ThriveCart does not have a free trial; however, it does have a “Pay-for-Itself” guarantee, meaning customers can use the platform risk-free for 30 days.
To claim this risk-free trial, prospective customers must purchase a lifetime account and then contact ThriveCart during the first 30 days to have their purchase refunded.
- Customers must purchase and pay for a ThriveCart account
- To claim a refund, email the platform by submitting a form or emailing email@example.com
- Two accounts are eligible: ThriveCart Lifetime Account, $495; Pro Upgrade (add-on), $195
Does ThriveCart Have a Free Trial?
ThriveCart does not have a free trial, but they do have a free trial alternative: a “Pay-for-Itself” guarantee.
After a new user has purchased and paid for an account, they have 30 days to test the platform.
If, after trialing the platform for 30 days, they cannot generate enough sales to pay for the account, they can request a refund.
ThriveCart Free Trial Alternative
Because ThriveCart doesn’t have a free trial per se, prospective customers must first purchase a plan.
There are two ThriveCart plans, which are both eligible for this offer:
- ThriveCart Lifetime Account – $495 (one-time fee)
- Pro Upgrade (add-on) – $195 (one-time fee)
Besides lifetime access, ThriveCart has a special offer with significant discounts on each plan.
How to Claim a ThriveCart Free Trial Alternative
There are two parts to claiming the free trial alternative: purchasing a ThriveCart account and contacting the platform for a money-back guarantee.
How to Sign Up to a ThriveCart Free Trial Alternative
Here are the steps for purchasing your ThriveCart account:
- Navigate to this page.
- Select “GET MY LIFETIME ACCOUNT NOW!”
- You’ll now be redirected and prompted to select a ThriveCart plan. You’ll need to check the box for the lifetime account you want to purchase here.
- Now, select “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- You’ll now need to submit your contact and payment information and click “ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT.”
How to Request a ThriveCart Refund
The second part of this tutorial is claiming a refund:
- On ThriveCart’s homepage, select “Support.”
- Select “Contact Support.”
- You’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the page to submit a ticket. Be sure to enter all the key details so they can identify your account, including name, email, order number, date of order, and request for a refund.
Reasons to Get a ThriveCart Free Trial Alternative
To help you understand if getting a ThriveCart free trial alternative is right for you, we’ve curated a few popular reasons customers trial the platform:
- Risk-Free – For companies unsure if the platform is right for their business, getting a free trial alternative allows them to test ThriveCart without commitment.
- Pro Account – Prospective customers may want to test the Pro Upgrade’s additional tools. They can then decide within 30 days if they require the upgraded version.
- Integrations – Most ThriveCart users must integrate it into their existing website or connect it to other hosting and delivery platforms. Customers can see if ThriveCart works with their current tech stack by getting a free trial alternative.
Although ThriveCart doesn’t have a free trial, the alternative money-back guarantee is a great way for prospective customers to use the platform risk-free.
Moreover, they can consider purchasing the Pro Upgrade to test the full suite of features and tools.
Lastly, we recommend that new customers set a 30-day calendar reminder to evaluate whether the platform is the best solution for their business before the money-back guarantee expires.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, ThriveCart does not have a free plan. The platform’s entry-level offering is its Lifetime Account, which costs $495.
ThriveCart does not disclose why they don’t offer a free trial. However, the likely reason is that they sell platform access on a lifetime basis, not a monthly subscription, meaning they prefer upfront payment.