In your search for the ultimate e-commerce or web development platform, you may have come across Kartra and Wix.
Of course, as major players in digital marketing, both Wix and Kartra are popular choices.
Wix is mainly a website creation platform that has expanded to offer more features such as creating your online store and integrating marketing tactics.
Kartra is an all-in-one business management system with pages, analytics, and campaigns available.
So how do the two platforms compare? Let’s take a closer look.
Kartra enables single sign-on from shopping cart to checkout.
E-mail marketing, web hosting, and list building top the list of notable features. Users have access to four pricing plans ranging between $79-$379 a month if paid annually.
In addition, customized enterprise-level pricing options are available on request.
A subscription gives users access to lead generation technology, custom domains, and membership sites in addition to the page and video hosting.
Wix originally gained its reputation for being the ultimate website builder.
The platform can also help users create sites for online stores and services and even restaurants and blogs.
It also supplies resources for exposure, such as e-mail marketing and Facebook ads. Wix prices range from $18 per month to $99 per month.
Kartra vs. Wix at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 30 days. ($1)||Yes, 14 days.|
|Pricing Range||Starter Plan – $99 per month|
Silver Plan – $199 per month
Gold Plan -$299 per month
Platinum Plan – $499 per month
|Connect Domain – $0
Combo Plan – $18 per month or $14 with annual billing
Unlimited Plan – $23 per month or $18 with annual billing
Pro Plan – $30 per month or $23 with annual billing
VIP Plan – $47 or $39 with annual billing
|Best For||All the features needed to grow your business in one spot||Website building with e-commerce and booking features|
|User Interface Features||Pages|
Quizzes and surveys
|Web design features
Advanced web development
|Monetization Options||Kartra Marketplace|
|Online store creation
Wix affiliate program
Sell content and services
|Marketing Options||E-mail automation|
Campaigns and funnels
Surveys and quizzes
|Multiple sales channels
Automated social media campaigns
Promotional videos and posts
|Customer Support & Training||Helpdesk|
E-mail ticket support
|Wix help center
Customer service calls
Kartra vs. Wix: Pricing Comparison
Wix has a 14-day free trial, while Kartra’s will cost you $1. It’s not a lot considering what Kartra offers its users. Both platforms have discounts for each plan if billed annually.
- Starter Plan: $99 per month or $79 per month if paid annually
- Includes up to 2,500 leads, a custom domain, and 15,000 e-mails per month
- this plan does not give access to the Kartra Agency.
- Silver Plan: $199 per month or $149 per month if paid annually
- Includes unlimited access to all features and 12,500 leads per month with three custom domains and Kartra Agency access
- Gold Plan: $299 per month or $229 per month if paid annually
- Includes up to 25,000 leads per month and five custom domains with unlimited everything, including the Kartra Agency
- Platinum Plan: $499 per month or $379 per month if paid annually
- Includes everything the previous plans offer with up to 25,000 leads and ten custom domains.
- Free Connect Domain Plan : $0
- Includes the most basic features such as the custom domain, 1 GB of bandwidth, and 500 MB of storage space with Wix ads displayed
- Combo Plan: $18 per month or $14 per month if paid annually
- Includes a free custom domain for a year, removing all Wix ads, and 30 minutes of video time
- Unlimited Plan: $23 per month or $18 per month if paid annually
- Includes unlimited bandwidth, 10 GB of storage space, and 1 hour of videos
- Pro Plan: $30 per month or $23 with annual billing
- Includes unlimited bandwidth, 20 GB of storage space, and 2 hours of videos
- VIP Plan: $47 per month or $39 per month if paid annually
- Grants access to all of Wix’s features with priority customer care, 35 GB of storage space, and five hours of video
- There are also several additional Business plans with slightly variable additional features
Kartra is much more expensive, but it also has comprehensive features to help you build an e-commerce site. On the other hand, Wix is a premier choice for website building with more limited e-commerce and booking features.
You Might Also Like:
Kartra vs. Wix: A Comparison of Features and Tools
The best way to make an informed choice is to dive into individual feature comparisons. Below are the important ones to discuss when comparing any two platforms.
You Might Also Like:
Sales & Marketing Features
Which Platform Offers Better Sales & Marketing Solutions?
- Kartra is the better platform for sales and marketing solutions. It features funnels and campaigns users can utilize to capture and convert leads into loyal and recurring customers. Wix also has e-mail marketing campaigns, focusing more on social media marketing and ads with Wix’s AI optimization.
Memberships & Online Course Features
Which Platform Offers Better Memberships and Courses?
- Kartra comes out very slightly ahead in this section because it allows users to create better membership programs and build courses. At the same time, Wix can help you create a site to sell your services and courses and also offers a customer loyalty program with some plans. This program comes via a third-party integration and sets exclusive memberships to private content.
You Might Also Like:
Analytics & Reporting Features
Which Platform Offers Better Analytics and Reports?
- Kartra is the clear winner for this round. The platform gives access to all the data you need to optimize your site’s performance from your dashboard. In addition, Kartra already integrates analytics to get a clear view of traffic and conversions, subscription analytics, e-mail analytics, and even helpdesk info. As for Wix, you only gain access to visitor analytics with the Unlimited and VIP plans. For more detailed reports, you will need to go for the business plans, more specifically, the Business VIP Plan.
Kartra Analytics Metrics:
- Affiliate Traffic
- Affiliate Sales and Rebills
- Affiliate Refunds
- Revenue from Affiliates
- Affiliate Earnings Per Click
Customization & Page Building Features
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Options?
- Wix is the leading choice for customization and page building. After all, it’s what Wix is known for. Wix offers over 800 templates that are ready-to-use and customizable. You can also pick from blank templates to create a unique page. As for the design, the powerful built-in features such as the Wix Editor and Wix ADI combine simple drag-and-drop features to produce a professional-looking website. You can also hire a designer. Kartra has many templates and a drag-and-drop editor to design a fully customized and 100% mobile-friendly page.
Customer Support & Training
Which Platform Offers Better Support and Training?
- It’s a tie in the customer support and training section. Both platforms offer a very comprehensive help center. Wix organizes all its information into categories so you can easily locate what you need. If you still have questions, you can reach out to customer service agents for additional support. Kartra has step-by-step training in the Kartranaut program that breaks everything into bite-sized pieces. You can find questions about software and components within the Technical Documentation section. You can also choose to submit a ticket to correspond with customer support.
- Choose Kartra if: You are looking for a one-stop shop to create your website with all the tools you need.
- Choose Wix if: Content creation and design are your main focus, but you’re also looking for moderate additional e-commerce features, online booking platforms, and order or ticket management.
There is no overall winner here because both sites appeal to different audiences.
As the more expensive option, Kartra is great for building an e-commerce store complete with performance analytics, funnels, and campaigns for marketing, surveys, and extra monetization options such as affiliate and membership programs and various third-party integrations.
If you already have cash flow and a healthy budget, Kartra maybe your stronger option.
Wix is the ideal choice for website building and design with additional helpful capabilities such as e-commerce, ticketing, orders, booking management, and monetizing your creations.
However, if you are just starting and focusing on aesthetics, design, and budget, Wix is probably your stronger option.