If you want to add a blog to an existing website or sales funnel, you can do so directly from the GoHighLevel platform.
The feature allows you to create and edit unlimited blog posts and publish them on a web page of your choice.
- You have two options
- You can either create a blog on GoHighLevel or use a direct WordPress integration
- You can Integrate GoHighLevel with WordPress for $10/month per site
How to Set Up a New Blog Post on GoHighLevel
To get started with a GoHighLevel blog post, head to the left-hand menu and select Sites. Then, from the choices at the top of the screen, you will find Blogs. Select this and click on Create New Blog Post.
Next, you will get a pop-up screen asking you to input the title of your blog post and a short description plus an image.
The title, description, and image will be used for the SEO meta tag, so give some careful thought when adding this information. This means that when you send the URL to someone, they will see the image as the thumbnail along with the title, plus you will rank on search results pages.
You are able to go back to this information and change it whenever you like, so don’t worry if you don’t get it spot on the first time.
Adding Content to the Blog Post
When you have completed the title info, hit Create Post, and you’ll be taken to the content editing screen.
This looks much like a standard word processing tool, such as Google Docs, and works similarly. You can add titles, change the font, colors and alignment, add images and hyperlinks, etc.
Preview the Blog Post
Clicking on the three dots at the top of the screen gives you a few options, one of which is to preview the blog post and see how it will look on different device screens.
This is useful, especially if you have a complicated layout or lots of images for your blog post. You can see exactly how it will appear, allowing you to fine-tune the layout before publishing.
Restore Previous Versions
If you’ve edited and then saved a blog post but have decided you like the previous version better, you can always go back to a previously saved version.
All you need to do is click on the three dots at the top of the screen and select See Version History. This will show you all the previously saved versions of the blog post. Then, select the version you want, click on it, and you’ll be able to access and edit it as normal.
Add an Author, Category, and Keywords to the Blog Post
When you’re happy with the blog post’s layout and its content, click on the blue “Publish” button in the top right corner of the screen.
Now it will ask you to input important information:
- URL slug: This shows you what the URL path of the blog post will be. It takes the title of the post and adds it to the website URL. You are able to change this.
- Category: Here, you can attach the blog post to a specific category to make it easier to find. For example, if you are writing a food blog, you can create categories such as “recipes, “essential ingredients,” “world food,” etc.
- Keywords: Add keywords related to the page title to help you rank higher in searches.
- Author: You can create author pages with a bio and image. Once these have been configured and a blog post is written, you just click and add the relevant author.
How to Publish the Blog Post
When you’re ready to publish your blog post, hit the Publish button. A date box will appear. This isn’t to schedule a post but serves to add the true date on when the post was written. So, if you have several posts that you wrote a couple of weeks ago, you can backdate them for whenever you want.
When you’re happy with the date, hit Save and you’ll be taken to the blog home screen.
Even though the blog post is now published, you can still make edits. If you click on the Actions tab, you’ll get a dropdown list of options. Here you can:
- Update post: Make edits and changes to the content. You can also unpublish the post and move it back to drafts.
- Duplicate post: Create a duplicate of the published post to work on. This is handy if you want to use the layout as a template
- Change blog post SEO details: Update the title, meta description, keywords, etc.
- Archive: Move the post into your archive.
- Delete: Delete the post from the live URL and from the GoHighLevel platform.
How to Create a Blog Page Within a Website or Sales Funnel
To add a blog page, you already need a website or sales funnel set up. Once you have this page or funnel ready, go into the page editor and add a page. An easy way to do this is to duplicate an existing page and edit it.
Now all you need to do is drag and drop the blog element onto the page. You can choose from a standard or compact layout and choose how many blog post titles are listed on the page.
When you’re satisfied with the layout, hit Save and the blog posts will appear on the page.
How to Add the Blog Page to the Website Menu
So that visitors can easily find your blog, you should add the page to the navigation menu.
While in the editing tool, click on the navigation menu to open the edit menu and select to add a new item. Name the page “Blog” or something similar, add the URL, and click Save. You’re done!
Integrate With WordPress
If you prefer to use WordPress for your blogging, GoHighLevel has direct integration with the WordPress platform.
When you have purchased the feature, you can click the + Create WordPress button, complete the required details, and wait for the installation to take place.
When the installation is complete, you will have access to the WordPress dashboard, which allows you to manage all your WordPress domains.
You Might Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can create blog posts on GoHighLevel and publish them to existing websites and sales funnels.
You do not require a third-party app to publish blog posts on GoHighLevel. You can create and publish them directly using the GoHighLevel platform.