Quizzes and Assessments are helpful tools in Kajabi.
They can be used to increase student engagement and help course creators gauge student performance and better understand an audience’s needs.
- Quizzes can be included as part of a course to test your student’s knowledge
- Students can be asked to complete assessments to check their understanding of a subject before moving to the next section of a course
- Assessments can also be used on a website or landing page to gain feedback from potential customers to better understand their needs and interests
What Is the Difference Between a Kajabi Quiz and Assessment?
A Kajabi quiz is designed to include specific questions (often in a multiple-choice format) to test a student’s knowledge.
Quizzes will relate to a certain subject or section of a course and are included within the product. The quiz feature in Kajabi allows learners to upload files and photographs if needed as part of their answer for you to review.
You can also use the information to make improvements to your course.
For instance, if the majority of your students are getting a specific question wrong, it could mean that the answer is not clear in your content.
Assessments will often include more wide-ranging questions when used as part of a course.
They are also used to help understand what customers want to learn and their general knowledge regarding a topic.
Assessments can enable you to tailor the content you share and offer relevant products.
What Are the Benefits of Using Assessments and Quizzes in Kajabi?
Customers will give you a lot of information when they complete surveys, quizzes, and assessments. Using this information, you can tailor the offers you provide.
Creating personalized offers means targeting potential customers with the things that really interest them, giving you a higher chance of making a sale.
The details provided in assessments can be a great marketing tool.
You can use the information to understand which products your audience enjoyed and which they may have been less enthusiastic about.
Potentially, the information provided could be used in your marketing strategy and SEO.
Gain Feedback on Quizzes
When a customer completes a quiz in Kajabi, it will be within their course.
The information they provide in the quiz will show you what they have understood and learned.
You can use this information to alter the content you provide if required, and also provide them with feedback as part of their learning journey.
Where required, both quizzes and assessments on Kajabi have the option of allowing users to upload files.
Receiving files can be an excellent tool for assignments, more long-form answers, providing photos, or any other files.
What is an Assessment in Kajabi?
Assessments are another useful tool for gauging a student’s knowledge as they progress through a course, but they can also be used on a website or landing page to obtain general feedback from site visitors with ‘open’ questions that allow for a range of answers.
When used as part of a course product, answers and a pass mark can be automatically set. After submitting their answers, a student will immediately receive the results.
Once a potential customer completes an assessment when used on a landing page or website, Kajabi will automatically prompt the visitor to subscribe to your email list.
How to Create an Assessment in Kajabi
1. Create Assessment
- Click on the People tab from the main screen and select Assessments
- Select New Assessment from the top right corner
- Add a title and description to suit the assessment
- Choose whether you want the assessment graded, and click Save
If you do not choose to have your assessments graded, you will only see who has completed the assessment.
Everyone that finishes your assessment will show a 100% and pass.
2. Customize Assessment
- Once you have clicked Save, you will see the backend page of your assessment. You can customize the following sections:
- Title – Edit the title you added in Step 3
- Description – Update the description from Step 3
- After Submission – After the submission of an assessment, you can send an email to the customer or anyone in your team with the customer’s results.
- Passing Grade – If you have chosen to have your assessment marked, you can edit the grade you added.
- Results Breakdown Preference – This page will show how your customer sees the grade they achieved after completing the assessment. You can edit it to display if they passed or failed, the questions they got wrong or right, and the correct answers.
- Language – Edit the text which shows when the customer interacts with the assessment. Add emphasis with bold, italics, and underlines, and add hyperlinks to the text. You can change the Start Text, Passed Text, and Failed Text.
- Automations – After the assessment is complete, add an automation. It will trigger a ‘When’. You can add a variety of actions for the ‘Then’, including:
- Adding or removing a tag
- Granting or revoking an offer
- Subscribing or unsubscribing from an email
- Registering or deregistering for an event
- Sending an email
- Sending a coupon
- Once happy with your customizations, click Save.
3. Add Questions
- Click Edit Questions from the top of the assessment page to access the question assessment editor
- Select Add Question
- Choose the type of question you need to add from the following:
- Multiple Choice – This option lets you add your question and write as many answers as required. Kajabi will assign letters to each answer option, such as A, B, C, etc. You can choose which is the correct one. With multiple choice, only one answer is correct.
