After testing all of the platform’s features and tools, we found Kartra to be a fantastic all-in-one platform that can be used to generate leads, schedule appointments, and sell products and services.
Other powerful features we liked were its checkout builder, surveys, quizzes, and marketing tools.
We also thought the subscription pricing was great for money, starting at $99 per month.
- Kartra is an all-in-one platform for generating leads and selling products and services
- The platform also has many marketing features such as email marketing
- Kartra’s entry-level subscription costs $99 per month
Kartra Review at a Glance
After testing out Kartra, we summarized our experience by judging it using our three-part methodology, which considers the platform’s features, user experience, and pricing.
Kartra is chiefly an all-in-one platform for marketing and sales. Their primary features include pages, forms, surveys, CRM, and marketing.
To connect these features, the platform has funnels and campaigns, which lets users map out the flow of a customer to increase performance.
As an all-in-one platform, users don’t necessarily require third-party integrations to run their business; however, Kartra does offer a range of native integrations, which include Zapier.
Although Kartra primarily lists its lead-generation and email marketing features on its site, the platform also boasts an impressive range of tools for courses, memberships, and physical products.
Other features and tools the platform offers include video hosting, quizzes, helpdesks, agency solutions, and analytics.
Due to the wide range of features and their interoperability, we rate them at 4.7 out of 5.
As an all-in-one platform that has many different elements and assets that can be created, a great user experience is essential to create and make these features work together.
We found that Kartra does have a good user experience as the customer dashboard is easy to navigate: when creating an asset, their prompts guide you through the process.
Moreover, the platform provides users with excellent resources, such as the Kartranaut training program, technical blog posts, and great support options.
Therefore, we would rate Kartra’s user experience as 4.3 out of 5.
We didn’t rate it higher because the platform does not have certain features, such as a native community and blogging, which means many business owners will need to integrate their Kartra account with other platforms – reducing the customer experience.
Kartra has four primary subscription plans and an Enterprise plan for users that exceed these plans’ features.
The plans start at $99 per month, which gives users access to all core features and tools. We believe this to be good value for money since subscribers can get set up and start selling and have access to create courses and membership sites.
In our opinion, the Silver plan offers subscribers the best value for money, as subscribers have access to almost all features in an unlimited capacity, as well as gain access to the Funnel Simulator, Kartra Agency, and can have up to 12,500 leads.
Forthe Gold and Silver plans, the only differences between them are the number of leads and custom domains users can have, and as the price increases dramatically, we don’t believe they offer great value for money.
Therefore, when reviewing the pricing of Kartra, we suggest that the Starter plan and Basic plan are the best subscription options, and we rate the pricing as a 4.5 out of 5 overall.
What Is Kartra?
Kartra is an all-in-one platform for selling products and services. The platform lets users create pages, opt-in forms, funnels, campaigns, quizzes, surveys, and take payments.
Some examples of businesses that use Kartra:
- Brick-and-mortar businesses
- Physical products
- Digital products
- Course providers
- Membership sites
- Digital downloadables
- Community access
There are many great features, tools, and bonuses available for Kartra subscribers – we’ve highlighted some for you below:
- All-in-One Platform – Kartra is an all-in-one solution, which means users don’t require any additional third-party subscription to begin selling.
- 30-Day $1 Trial – The platform offers users a 30-day trial that costs $1, which gives prospective customers enough time to thoroughly test Kartra.
- 0% Transaction Fees – Subscribers are only charged a monthly subscription fee and do not have to pay any transaction fees.
- Native Course and Membership Builder – The platform lets users create, host, and deliver courses and memberships within the platform.
- User Experience – Kartra has a great user experience, which makes it easy to create assets, products, and campaigns.
- Kartranaut – All subscribers have access to Kartra’s native training platform, which gives thorough step-by-step tutorials on every aspect of the platform.
- Templates and DFY Campaigns – Kartra also has a range of templates and done-for-you campaigns that allow users to get started very quickly.
