like Kajabi.