- Paragraph – This is a free space to type the answer to the question. Kajabi cannot grade these answers. If you choose to have the assessment graded, you will have to review these questions manually.
- File Upload – This section allows your customer to upload a file. Uploads are great if students need to attach photographs or documents. Like the paragraph option, there is no way for Kajabi to know the correct answer, so it will need marking manually.
- Multiple Selection – Multiple selection looks the same as multiple choice. Kajabi allows you to add many answers, but, with multiple selections, visitors can select multiple answers and you can assign multiple answers to be correct.
- Section – This is not a question to be answered. It is a divider between questions that you can customize. This allows you to change the theme of the assessment.
- When satisfied with the questions you have added, click Save.
4. Share Assessment
- There are two ways to share the assessment.
- Click the preview button in the top left corner, next to your assessment title from the Edit Questions page
- Copy the URL. The URL will take the customer directly to the assessment
- Share the URL
- Find the page you want to add the assessment to
- Click Add Section from the left sidebar
- Choose the Assessment option
- Locate the assessment from the dropdown menu
- Locate the product to which you want to add the assessment
- Choose the post you want to add it to
- Under Media, select Assessment
- Select the Assessment from the dropdown menu
How Do I View Assessment Results on Kajabi?
You can easily view and export your assessment results on Kajabi.
Automatically Graded Assessments – If your assessment is set to automatically graded, Kajabi will show the percentage and pass/fail on the first page. This only represents the multiple choice and multiple selection questions. The paragraph and upload questions will not be graded; you will need to click to view or export the results to view the answers.
Not Automatically Graded Assessments – The results of not automatically graded assessments will show as passed once the customer completes the course. It will also show the percentage as 100% if the assessment is completed. You can click to view the answers each customer gave using the Eye button or export the results.
How Do I Find the Results of an Assessment?
- Open the People tab from the left-hand sidebar
- Select the assessment you want to view the results of
- Click View Results, located underneath the title
- View the responses by clicking on each email
- Alternatively, you can export the results by clicking the Export button
- The exported results will be sent to the registered email address on your Kajabi account
Can I Delete a Kajabi Assessment?
If you no longer need the assessment you created, you can easily delete it by following these steps:
- Click on the People tab from the main screen
- Select Assessments
- Open the assessment you want to delete
- Along the top bar, there will be four options. Click More Actions
- From the dropdown bar, select Delete
This will delete the assessment from Kajabi.
What is a Quiz in Kajabi?
Kajabi quizzes are a set of questions put to a student within a product or course.
Those completing the quiz are existing customers who have purchased the product or course and you will be able to discover what they have learned and understood.
Once the customer completes the quiz, you can choose whether it is automatically graded or if you want to mark it yourself.
How to Create a Quiz in Kajabi
1. Create the Quiz
- Open the Products tab and select the product you want to add the quiz to
- Select the module to which you want the quiz added
- Click Add Content
- Choose Quiz from the dropdown menu
2. Customize the Quiz
- Click Settings underneath the title of the quiz. This will allow you to edit the backend of the quiz. You can customize the following settings:
- Title – Add a relevant title for your quiz.
- Description – Add a description that best describes your quiz.
- Upload Image – This image will be associated with the quiz. It will appear on the thumbnail of your product.
- Set Passing Grade – If you choose to have your questions graded, you must set a passing grade percentage.
- Automatically Publish Quiz – If you choose to have this option turned on, it will automatically reveal the answers and let the student know if they passed or failed, how many questions were right and wrong, and the correct answers to those answered incorrectly.
- Send Publish Email – Send an email to the quiz taker with their score once the quiz is complete, graded, and published.
- After Submission Emails – Once the customer has completed the quiz. You can send a completion email with the results and choose if you want to send an email to someone in your team with the results.
- Automation – When a quiz is complete, use the Then dropdown to select an automation. Choose from the following automation:
- Add or remove a tag
- Grant or revoke an offer
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from an email
- Register or deregister for an event
- Send an email
- Send a coupon
- Click Save.
3. Add the Questions
- Click on the Questions tab underneath the title.
