Choosing the best all-in-one marketing solution may leave you wondering if it’s better to go with a more established platform or opt for a newer platform.
While Kajabi has established its software marketing presence, Kartra, the new kid on the block, makes waves with its functional and cost-effective approach. But, just how do these two platforms stack up?
While Kartra is perfect for online marketing, Kajabi is suited to people hoping to benefit from its online course features.
Kajabi is an all-in-one software platform with a primary focus on selling online courses. A big draw to the Kajabi platform is its blogging platform.
Not only can you create your online course content, but you can manage a blog with access to numerous templates and SEO features.
In addition, Kajabi gives course-buyers access to the creator’s community page, making it more private than a Facebook group.
Kartra is also an all-in-one software platform.
The difference with Kartra is that it focuses on e-mail marketing, affiliate marketing, funnel building, and product selling. In addition, Kartra features advanced marketing features such as Behavioral Adaptive Marketing for all upsells and downsells.
Unlike Kajabi, Kartra has a calendar feature that allows customers to schedule appointments with the course creator.
Straightforward “done-for-you” campaigns make it an excellent option for beginners.
Kajabi vs. Kartra at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 14 days.||$1 trial for 14 or 30 days. |
|Pricing Range||Basic – $149 per month|
Pro – $199 per month
Growth – $399 per month
|Starter – $99 per month |
Silver – $199 per month
Gold – $299 per month
Platinum – $499 per month
|Best For||Aimed at people looking for a platform to host online course content.||Designed to create sales funnels and host successful marketing campaigns.|
|User Interface Features||Strong analytics features|
Drag-and-drop page builders
SEO setting features
Home & lead pages
|Agency dashboard |
Drag-and-drop page builders
500 customizable templates
Split Testing tools
Mobile and tablet responsive
|Online Courses||Video content-enabled|
Online discussion board
|Video content-enabled |
Katara lead feature
|Monetization Options||Blogging platform|
Digital Product Sales
|Affiliate marketing |
Can sell digital and physical products
|Marketing Options||E-mail marketing|
Upsells & downsells
|E-mail marketing |
Upsells & downsells
When comparing these two platforms, it’s necessary to review their key points.
Both platforms have a few common similarities, which include:
- Creators can build sales funnels on both platforms, although Kartra has a more streamlined process.
- Both offer drag-and-drop page builders with relatively smooth creation.
- You can create membership sites on either platform and both host videos, an option not always available.
- E-mail marketing features such as automation, sequences, and broadcasts are prominent on both.
Some of the key differences include:
- Kartra has a calendar feature that makes it easy for customers to schedule appointments. Kajabi doesn’t have this feature.
- Kajabi’s 14-day trial period is free, whereas Kartra’s trial period costs $1.
- Kajabi has created its automation features at the lecture level, so e-mails are triggered as the student goes through specific lectures.
- Kajabi has a blogging platform with a variety of SEO features, driving traffic to your page.
Kajabi vs. Kartra: Pricing Comparison
- Basic Plan – $149 per month or $1,428 per year– This plan includes three products, three pipelines (sales funnels), unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails,10,000 contacts, 1,000 active members, one website, one admin user
- Growth Plan – $199 per month or $1,908 per year – This plan includes: 15 digital products, 15 sales pipelines, ten admin users, 10,000 active users, and you can add 25,000 contacts. Also on offer here are built-in e-mail and affiliate marketing tools.
- Pro Plan – $399 per month or $3,828 per year – 100 digital products, 100 sales pipelines, 25 admin users, 20,000 active members and 100,000 contacts. You can also have three websites and send out 2,000,000 marketing e-mails.
All of Kartra’s plans include all of its core features.
However, users face limits on the number of leads, products, and bandwidth allocations depending on the option chosen.
- Starter Plan – $99 per month or $948 per year – This plan offers 2,500 leads, one custom domain, and two membership sites. 15,000 e-mails per month, and it includes a 50GB bandwidth limit. You can host 100 pages and video-hosting for 50 videos.
- Silver Plan – $199 per month or $1,788 per year – 12,500 leads, three custom domains, unlimited number of membership sites, 15,000 e-mails on this plan, as well as unlimited bandwidth.
- Gold Plan – $299 per month or $1,548 per year – With this plan, there are 25,000 leads, five custom domains, unlimited membership sites, e-mails, bandwidth, pages, and products.
- Platinum Plan – $499 per month or $4,548 per year – 50,000 leads, ten custom domains, unlimited membership sites. There’s unlimited access to e-mails, products, and content. There are also unlimited team members, and you can connect to unlimited Kartra Help Desks.
When it comes to pricing, Kartra is a clear winner. This platform doesn’t limit features on any of its plans.
Additionally, Kartra’s starter price is lower and allows the user to sell many more products. While Kajabi offers better lead limits, Kartra provides better value for money.
Kajabi vs. Kartra: A Comparison of Features and Tools
Aside from the pricing factor, the features and tools offered by each platform often serve as the deciding factors.
Depending on the type of site you need, some features might be more beneficial than others.
Read on to see how Kajabi and Kartra stack up against each other in the most prominent features.
Online courses are popular because of their simplicity and accessibility. Users require user-friendly platforms that are simple to build but still provide value for money.
Kartra offers a variety of features which include video hosting and webinars. Kajabi offers similar features but excels at its online discussion board feature.
Which Platform Offers the Better Solution for Hosting Online Courses?
Sales & Marketing Features
Course creators are always looking for effective and interactive ways to promote their course programs. Compelling marketing features are therefore essential.
Both platforms also allow users to track the impact of the affiliate marketing progress and send announcements and add new affiliates.
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
Student Experience Features
Course creators will always be mindful to choose a software platform that creates a user-friendly and engaging student experience.
Kajabi offers a host of student engagement features such as quizzes, drip feedback, and lock content. However, with Kartra, you can’t create quizzes. This limitation means you must do student testing through a third-party tool.
Which Platform Offers a Better Student Experience?
Monitoring and analyzing the general progress of a site is the easiest way to determine its effectiveness. This analysis includes visitor interaction and demographics.
Kajabi makes use of an account analytics feature to measure basic visitor information. Kartra, on the other hand, has a more advanced analytics tool.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics Features?
Using a platform that customizes to suit the target market and course content will have more success. Customizable features make it easy to improve content continuously.
Both platforms offer extensive customization options. Karta has over 500 customizable page templates, including sales, lead capture, and checkout pages. Kajabi allows you to build websites into two parts – the theme editor and page builder.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Features?
- Choose Kajabi if: You need to create a successful online course using its extensive course builder. Kajabi is also a popular choice if you want to use one platform to manage your entire website. This management encompasses marketing, sales tasks, and blogging. Kajabi also has SEO features aimed at driving traffic to your page.
- Choose Kartra if: Your business will benefit from the help desk or scheduling tool. These types of tools are beneficial to sites with selling services or consultancies. Since Kartra allows for selling digital and physical products, it’s the perfect option for sales-related sites.
Choosing an effective all-in-one platform doesn’t have to leave you stressed. Simply use our comparative list to see which option ticks the boxes on your requirement list. There is no clear one-size-fits-all winner between Kajabi vs. Kartra. This is because both platforms have different features that make them viable options depending on your needs.
You might also want to compare: