Kajabi was designed with digital products in mind.
Shopify is an excellent platform for selling physical products but has some issues with selling digital ones.
By integrating the two platforms, you can get the best of both worlds.
Why Would You Want to Integrate Kajabi and Shopify?
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce software solutions out there and has a lot of great features to simplify the shopping process. Shopify offers a secure and customizable storefront for selling your goods. There are a lot of good reasons to consider integrating Kajabi and Shopify. Here are just a few:
- Third-party checkout platform – Kajabi has Stripe payment functionality built-in. However, Stripe is not available in all regions. Shopify has a lot of payment gateways and is a highly versatile third-party payment processor.
- Create digital/physical bundles – You can configure Shopify to automatically ship a physical good when someone makes a digital purchase on Kajabi. For instance, you could send a copy of your book whenever someone buys one of your courses.
- Mixed digital/physical catalogs – Using Shopify, you can combine your digital and physical shopping lists to sell everything in one place, accessible from your website. This consolidation is a fantastic feature if you have a wide variety of products.
- Capture leads for Kajabi through Shopify with forms – By integrating the two, you can use Shopify to generate leads for your Kajabi email list. When someone purchases a physical product from you through Shopify, you can prompt them with an opt-in form for your Kajabi mailing list. There are lots of ways you can coordinate the two to capture leads and build your email list.
To integrate Kajabi and Shopify, you must first have a separate Kajabi account and Shopify account. There is no way to connect the two unless you have an account for both services.
How Do You Integrate Kajabi and Shopify?
There are a few ways to set up a Kajabi-Shopify integration. We took the time to prepare this guide covering the basics of each integration method.
Some methods are more straightforward than others, but none require too much technical know-how or programming skill.
- Buy Buttons – The first option is to create a “buy button” on your Kajabi site, a simple button that lets someone order directly from your Shopify list. You can create a buy button on your Shopify page. You can add the product or products to this button. Once you make the buy button, you should receive an embed code. Paste the code in Kajabi, and your integration is complete.
- Direct Integration (Webhook URL) – Another method is a “webhook”—a special piece of code that lets the two platforms ‘talk’ to each other. You can use either inbound or outbound hooks to trigger actions between Kajabi and Shopify. You can use webhooks to sell products on one platform through another.
- Zapier Integration – You can also use Zapier to integrate the two. Zapier uses simple trigger/action commands so you can connect the two without using any code. That is the best part of the Zapier integration: it takes about five minutes and a few clicks.
- Stargate365 Integration – Stargate365 is another app that can integrate the two platforms. Stargate365 uses a similar trigger/action command as Zapier, and you can also set it up in a few minutes.
- Automate.io Integration – Lastly is the Automote.io integration. This integration is still in development and is not ready yet. But when complete, it will let you integrate Shopify and Kajabi with just a few clicks. You will be able to update customers using forms on Kajabi and order things from Shopify on Kajabi.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms and for a good reason. Shopify is an excellent solution if you want to sell physical products on your Kajabi site. Shopify opens up a bunch of opportunities for your online business.