Does ClickFunnels 2.0 Have API Access?
Technically, yes, ClickFunnels 2.0 has API access. However, the only API access currently available is the ability to add tracking codes.
What’s the Difference between API and Tracking Codes on ClickFunnels 2.0?
- API – Application Programming Interface (API) is the communication between software or tools. It allows them to work together and deliver data and information.
- Tracking Codes – A tracking code is a small piece of code that allows you to view and analyze the visitors and users of a website.
As tracking codes share data and communicate, it is considered an API.
For example, you can add a Google Analytics tracking code to your ClickFunnels 2.0 account. This will collect information about how a user interacts with a page.
There is no other API access available yet, so you can’t natively integrate ClickFunnels 2.0 with other software or tools.
ClickFunnel 2.0 is presently working on a third-party app store for integrations. Hopefully, this will be live soon. Keep this article bookmarked, and we will update it as soon as it launches.
Until ClickFunnels 2.0 launches the third-party app store, you can use webhooks. Use webhooks to connect third-party apps to ClickFunnels 2.0 using Zapier.
How to Add a Tracking Code to ClickFunnels 2.0
- Click on Sites and Funnels.
- Select Overview.
- Click the Edit icon in the right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to Tracking Codes.
- Enter your Head and Footer Code.
- Click Update Site.
Which Plan Do I Need for ClickFunnels 2.0 API Access?
API access is only available on the Pro and Funnel Hacker plans.
Webhooks are available on all plans.
How Do I Use a Webhook on ClickFunnels 2.0 with Zapier?
In order to use webhooks with Zapier, you will need a premium paid Zapier account.
- Open your Zapier account.
- Click to add a new zap.
- Select Webhook.
- For the event, select Catch Hook.
- Click Continue.
- Fill in the text box if you want to filter the data. If you want to receive all of the data, click Continue.
- Copy your webhook URL.
- Open your ClickFunnels 2.0 account.
- Click Settings and select Webhooks.
- Click Add New Endpoint.
- Name your endpoint and paste the URL from the zap.
- Select which event type will trigger the zap.
- Click Create Endpoint.
- Test the webhook.
- Once the test is complete, go back to the zap on Zapier and click Test Trigger.
- Click Continue on Zapier.
- Configure your action.
Frequently Asked Questions
The only API access ClickFunnels 2.0 has is for tracking codes.
They are working on a third-party app store, but until that is launched, you can use Zapier to connect ClickFunnels 2.0 and other tools.