Potential customers should also be aware of some of Kartra’s cons:
- Pricing – For users that have a lot of leads or domains, the pricing can become very expensive. The Platinum plan, which gives users 10 domains and 50,000 leads, costs $499 per month.
- E-Commerce Store – The platform isn’t suitable for users with large product catalogs, such as online clothing stores. It is much more suited to supplements and single-product stores.
- Website – Although customers can connect their Kartra pages together to create a website, they don’t have a native builder or other features such as blogging.
Kartra Feature Review
We found Kartra to have many fantastic checkout features that allow users to customize them to increase conversion rates and average order value.
Here are some of the features we liked:
- Pricing – We have three pricing options: one-time payment, recurring payments, and installments, which allow users to select the best structure for the product or service they’re selling.
- Trials – This tool is great for digital products as it lets you give customers access to the product for a specific period of time to test it out before paying. Moreover, you can also charge for limited access; for example, you can create a 14-day $1 trial.
- Discounts – If you’re running a sale or marketing campaign, you can create a code for customers to enter at checkout.
- Single-Step or Multi-Step Checkout – We could also test both a single-page checkout that requires users to enter all their information on one page as well as a multi-step that breaks up the customer information and payment information into multiple pages.
Within the checkout section, users can also manage their existing customers’ billing and plans:
- Pricing Changes – Users can change the price of their products or subscriptions, as well as offer discounts to existing customers and adjust their subscription plans.
- Reschedule Payments – If a customer is signed up to a recurring payment plan, you can alter the payment date to give them more time to complete the payment.
- Edit Payment Options – This tool gives customers the ability to change their payment method or replace an expiring card.
- Subscription Pauses – A customer can put their subscription on hold until they’re ready to continue payment.
Another checkout tool we tested was the average order value optimization tools, which include:
- Order Bumps – A complementary product or service offered to users when they enter their credit card information.
- Upsells, Downsells, and Cross Sells – These complementary products can be presented to customers post-purchase to increase the average order value.
Overall, we thought that Kartra has great checkout features that increase conversion rates and sales.
Funnels and Campaigns
Kartra’s funnel and campaign feature lets users connect their different elements and assets to create a campaign.
We liked this tool and were able to map out a sales funnel using the following elements:
- Lead capture page
- Sales page
- Checkout page
- Email campaigns
- Thank You pages
- Access emails
Users can create campaigns by using the drag-and-drop builder and use ‘if’ and ‘when’ logic to create automation.
Moreover, Kartra has premade campaigns suitable for many objectives, making it very easy to get started.
Surveys and Quizzes
To better understand our prospects’ needs and to market the right product to them, we used Kartra’s survey and quiz tools.
The survey and quiz feature the platform provides:
- Drag-and-Drop Builder – Design your survey using its intuitive builder.
- Scored Quizzes – Check a student’s knowledge by testing them.
- Question Types – You can create open and closed questions, multiple choice, image, and ratings.
- Content – Users can upload images and videos to enhance the experience.
After a user has completed the survey, they can be automatically fed into a marketing funnel and campaign based on their answers.
After building pages on Kartra, we found the process to be easy and liked that they provided us with a range of templates to get started quickly.
Here are the tools we used to create pages:
- Integration with funnels and campaigns
- Mobile responsive
- Color schemes
- Custom domain
Within the page builder, users can also design forms, pop-ups, and complete sites.
The forms can be used to collect a lead’s information to begin marketing to them.
Overall, we thought that the page builder had all the tools required to create outstanding pages.
The platform provides users with a drag-and-drop email builder that allows users to create customized and branded content.
In addition to creating emails, users can also do the following:
- A/B split test campaigns
- Use custom tags to personalize content
- Access a range of templates
Moreover, by using the platform’s funnels and campaign feature, we could automate the email flows.
This tool lets us use tags and logic to send customers through the email flow.