- Choose the question to add. There are four types of questions:
- Multiple Choice – You can add your question and as many options as you would like for multiple choice answers. Only one answer can be correct. This quiz option shows the choices in bubbles.
- Checkboxes – Like multiple choice, you can add various answers to your question. The answers will display as small checkboxes. The user can select as many answers as they feel apply to the question. Multiple answers can be correct.
- Short Answer – This is a free text box where the customer taking the quiz can complete and type in the answer.
- File Upload – Users can upload files as answers. Customers can submit documents, pdfs, photographs, spreadsheets, or anything relevant to the answer.
- Fill in your question, provide the answer, and add any photographs.
- Click Add Questions to add further questions.
- Continue to add as many questions as required.
- Once you have added all your questions, scroll to the top of the screen and click Save.
How Do I Reorder, Duplicate, Tag Responses, Edit, or Delete Quiz Questions on Kajabi?
- Locate the question within the quiz
- Click on the question block and all of the fields will appear
- Edit: Add, change or remove any information you need in the question.
How to edit: Click in the box and update the details.
- Duplicate: Copy the question. Duplicating questions is useful if you want to use the same format for the next question.
How To Duplicate: Click the … in the top right corner and select Duplicate
- Tag Responses: Choose to add a tag depending on the answers your customers give.
How To Tag Responses: Click the … in the top right corner and select Tag Responses.
- Delete: Delete the question from the quiz.
How To Delete: Click the … in the top right corner and select Delete Question.
- Reorder: Organize the order of the questions
How To Reorder: Hover the mouse over the dots in the center at the top of your question. Click and drag the question into the correct position.
How Do I View Quiz Results on Kajabi?
The settings you choose for grading during setup will depend on how your customer sees their results and whether you need to grade each quiz manually.
- Open the quiz
- Select Results, located underneath the title
Option 1 – No Toggles On
If you don’t toggle on grading settings, your customer will not receive an instant score, and there is no automatic grading. You will need to mark the quiz manually.
Option 2 – Passing Grade On
The student won’t be able to see which questions they got right or wrong or whether they passed. As the quiz creator, you can see the quiz grade under the Results tab. You will need to manually grade and publish the quiz for students to receive their results.
Option 3 – All Settings On
All settings toggled on is the fully automated option. The quiz taker will be able to see which questions they answered correctly and incorrectly, and their score percentage as soon as they finish the quiz. The completed quiz will show for the creator as graded in the Results tab.
|No Toggles On
|Passing Grade On
|All Settings On
|Student – Visible Score Percent
|Student – Visible Correct/Incorrect Answers
|Creator – Visible Score Percent
|Creator – Visible Correct/Incorrect Answers
How Do I Grade a Quiz on Kajabi?
If you have opted to mark your quizzes manually or have Paragraph or File Upload questions, you need to open the quizzes and grade them.
- Find the quiz you want to grade
- Click the quiz title
- Select Results from the top menu
- Find the quiz taker you want to grade
- Click Grade Quiz
- Grade the answers.
- How To Mark an Answer as Correct
Select the Tick icon underneath the question
- How To Mark an Answer as Incorrect
Select the X icon underneath the question
There is a feedback box under each question on the left side. Giving students feedback on individual questions can help them understand their mistakes or add a positive note of encouragement.
- Add Comments
Comments are used similarly to feedback, but they cover the entire quiz.
- After grading the quiz, click Publish Grade in the top right corner to send the results to your customer.
Can I Delete a Kajabi Quiz?
Yes, there are two ways to delete the quiz. Option one is from the course outline and the second is from the quiz creator page.
- Locate the course product that contains the quiz
- Hover over the quiz title
- Click the arrow at the side of the Draft/Published button
- Select Delete Quiz
- Click the quiz title
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and click Delete Quiz
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, quizzes are available within products and courses on Kajabi to test your students’ knowledge.
Assessments are easy to create and personalize on Kajabi. Use the steps above to set up your first assessment.
A quiz is inside a product or course and is only completed by those who have the course to evaluate what they have learned. An assessment is on a page and is used to gain knowledge regarding its visitors.
Yes, quizzes in Kajabi have an upload file option. Using the upload file is ideal for students to upload assignments.
Yes, use a quiz or assessment to survey your customers.