With the countless e-commerce and online marketing solutions available, finding the best one can be quite tricky.
Two top choices to consider for your business’ growth are ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign. ClickFunnels is an online sales funnel that converts prospects into clients. While ActiveCampaign focuses on marketing automation and CRM.
In this comparison review, we’ll take a closer look at how ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign compare to one another.
Founded in 2014 and based in Idaho, ClickFunnels is an online marketing and sales platform.
To build and launch your sales and marketing funnels, ClickFunnels provides all elements to make the campaign a reality.
ClickFunnels allows users to customize marketing campaigns to generate leads and sales or run an online webinar. A simple and user-friendly software service for e-commerce and businesses of all sizes.
Focused on the growth of your business through customer satisfaction, ActiveCampaign gives users a high-quality experience through an all-in-one CXA (Customer Experience Automation).
Businesses of all sizes get access to more than 500 automations, including customizable email and social media marketing, CRM, and other marketing automation.
ActiveCampaign is masters at tracking the buyer’s behavior and preferences to improve the customer experience.
ClickFunnels vs. ActiveCampaign at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 14 days||Yes, 14 days|
|Pricing Range (Monthly)||ClickFunnels: $97 per month
ClickFunnels Platinum: $297 per month
TwoCommaClubX: $2,497 per month
|Lite: $9 – $405 per month
Plus: $49 – $319 per month
Professional: $129 – $479 per month
Enterprise: $229 – $399 per month
|Best For||Best for e-commerce businesses. To turn leads into paying customers.||Best for small, medium, and enterprise-sized businesses. To improve customer service and care through e-mail marketing.|
Padding and Color Adjustment
|Most Notable Features||One-click upsells
Quiz and Survey creation
14-day free trial
Web analytics and basic reporting
14-day free trial
Side-by-side, ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign have a few significant differences.
The first major difference is the pricing. Although both services provide a free 14-day trial, ActiveCampaign is much cheaper than ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels has more customizable page building options than ActiveCampaign and is more focused on driving new traffic than retaining existing customers.
ActiveCampaign wins the competition as an email marketing system to ensure customer satisfaction, retention, and return.
ClickFunnels wins a full-featured, end-to-end sales funnel and page builder. Your needs will determine which is more appropriate.
ClickFunnels vs. ActiveCampaign: Pricing Comparison
All businesses should consider their available budget when signing up for a sales funnel and marketing plan. Let’s take a closer look at all fees associated with the individual planning options.
ClickFunnels has three main plans:
This basic plan costs $97 per month and includes 20 funnels, 100 pages, and one sub-user. It also offers three domains and three payment gateways. It excludes some features included in the Platinum and TwoCommaClubX plans.
The Platinum plan costs $297 per month and includes unlimited funnels, follow-up funnels, and pages. It allows for three sub-users, nine domains, and priority chat support from ClickFunnels experts.
The most exclusive plan is $2,497 per month and includes unlimited funnels, follow-up funnels, and pages. It allows for ten sub-users, 27 payment gateways, and 27 domains. It also offers VIP phone support and additional training courses.
Active Campaign has four different options:
The Lite plan ranges between $9 – $405 per month. It includes access to marketing and sales suite for up to three users.
The Plus plan ranges between $49 – $319 per month. It includes all features of the Lite package, plus 50 landing page templates, advanced integration, and sales CRM sync for up to 25 users.
The Professional plan is $129 – $479 per month. It includes all of the above, plus website personalization, conversion reporting, and in-app messaging for up to 50 users.
The Enterprise plan is $229 – $399 per month. Extra features include custom reporting, free design services, and custom features for unlimited users.
Costs depend on the number of contacts, and you can customize these to three business types: B2C, B2B, and E-commerce.
Looking at value for money, ClickFunnels has much more options and features to drive traffic and convert leads into sales. The basic ClickFunnels plan is perfect for beginners with a limited budget looking at an all-in-one marketing solution. Even though ActiveCampaign’s basic Lite package plan is affordable, it doesn’t include many features needed for a working e-mail marketing solution. Professional and Enterprise plans provide businesses with marketing tools and extra features that allow upsells and quality customer experiences.
You Might Also Like:
ClickFunnels vs. ActiveCampaign: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Faced with the difficult choice of picking one of these online marketing platforms, you have to consider a few determining factors:
You Might Also Like:
Which Platform Offers the Better Solution for Building Funnels?
As far as funnel building goes, ClickFunnels emerges as the winner by a mile.
It’s easy to use and guides you through a simple setup process to create your own landing page that helps funnel visitors from social media sites to your checkout page. Sales funnels are what ClickFunnels is all about.
Effective sales conversions are the site’s purpose, and it does it better than anyone else with a goal-oriented approach.
Elementor also has a funnel builder, but it’s much more rudimentary by comparison.
The site offers eye-catching customization features that will help you create a unique landing page complete with pop-ups and forms without any coding knowledge.
Even though ActiveCampaign has tons of great marketing features, it doesn’t have a landing page builder. ClickFunnels lends itself towards full customization, perfect for branding and page building, without using any code.
Which Platform Offers the Better Solution for Building Pages?
- ClickFunnels’ drag-and-drop page builder feature makes it easy for newbies to navigate the software. Access to numerous templates that can be easily customized and designed is why we choose ClickFunnels as the better solution.