Kartra has a native video hosting and delivery feature that allows users to embed them into their sales pages, websites, and courses.
One of the features we really liked was tagging, which lets you build custom lists depending on the percentage of the video they consume.
After being tagged, you can follow up with specific marketing messages, such as a link to continue watching the video or sales page.
Moreover, the platform supports all device types and is mobile and tablet responsive.
Kartra has a comprehensive lead management and CRM solution for businesses.
A profile was created as soon as a contact interacted with our forms, sales pages, and other assets.
Inside of the profile contains the following information:
- Contact details
- Products purchases
This gave us a comprehensive report on the lead’s information and the current stage of the sales cycle.
This helped design flows to move them through the sales pipeline as we could identify common steps where they stopped.
The platform’s membership feature is designed for businesses to upload content that is gated behind a paywall.
As subscribers can upload all types of content, they can use the membership tool to host and deliver courses.
In addition to courses, other types of content that can be uploaded include text, webinars, and audio.
Some tools that membership site owners can use:
- Membership Tiers – You can gatekeep access to content based on the plan a customer purchased.
- Dripped Content – Release content on a schedule to increase learner engagement. The content can either be released on a specific date or several days after enrollment.
- Progress Tracker – If you’ve created a course or set order in which your content should be consumed, you can add a progress bar for customers to see the completion percentage.
- Notifications – You can automate the notifications to inform customers that more content has been released or congratulate them on completing the course.
Additional membership site features and tools:
- Member management
- Progression reports
- Adjust access permissions
- Multi-membership site
- Create multiple sites
- Manage in one place
- Cross-sell access
- Single sign in
- Customer dashboard with all products
- Course design
- Color schemes
Kartra’s Helpdesks feature lets customers provide live chat support to their customers on a page.
This replaces the need for email or other third-party chat integrations.
When using the Helpdesks tool, we tested the following features:
- Assign Tickets – This allowed us to spread the support ticket workload among multiple customer support reps.
- Canned Responses – The features let us reduce the time spent on each ticket by using templates we saved.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Before a customer or client reached out via live support, they were presented with the FAQs, reducing the need for many tickets.
- Refunds and Cancellations – We liked that customer support reps can resolve issues, such as refund and cancellation requests, without leaving the Helpdesks portal.
After testing all of the features, we thought that the Helpdesks feature could save many businesses or content creators a lot of time.
Kartra has an affiliate feature to help promote products sold on their platform.
Subscribers can use this to offer commissions to people that promote their products.
Here’s what affiliate tools we tested and reviewed:
- Adjustable Commissions – We could structure the product sales commissions based on a percentage of the product’s revenue or as a flat payout.
- Commission Tiers – This feature we really liked as it allows you to reward your highest earning affiliates by offering them better commission structures and payout terms.
- One-Time and Recurring – Depending on the product you’re selling and how you want to pay affiliates, you can offer recurring and one-time commissions.
- Payment Terms – Users can adjust the following settings: the minimum earnings threshold before payout, the number of days the funds are held, and staggered payment fund release.
- Custom Pages – Kartra users can create custom landing pages for their affiliates to use, which can be optimized for the offer they’re promoting.
- Affiliate Sign-Up Pages – Kartra has a range of sign-up form templates for new affiliates to enter their information.
- PayPal Adaptive Payments – We were also able to payout affiliates using PayPal, which made everything very simple.
To summarize our review of Kartra’s affiliate tools, we thought that they were extensive and provided us with everything we required.
Another useful feature Kartra has is calendars, which allows users to embed a calendar onto a page.
Some of the calendar tools we tested:
- Branded Pages – We created a custom page for our calendar with our logo, custom domain, and color scheme.
- Pricing – There are multiple payment settings that allow us to either charge to book an appointment or set it to free.
- Schedule – This tool lets users set the times and dates that they’re available to take bookings.
- Dashboard – To help users manage their appointments, there is a dashboard to change, rebook, and cancel appointments.
