ClickFunnels is an excellent platform in its own right. The site consistently delivers favorable results for sales funnel conversion.
Connecting ClickFunnels to a site like WordPress is useful for branding purposes and domain independence.
Does connecting ClickFunnels to WordPress only provide advantages, or are there drawbacks to integrating the two platforms?
This is the question we will address today alongside explaining how to connect the sites.
The Benefits of Connecting ClickFunnels with WordPress
Both sites work very well independently.
ClickFunnels is a very sales-oriented platform that leads potential customers from the landing page to the checkout page in just a few steps. WordPress is a comprehensive website builder that also features marketing tools.
The primary benefit of utilizing the plugin is to get to the best of both worlds – a sales conversion-optimized platform with the traditional features of a branding website.
Other benefits of merging the features of the two sites also include enhanced SEO, more customization options, and the ability to provide more value to your customers.
How to Integrate ClickFunnels with WordPress
The steps to integrating ClickFunnels with WordPress are quite simple. You can merge them in one of two ways.
We will compare and outline starting with the more efficient method (our preferred option).
Method #1: Connecting to WordPress via Subdomain
The first solution to connecting the two platforms is via a subdomain.
This particular method requires more tech knowledge to implement, but it is also the more foolproof option and the one we prefer.
This is because you won’t need to deal with the platforms going out of sync due to outdated plugins and updates.
Essentially, you just need to create a subdomain in your hosting account and add said subdomain to your ClickFunnels account.
It may require some tinkering with DNS and SSL to configure the connection.
- The first step is to create a subdomain on your website hosting account. The steps will vary depending on your host, but the similarity is to find the DNS for WordPress.
- There are four items to pay attention to when creating your subdomain: the type of record (CNAME), the name, the target, and the TTL.
- When you add the subdomain to ClickFunnels, go to Account Settings, find Domains, click Add a New Domain, and then Use an Existing Domain.
- In the blank field, enter the full name of your subdomain.
- Click Add a Domain. A message will pop up, and if you have logged into where you bought your subdomain and have the CNAME, you can click past it.
- You will then be able to connect your funnel to the subdomain successfully.
- The next step is where you add the SSL to your subdomain. You can do this by clicking Expand in the SSL section and then clicking Add SSL.
- You will need to wait for a few minutes during SSL setup, but once it’s connected, you can go back to check if you have integrated your funnels successfully.
Method #2: Connecting to WordPress via ClickFunnels Plugin
The second method is one in which you connect the two platforms through a simple plugin.
It’s a more straightforward method through a simple API that you can do by downloading the plugin and activating it, but the simplicity comes with the risks we outlined above.
- The first step is to install the ClickFunnels WordPress plugin.
- When the installation is complete, click Activate.
- Head over to the Settings menu and locate API Connection and enter your ClickFunnels e-mail.
- Go to your ClickFunnels page and press Account Settings, then find WordPress API and click the Expand option.
- You will see your WordPress API key, which you should copy and paste in the Authentication Token bar on the WordPress site.
- Once you click Save, you should double-check the settings by clicking on “Compatibility Check.”
- Lastly, go to the General Settings on the main menu and select Download and Display or Embed Full Page iFrame and add your funnel step in ClickFunnels to your WordPress site and you’re done!
ClickFunnels & WordPress Integration Possibilities
Once you add ClickFunnels to WordPress, it will open the door to more opportunities to connect the platforms and their functions.
By taking full advantage of both sites’ offers, you can also create a better experience for your customers.
Adding ClickFunnels Pages to a WordPress Site
Once you have integrated the two platforms, you can add ClickFunnels pages and funnel steps to your WordPress site.
We suggest this for users who want to use WordPress but use the same domain for both predominantly.
- Locate the ClickFunnels plugin and press Add New.
- Choose Regular Page for the page type.
- Then choose the funnel you want to add under the corresponding section and the funnel page.
- For your page path, click Assign a Custom Slug and then click Save.
Setting a ClickFunnels Page as Your WordPress Homepage
Imagine what versatility your connected website can provide.
