To enable integrations, GoHighLevel can grant API access to other platforms.
They provide you with an API key to quickly set up integrations.
- To get API keys, you must have a Pro account
- GoHighLevel provides developer documentation for both API versions
- You can connect to many popular platforms, including Slack, Google Drive, and GitHub
Where to Find Your GoHighLevel API Key
To find your GoHighLevel API key, follow these steps:
- Login to your GoHighLevel account.
- From your dashboard, select the Settings button, which is in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select API Key from the left-hand side panel.
- When an API Key is successfully set up, it’ll appear in this section for you to view, manage, and copy.
GoHighLevel Developer Documentation
As an API is technical and potentially confusing, the company aims to help users by providing documentation. They provide it for both versions of its API.
Those using API V1.1.20 and looking for the technical documents can find them on the GoHighLevel public wiki.
Here is some of the content that these technical documents contain:
- Example requests
- JSON fields
The documents can be found by following these steps:
- Go to GoHighLevel’s Support Portal.
- In the search bar, type API.
- From the auto-suggestions, select the first API that has Developer Documentations next to it.
- You’ll now need to select the API V1.1.20 documents, which we’ve highlighted below.
For the latest API 2.0 version, GoHighLevel has produced long-form documents covering all of the topics, including FAQs and Scopes.
The developer document covers the following:
- Trigger links
- Webhook events
To find these documents, here are the steps:
- Navigate to the platform’s Support Portal.
- Type API into the search bar.
- Select the first API suggestion.
- Scroll down to the API 2.0 documentation link and select it.
- You’ll now be redirected to the documents.
GoHighLevel API Integrations
Now that you know how to find your API keys and access the complete API documentation, we’ll go over some of the most popular platforms and softwares that integrate with GoHighLevel.
The most popular API integrations:
- Active Campaign
Frequently Asked Questions
To find the API key in GoHighLevel, navigate to your dashboard > Select Settings > Click on API Key > A full list of your API keys will be there. Note that you need a Pro plan or above to generate API keys.
To find the API documentation go to GoHighLevel’s Support Portal > In the search bar, type API > Select the first auto-suggested option that says Developer Documentation > Scroll down and select either the API V1.1.20 or API 2.0 developer documentation link.