We really liked this feature and thought that it would be great for coaches, live events, and brick-and-mortar businesses.
We also thought it was a powerful feature because users can connect other platform elements like email to automate their marketing.
The platform’s agency tool is great for individuals and companies that manage clients’ Kartra accounts.
This feature has the following features:
- Dashboard – Within the agency account, users can view their client accounts and the key statistics to get a quick performance overview.
- Two Business Models – Agencies can resell Kartra accounts to clients, or they can be granted access to manage them by their clients.
- Branded – All email communication can be branded with an agency’s logo.
- Reports – Agencies can pull client reports for internal reviews and updates.
- Co-Manage – Users can grant their clients limited permission to access the account.
Overall, we thought that the agency feature was comprehensive and contained all of the features and tools required to manage client accounts.
We also liked that there were two agency models to customize the solution for a client.
Integrations and API Access
Kartra offers users native integrations, API, and IPN access.
Some of the native integrations we were able to connect include:
- Google Calendar
Because Kartra has a native Zapier integration, we could also integrate thousands of other platforms.
Given that Kartra is an all-in-one platform, we didn’t need to integrate other platforms; however, it is a great feature for users looking to use different payment processors, marketing software, and product delivery.
We also liked that Kartra gave us API access, which many platforms do not provide.
To help businesses understand how each element of their business is performing, Kartra provides them with a suite of analytics and reporting tools.
Some of the analytics we tested included:
- Open rates
- Click-through rates
- Split test results
- Membership and courses
- Retention rates
- Subscription rates
- Learner progression
- Average completion time
- Active members
- Conversion by device
- Heat maps
- Page time
- Sales by each affiliate
- Earnings per click
- Joint venture performance
To summarize our experience using Kartra’s analytics and reporting, we found them to be comprehensive and had all the stats that we required.
Moreover, as subscribers can connect to Google Analytics using Zapier, they can create more advanced reports if required.
The Kartra marketplace lets users find experts to hire and sell their done-for-you campaigns; here’s how they work:
- Experts for Hire – Freelancers and agencies sell services such as marketing, funnel building, and coaching. Kartra users can select their profile to get the expert’s contact information.
- Affiliate Marketplace – Kartra users can list and promote other people’s offers, including digital products, coaching, and services.
- DFY Campaigns – Users can create and access done-for-your campaigns; they can be listed as free and paid.
To summarize our Kartra marketplace experience, we thought that it was a great way to find talent as well as generate another source of revenue for your business by listing your products and campaigns.
Help and Support
Kartra has multiple help and support options:
- Email and Chat Support – Kartra has live chat and email support to help users with any issues they may be facing.
- Kartranaut – This is their training portal, which houses hundreds of step-by-step tutorials that cover everything on the platform.
- Q&A Calls – Kartra hosts weekly question-and-answer sessions with their team. Customers can use this time to ask any questions they have.
- Facebook Group Community – The platform has a large Facebook group that allows users to join, learn, and network with other Kartra users.
- Wiki – Kartra has a wiki that contains technical documents for developers to integrate and create their own software solutions.
We found Kartra’s help and support solutions to be comprehensive – they covered all aspects of the platform and are delivered using multiple formats, which suits all customers.
Kartra Cost Review
Kartra has five subscription plans and advertises the prices of four of them on its site.
The Starter Plan
The platform’s entry-level subscription is the Starter plan, which costs $99 per month and can be reduced to $79 per month if paid annually.
This subscription gives users access to these key features:
- 2,500 leads
- 1 custom domain
- 15,000 emails per month
- Host 100 pages
- Host 50 videos
- Sell 20 products
- 2 membership sites
- Add 1 additional team member
- Connect 1 helpdesk
- Funnel mapper
We found this subscription plan great for small businesses and individuals getting started. This is because it has all of the necessary features to create pages, market products and services, and 0% transaction fees on all sales.
Therefore, as it has all the features and tools required to run a business, we would consider it great value for money.