If you set your ClickFunnels page as your WordPress homepage, you can use the same domain for both sites and keep things organized.
You will also be able to enjoy seamless navigation on the two platforms.
- Head over to the ClickFunnels plugin page and click Add New.
- You can make the ClickFunnels page your WordPress home page by typing in Home Page under Page Type.
- Select the funnel you want to connect, and then the funnel page and click Save when you finish.
The Drawbacks of Using WordPress with Clickfunnels
There are some drawbacks to connecting WordPress with ClickFunnels.
There is no doubt that there are many possibilities that open up with integration, but you should also be aware of the disadvantages.
This way, you can better decide if merging the two platforms is the best solution for your needs.
Plugin Update Delays
To ensure that both platforms are working at optimal levels, you must synchronize the ClickFunnels plugin with your WordPress updates.
In the case of the plugin not automatically following your WordPress update, it could affect the performance of your page. Functions may not work correctly, and you may experience lag.
Although this isn’t very likely, it’s worth keeping in mind for troubleshooting purposes in the future.
You Cannot Connect Certain Pages
This next point can be either a benefit or a drawback, but it may hinder your intended result.
For security reasons, WordPress may not support some types of pages. Knowing this brings peace of mind to users who emphasize online security, making it a benefit.
It is a drawback that you cannot connect your affiliate areas and access pages, order forms, membership areas, and membership access pages to WordPress.
This may not be devastating if you didn’t plan on connecting these types of pages, but you must look for other means if affiliate marketing and membership content are your focus areas.
There are two ways to connect ClickFunnels and WordPress, with the more complex method being the one via a subdomain.
Although using a plugin is easier, there is a bigger chance of running into update issues.
There is no disputing that linking ClickFunnels to WordPress opens doors to more integration possibilities.
Still, users should also be aware of the potential downsides, such as update delays and incompatibility with certain pages.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How Much Does Funnel Scripts Cost?
- What Are The Best ClickFunnels Alternatives?
- Is There a 30-Day ClickFunnels Free Trial?
- Does ClickFunnels Have a Marketplace?
- Is ClickFunnels a Pyramid Scheme?
- What is a “Free Plus Shipping” Method?
- How to Make a Physical Product Funnel?
- Is ClickFunnels Worth The Money?
- How to Get a DotCom Secrets PDF Copy?
- Is There a 60-Day ClickFunnels Trial?
- Is There a Black Friday Deal on ClickFunnels?
- Does ClickFunnels Work For Real Estate?
- Is There a $37 ClickFunnels Plan?
- Where Can I Get a ClickFunnels Coupon?
- What Do I Need to Know about ClickFunnels Instant Traffic Hacks?
- Can You Still Get a Funnel Hackers Black Box?
- How to Attend Funnel Hacking Live?
- How To Cancel ClickFunnels?
- How to Join ClickFunnels Certification Program?
- What are OFA Challenge Bonuses?
- Does ClickFunnels Have an Autoresponder?
- How to Use ClickFunnels API?
- Funnel Hacks: What It Is and How to Get It?
- Is Network Marketing Secrets Worth Getting?
- How to Get a Funnel Hacker T-Shirt for Free?
- How Do Quizzes and Surveys Work in ClickFunnels?
- Should I Join ClickFunnels Affiliate Program?
- Is Funnel Builder Secrets Worth Getting?
- What are Share Funnels?
- How To Find a Demo of ClickFunnels?
- How to Sign Up for ClickFunnels?
- Is it Worth Attending Russell Brunson’s 10x Secrets Masterclass?
- How to Integrate PayPal with ClickFunnels?
- Is Traffic Secrets Worth Getting?
- Where Can I Find Perfect Webinar Secrets Review?
- How to Connect ClickFunnels with Shopify?
- Does ClickFunnels Have a Shopping Cart?
- Does ClickFunnels Work For Lawyers and Attorneys?
- Where Can I Find a Software Secrets Review?
- How to Host My Own Domain on ClickFunnels?
- Can You Pause Your ClickFunnels Account?
- How Much Can You Earn with ClickFunnels Affiliate Program?