ClickFunnels is a tool to help you build and manage funnels. The platform also provides top-to-bottom training to help users achieve their goals by selecting and deploying the best funnels for their business.
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one platform containing:
- Content management system
- Web host
- Intuitive page builder
- Email management system
- Shopping options
- Landing page builder
- Integrated payment systems
- A/B testing
- Affiliate management
Our team specializes in evaluating and reviewing such platforms to help you make informed decisions about the tools and platforms you use in your knowledge commerce business.
This article will go through the initial setup and let you see how user-friendly ClickFunnels is.
You will also learn how funnels work, the basics of creating a high-converting funnel, and this marketing software’s key features.
ClickFunnels is an automated powerful sales funnel builder, which helps users market and sell products and services online.
The ClickFunnels team shares its marketing skills showing you how to build well-designed sales funnels, which should increase your sales.
- You can also use the software to build landing pages, webinar event pages, and membership sites.
- ClickFunnels has an autoresponder and shopping cart but also allows users to integrate their favorites.
- A special feature, Follow-Up Funnels, allows you to send emails, text messages, desktop notifications, and sequences to your visitors. This way, you can market directly based on their actions.
- With the Clickfunnels Backpack feature, you can add an affiliate program to any of your funnels. This functionality can help drive more traffic to your pages, increasing your sales.
You can also track and receive reports on what products your affiliates are promoting and see all your affiliate sales and income.
How Does ClickFunnels Work?
ClickFunnels provides you with the tools and strategies to market and sell your products, automating the whole process.
A sales funnel is a series of online steps that lead a customer from a landing or squeeze page to a check-out page, and ClickFunnels takes that process to its limits.
You can attract customers and leads with ClickFunnels’ pre-designed, conversion-driven sales funnel page templates, including upsells, downsells, and order bumps.
There are various templates for all types of businesses wanting to create a top-selling funnel.
The platform does not require a pre-existent website or coding knowledge. It offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor to create funnels.
The ClickFunnels team advertises its funnels as “great salesmen who work 24/7 with no pay” – which is an excellent example of what a well-made funnel can do.
Creating your ClickFunnels Account
Sign up for a free 14-day trial with ClickFunnels.
Connecting your domain means you’ll have your own URL.
Steps to adding a domain:
- Select ‘Domains’ on the sidebar.
- Click the ‘Add New Domain’ button.
- You can choose a domain through ClickFunnels or use your own.
- For our example, select ‘Use an Existing Domain.’
- Add your domain or subdomain name. Use a subdomain if you want to use your domain for other purposes, not just ClickFunnels.
- Click the ‘Add Domain’ button.
- Add a CNAME record from the provider where you purchased the domain.
- You can select the funnel from your list and connect the domain at your convenience.
As soon as you point your domain to ClickFunnels, you’ll only be able to use it with ClickFunnels.
If you don’t already have one, it may be cheaper to buy your domain outside ClickFunnels before setting it up.
Create Your Custom Email Address
First, you need to create your domain records within ClickFunnels. Every domain host will have slightly different methods, so consult your provider for this information.
To set it up with a domain purchased outside ClickFunnels using Zoho:
- In your ClickFunnels account, click on ‘Account Settings.’
- Select ‘Domains.’
- Select ‘Edit.’
- In your Zoho account, select ‘Others’ from your DNS Manager.
- Copy the CNAME under ‘Value/Points To/Destination.’
- In your ClickFunnels account, click on ‘Expand’ in the Edit Zone Records.
- Under Type, choose TXT.
- In the Value box, paste the name verification and save.
- Add your user names and groups, and click ‘Create Account’ when you’ve received verification.
- To configure email delivery, you’ll add your MX and SPF records.
ClickFunnels offers a marketing automation platform, Follow-Up Funnels, within its Platinum plan.
If you plan on using this, you’ll need to set up a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service. You can do this easily by clicking Email Integrations (SMTP), choosing the type of email you want to set up, and entering the details from your chosen SMTP service.
Add a Payment Gateway
ClickFunnels has many Application Programming Interface (API) and third-party product access gateways to choose from. API gateways process payments for products created within ClickFunnels and third-party product access gateways process payments for products on external platforms.
- Select your gateway. Stripe is the most popular.
- If you already have a Stripe account, you only need to sign in and connect your Stripe account here.
- Click ‘Create Account.’
- Name it and click ‘Create Account’ again.
- Click ‘Connect with Stripe.’