The Silver Plan
The second plan that Kartra offers is the Silver plan, which costs $199 per month and can be reduced to $149 if paid annually.
The key differences between the Starter plan and the Silver plan are the increased lead capacity, unlimited use of many features, and access to the Funnels Simulator and Kartra Agency.
Here is the full list:
- Up to 12,500 leads
- 3 custom domains
- Unlimited emails
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited pages
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited membership sites
- Unlimited helpdesks
- The Funnel Simulator
- Kartra Agency
We consider the price jump between this plan and the entry-level Starter plan as very reasonable when we consider how many more features become unlimited and the tools users have access to.
The Gold Plan
The third plan Kartra offers is the Gold plan, which costs $299 per month and $229 per month for annual subscribers.
As the plans increase in price, users receive fewer additional features and tools. In addition to the Silver plan’s features, here’s what Gold plan subscribers receive access to:
- 25,000 leads
- 5 custom domains
Because there are minimal additional benefits of the Gold plan, we didn’t feel that the large price increase was not justified and that it didn’t represent great value for money.
The Platinum Plan
The platform’s premier offering is the Platinum plan, which is priced at $499 per month or $379 per month if paid annually.
In addition to the Gold plan’s features, users can have up to 50,000 leads and 10 custom domains.
Again, we wouldn’t consider this to be great value for money due to only getting an increase in lead and domain capacity.
Enterprise Level Plan
For large organizations whose needs exceed that of the previously mentioned Kartra subscription plans, they can get an Enterprise level account.
As the platform doesn’t advertise the features, it’s likely a custom-designed plan specifically for a user’s needs.
To access the plan, prospective customers can contact the platform for a tailored solution.
The pricing of these plans is not disclosed; however, potential subscribers should expect them to be significantly more than the Platinum plan’s pricing.
Kartra User Review
Kartra has a very poor Trustpilot rating of just 2.8 stars out of five – it should be noted that there are only 12 reviews, so the sample size is small and likely distorted by negative experiences.
To help you understand the negative feedback, we’ve summarized it below:
- Slow page loading speed
- Poor customer support
- Frustration with the editor and auto-save
Another important point is that many of these reviews were from one and two years ago and that our review of using the platform did not reflect their negative experiences.
Kartra Alternatives to Consider
Although Kartra is a great platform, users with different needs may require an alternative solution.
Here are a few Kartra alternatives for you to consider:
- Kajabi – The platform is also an all-in-one solution; however, it primarily focuses on creating, hosting, and delivering digital products. Kajabi has native course, community, coaching, podcast, and membership site features.
- GoHighLevel – The platform is chiefly focused on providing agencies with the tools to manage clients’ marketing and sales. GoHighLevel has sub-accounts, sales pipelines, CRM, and marketing features.
- ClickFunnels 2.0 – This is also an all-in-one solution, but it has more advanced funnel, page, and website builders. In addition, it can be used as an e-commerce store and supports the hosting of many digital products.
Kartra is a fantastic solution for businesses looking to generate leads, schedule appointments and bookings, and sell products.
Moreover, course and membership creators can utilize the platform’s native features for hosting and delivery.
However, it lacks several features, such as blogging and e-commerce store functionality, and users with a large contact database can get expensive.
In our opinion, if you’re looking for an all-in-one platform that is very affordable, you should consider Kartra as a solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kartra is a great all-in-one platform for selling digital and physical products, services and as a booking system. The primary focus is on lead generation and marketing; however it does have many great features, such as membership sites, courses, affiliate management, and surveys.
We gave Kartra a rating of 9.2 out of 10, as it has impressive landing pages, funnels, campaigns, lead management, membership sites, agency account management, support, and is reasonably priced.
Kartra has a very low Trustpilot rating of 2.8 stars out of 5, with many reviews citing poor page loading speed, customer support, and issues saving page edits. However, when we tested and reviewed the platform, we didn’t come across these issues.