Sales & Marketing Features
Both products have excellent sales and marketing features to generate leads and make online sales. The biggest difference is in the marketing approach. ActiveCampaign is a top-class e-mail marketing tool, while ClickFunnels is an all-in-one sales funnel builder.
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- It’s hard to choose the best solution because both platforms are suitable for a certain type of business. ActiveCampaign is best in turning leads into customers (and customers into returning customers) through customizable e-mail marketing.
- Compared to ClickFunnels, which allows for a complete marketing strategy, generating unknown visitors and turning them into customers.
You Might Also Like:
ActiveCampaign gives users the following e-commerce features:
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Advanced reporting and site tracking
- Custom forms
To scale their businesses, ClickFunnels offers a start-to-finish solution that includes features in the following areas:
- Generating traffic
- Bait on the landing page
- Front-end offers upon checkout
- Upsells and Downsells during the middle offer
- Lifetime customer value offers at the back-end
By comparing the two, it is clear that ActiveCampaigns’ e-commerce features aim towards retention and satisfying customers. While ClickFunnels focuses on sales, specifically turning traffic into paying customers.
Which Platform Offers Better E-Commerce Features?
- Yet again, the two platforms are tied. Depending on your specific needs, you might prefer one over the other.
- Either you’ll find ActiveCampaign’s abandoned cart and automatic sales emails more beneficial in retaining your clients or ClickFunnels’ conversion features to increase income and sales.
You Might Also Like:
ActiveCampaign marketing solutions have a full spectrum of analytic app integrations available for accurate reporting. You can seamlessly install apps like AC video tracker, Big Picture, ChartMogul, Databox, Dubb, Google Analytics, Klipfolio, Sumo, Woopra, and Zoho.
In the same way, you can also install analytics into ClickFunnels. It also features its own A/B sales testing for detailed sales analytics. Stats included in the report include Gross Income, EPC, and averages.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics Features?
- ActiveCampaign’s analytic features are better because it is open to many different analytic programs and software integrations. This allows for a much more detailed analysis of statistics within the business.
Advanced tools built into both these platforms allow for a series of customizations. ClickFunnels has an advanced custom CSS editor that allows you to customize borders, text, backgrounds, and layouts. ActiveCampaign, on the other hand, offers personalization tags for e-mails and the ability to customize a site’s appearance by modifying HTML.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Features?
- ClickFunnels’ customization features win this round handily. All newbies can easily customize the landing page by utilizing the drag-and-drop feature. There is no need to understand or modify underlying HTML coding. The platform also comes with a series of templates that can be easily altered and personalized.
ClickFunnels offers 24/7 ticket or email support and 24-hour live chat support from Monday to Friday.
The expected response time usually falls within 24 hours on weekdays, but it may stretch longer on the weekend.
Wait times and quality can be widely variable on support through the Facebook group since you’re dealing with fellow users rather than ClickFunnels employees.
However, some users love it because the scope is wide open. In contrast, a directly-employed customer service or tech support team can’t answer questions on marketing strategy, SEO, or tax, for a few examples.
Users on ActiveCampaign’s Lite, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans can access live chat, email support, and a ticket-based helpdesk (the Support Portal). Enterprise plans also have access to phone support. Live chat hours are Monday – Thursday from 6 AM to 11 pm (CST) and Friday from 6 AM to 5:30 PM (CST).
- Choose ClickFunnels if: you are a newbie and want an all-in-one sales solution from start to finish or if you need the page builder functionalities.
- Choose ActiveCampaign if: you are a more established business that wants to retain customers, and you already have a page builder or content management solution.
Both platforms have many pros and some drawbacks. In our expert opinion, it is best to start with ClickFunnels as a beginner in e-commerce. This platform will give you all the tools you need to establish a brand and drive traffic to your site. Then convert traffic into paying customers.
For businesses who wish to improve customer care and follow-up sales, ActiveCampaign might be a better choice for you. With both ClickFunnels and ActiveCampaign offering a 14-day free trial, it’s worth giving them a try to see what will work best for your business’ marketing needs.
You Might Also Like To Compare:
- ClickFunnels vs Hubspot
- ClickFunnels vs SamCart
- ClickFunnels vs Instapage
- ClickFunnels vs Wix
- ClickFunnels vs Unbounce
- ClickFunnels vs Elementor
- ClickFunnels vs ClickBank
- ClickFunnels vs ThriveCart
- ClickFunnels vs Zipify
- ClickFunnels vs Kyvio
- ClickFunnels vs Getresponse
- ClickFunnels vs Leadpages
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri
- ClickFunnels vs GoHighLevel
- ClickFunnels vs Phonesites
- ClickFunnels vs Podia
- ClickFunnels vs Builderall
- ClickFunnels vs MarketHero
- ClickFunnels vs Aweber
- ClickFunnels vs Squarespace
- ClickFunnels vs Thrive Themes
- ClickFunnels vs Kartra
- ClickFunnels vs DropFunnels
- ClickFunnels vs Mailchimp
- ClickFunnels vs Deadline Funnel
- ClickFunnels vs Keap
- ClickFunnels vs WordPress
- ClickFunnels vs Ontraport
- ClickFunnels vs Shopify
- ClickFunnels vs Optimize Press
- ClickFunnels vs Webflow
- ClickFunnels vs GrooveFunnels
- ClickFunnels vs Teachable
- ClickFunnels vs Simvoly