- Carefully fill in the account details.
ClickFunnels Top Benefits
Classic Funnel Builder
With this feature, you can choose your goal, such as ‘collect emails,’ ‘sell products,’ or ‘host webinars.’
You’ll get two funnel steps to collect emails – an email landing page and a thank you page or download page.
You can also choose from a sales, product launch, or membership page to sell products. Each option provides the appropriate pages you need, such as an order confirmation or video page. Then, build your funnel by choosing from the dozens of high-quality templates for each page. Alternatively, you can create your custom funnel using templates.
Having pre-made automated and live webinar funnels is a huge benefit, potentially saving you time and effort.
To host a live webinar on ClickFunnels, you need a webinar integration. Fortunately, the platform has a couple of direct webinar integrations, such as GoTo Webinar.
To create an automated webinar, you need a webinar video recording hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia.
You can create your pages by building out all the different sections according to your needs.
It’s your choice – you can pick a template and customize it in the editor or design all of your pages from scratch. For example, you can create a basic structure by adding rows, sections, and columns where you will place your content, modifying everything.
Then, you can drag and drop elements like a predesigned order form.
Follow-up Funnels is ClickFunnels’ tool for nurturing your leads through automated email sequences.
You can send messages through email, social media, text, and desktop notifications. Of course, you can create a conventional email list, and ClickFunnels also has a Smart List feature. The Smart List lets you segment your list based on your customers’ unique characteristics.
For example, how they reached your funnel, their buying history, and any actions within your funnel. You can retrieve detailed information at any time, create a Smart List and send personalized follow-up funnels.
You can also check the statistics of each email and adjust your lower-converting emails accordingly.
Split testing helps you improve your conversion rates by testing different versions of each element in your funnels for optimal performance.
Start by creating a variation and then editing it. Next, you can decide what proportion of traffic to send to your page and the experimental variation. Generally, we advise a 50/50 split to draw the best conclusions from a test.
ClickFunnels recommends running tests for at least thirty days.
ClickFunnels offers users superb training documentation, including video tutorials on using every feature.
It also provides tutorials and tips on when to use specific features to meet your business needs.
The platform also provides many paid and free in-depth and intensive training programs covering everything from funnel building to marketing.
What is a Sales Funnel in ClickFunnels?
After capturing an email address on your squeeze or landing page, you can send a series of emails automatically inviting your subscribers to your sales page.
Before your customer leaves your sales page, you can upsell or downsell to them, offering additional or alternative products.
The ClickFunnels order pages are easy for you to create and easy for your customers to navigate. Here you can also show products that complement your original product.
The pictures above show one type of sales funnel you can build with ClickFunnels. The funnel leads your customer, gradually, through the different stages to commit.
- The first page, the Squeeze page, generates leads. It collects your visitor’s email address in exchange for a lead magnet, maybe a free item, or more information about your product or service.
- When the customer has signed up, they are sent to the thank-you page, to collect what you promised on the Squeeze page.
- When ready to purchase, your customer lands on your Order page, which you can customize by adding your product and merchant account.
How to Create a Funnel in ClickFunnels?
It’s simple to create a sales funnel in ClickFunnels:
- Pick a predesigned funnel template from a list.
- Pick the landing page design for your sales page.
- Modify your page and funnel in a builder, preview, and publish it.
The whole process is straightforward and intuitive. You can preview the funnel map you selected before you add your pages and, if you don’t like it, you can go back and choose another one.
The drag and drop editor helps you easily and quickly design attractive pages for your funnels.
You can customize and personalize each page, editing the copy, adding your logo, a headline, and a video.
ClickFunnels has two funnel building systems – Classic and Cookbook.
The ClickFunnels Cookbook funnel builder allows you to create a funnel specifically based on your industry.
It offers pre-built funnel templates for a variety of businesses. You can then decide what type of funnel you wish to create, i.e., generate leads or sell a product.
You can choose your goal, such as getting contact information or running a survey and then selecting the available free or paid templates for your pages.
Here are the industry options you can choose from within the ClickFunnels Cookbook to create your funnels:
- Author, Speaker, Coach, Consultant
- Professional Services
- Network marketing
What is ClickFunnels Used For?
ClickFunnels is a great tool to generate sales and leads by automating and tying all the marketing processes together.
Creating a high-converting sales funnel with ClickFunnels grabs the attention of your traffic and entices them to buy your product.
A ClickFunnels sales funnel first helps you to turn your visitors into email subscribers and your email subscribers into customers, so growing your email list.
You aim to move visitors along the funnel continuously by addressing their needs and delivering your product at the right time.
With ClickFunnels, you can easily achieve this because it has a wealth of marketing knowledge and provides pre-built templates already set up to convert your visitors.
Who Uses ClickFunnels?
The ClickFunnels system works well for various kinds of businesses, from entrepreneurs to nonprofits. Launched to help businesses create funnels without needing developers, the ClickFunnels team uses its experience to optimize everyone’s processes.
Whatever industry you represent, ClickFunnels ties all the marketing processes together, making it very convenient for any business.
Below are a few of the wide range of businesses which already successfully use the well-crafted funnels ClickFunnels provides:
- Yanni Fikaris Professional Services – local business – house painting
- Natalie Hodson – Info products – fitness and diet
- Jaime Cross – e-commerce store selling organic products
- Garrett White – coaching/consulting
- Julie Stoian – freelance marketing agency
- Mindy and Mandy – network marketing – makeup business
- James P. Friel – B2B marketing agency
- Tyler Shaule – a nonprofit organization – Summer Camp coach
- Sarah Wells – food blogger/affiliate
If the thought of building a sales funnel overwhelms you, ClickFunnels could be the answer.
ClickFunnels specializes in building and operating high-conversion funnels to help you accelerate your business. There is also guidance on all the technical and even business aspects for newer or less tech-savvy users.
ClickFunnels also takes out the complexity of the sales and marketing process with its high-converting templates and training. Plus, an easy-to-use builder certainly saves you time and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where to Find an Unbiased ClickFunnels Review?
- How to Extend a ClickFunnels Trial to 60 Days?
- How to Access a $19 Shared Funnel plan?
- Can You Get a $297 Funnel Scripts Plan?
- Can I Get a Free Trial for Funnel Scripts?
- What is The Current Pricing of Funnel Scripts?
- Can I Get Funnel Hacker’s Cookbook For Free?
- Should I Wait for Black Friday to Get a Special ClickFunnels Deal?
- Is There a Monthly Funnel Scripts Plan?
- How to Extend a ClickFunnels Trial to 30 Days?
- Does ClickFunnels Have Any Special Offers?
- Is There a Possibility to Extend ClickFunnels Trial?
- How to Access the $37 ClickFunnels Plan?
- What is “Instant Traffic Hacks”?
- Is There a Promo Code for ClickFunnels?
- Should I Get The Expert Secrets Book?
- How Much Does ClickFunnels Actionetics Cost?
- How Well Does ClickFunnels Work for Online Courses?
- Is Funnel Hackers Black Box a Good Investment?
- How to Attend Funnel Hacking Live This Year?
- Should I Sign-Up for a Funnel Hacks Web Class?
- Can You Build Interactive Quizzes in ClickFunnels?
- Should I Get The Dotcom Secrets Book?
- How to Work With ClickFunnels API?
- Is There a Possibility to Get a Funnel Hacker’s T-Shirt For Free?
- How to Attend The One Funnel Away Challenge?
- Can You Sell Physical Products in ClickFunnels?
- Are ClickFunnels Training Programs Worth Signing-Up To?
- Where Can I Find a Detailed Comparison Between Traditional Website and ClickFunnels?
- What are The Benefits of Two Comma Club Membership?
- Should I Invest in ClickFunnels?
- How Much Can You Earn With ClickFunnels Affiliate Payouts?
- How Many Payment Gateways Can You Connect in ClickFunnels?
- Is it Possible to Cancel ClickFunnels Subscription?
- How to Connect ClickFunnels to Shopify?
- How to Connect ClickFunnels to WordPress?
- How to Get a ClickFunnels Certificate?
- What is Funnel Builder Secrets?
- How to Sign Up for a Funnel Builder Secrets Webinar?
- Does ClickFunnels Provide With a Good Customer Support?
- Can You Use PayPal for ClickFunnels?
- Should I Get The Traffic Secrets Book?
- Is Perfect Webinar Secrets Review Worth Getting?
- How to Attend 10x Webinar?
- How Does ClickFunnels Sign-Up Process Look Like?
- Is ClickFunnels a Scam?
- How to Sell My Funnels on ClickFunnels Marketplace?
- Are One Funnel Away Challenge Bonuses Valuable?
- Should I Get The Software Secrets Book?