LearnWorlds is one of the best online platforms designed to let you create, promote, and sell online courses. We have used numerous online course hosting platforms and rank LearnWorlds very highly for many reasons, including versatility and accessibility.
In assessing LearnWorlds, we can confirm that:
- It’s one of the cheaper platforms for crafting learning experiences
- It offers an exceptional user interface.
- There is a fantastic free 30-day trial that you can access without a credit card.
What is LearnWorlds?
LearnWorlds is a leading learning management system (LMS) that every possible business offering online training can use to host courses. There is a wide range of availability and access options and many different types of online courses with templates that you can use.
Whether you want to set up paid, free, coming-soon, private, or closed-enrollment options, straightforward resources are immediately accessible. In addition, you can also set up profitable marketing funnels that will instantly improve your ability to monetize your website.
Advanced e-commerce options open up all sorts of opportunities for:
- selling online courses
- training employees
- offering coaching skills and activities online
- educating customers
- generating interest in paid courses
There are stunning themes that you can use to create a unique experience for your client base. For example, you can include videos, incorporate interactive books, and add self-assessments to your course offerings. You can also introduce Sharable Content Object Reference Models (SCORM) and offer certificates to validify courses.
LearnWorlds at a Glance
LearnWorlds is an affordable, easy-to-use platform that offers many sales and marketing opportunities, including custom branding.
Affordability & Pricing
LearnWorlds is a very affordable platform, and it’s one of only a few online business options that offers a 30-day trial with no obligations and no credit card required.
The basic Starter Plan costs only $29/month, although there’s a $5 fee for each course you sell.
The Pro Trainer Plan offers the entire range of features for $99/month. The popular Learning Center Plan for larger companies is expensive at $299/month.
However, it has pro features that enable significant scaling, and the LearnWorlds Academy is free. In addition, all plans receive a discount with annual billing.
User Experience & Ease of Use
The LearnWorlds platform is easy to use and navigate.
It’s simple but powerful and comes with all the tools you need to build fully functional online courses. There are lots of ready-to-use themes and hundreds of templates.
With minimal effort, you can create a winning course using the intuitive drag-and-drop, block-based feature.
Once you input your content, you can cycle through different design options before selecting the best for your needs.
Sales & Marketing
LearnWorlds is a fully e-commerce-enabled platform that allows you to increase your ROI with remarkable ease. There are excellent landing page design options that offer custom branding features.
This accessible branding advantage will enable you to offer more value to your clients. There are also brilliant templates for funnel designs and conversion tracking pixel support.
Outstanding marketing features include lead conversion tools and affiliate marketing. Then, of course, there are bundles, coupons, and subscriptions too.
Course Creation & Engagement
LearnWorlds provides the tools for you to create engaging courses to attract students at every level.
You can add flexible drip content features, flexible learning schedules, and note-taking options.
In addition, you can include quizzes and assignments, question banks, videos, audio elements, and award your own branded digital certificates of completion.
Apart from the Starter Plan, there are no limits to how many courses you can create. As a result, you can quickly build a credible learning community.
Design & Customizability
A highlight of LearnWorlds is its online school site builder. You don’t need any design or coding skills.
The choice of top-tier designs and fully customizable templates is incredible. The simple drag-and-drop and dashboard interface requires no more than pointing and clicking through the ready-made, mix-and-match templates and themes.
In addition, you can opt for a customized domain and custom-brand your site. The Starter Plan limits the number of pages and pop-ups you can build.
Customer Support & Training
You’ll get an awesome, free step-by-step guide that will help you create courses that incorporate a wide range of brilliant features. There are also free guides that cover effective educational and interactive videos.
Additional courses on effective marketing strategies, social media, and e-mail marketing, and the creation of sales-ready online courses are available for a fee.
There’s also an e-mail ticketing system for customer support inquiries.
Who Uses LearnWorlds?
The number of entrepreneurs and enterprises that have successfully used the Learn Worlds platform to grow their businesses is inspiring.
The stories they tell show that anyone from any industry can embrace the opportunities offered by LearnWorlds for creating, selling, and promoting online courses and training.
- It took the founder of the School of Calisthenics Virtual Classroom, Tim Stevenson, less than a year to attract more than 40,000 users. The growth of his business has been exponential.
- Jon Kaplan transformed a business that relied on face-to-face learning into online courses using LearnWorlds. As a result, his Pause Platform school now offers standout experiences that exceed customer expectations.
Is LearnWorlds Worth It? Pros & Cons
We have been using the LearnWorld platform for a while now and highly recommend it for online courses and e-learning schools.
But nothing in life offers 100% perfection, so we decided to highlight the shortcomings of the platform and its outstanding features.
Pros of LearnWorlds
Cons of LearnWorlds
Who is LearnWorlds Best For?
- Online schools that sell courses of any kind. You can design custom courses, set your prices, and provide completion certificates.
- Businesses that offer training. You can incorporate audio and video presentations that introduce a live element to the learning experience.
- Companies that offer training with an online store that sells the necessary equipment and resources. This platform increases the profitability of the business.
- Organizations that offer any kind of education program. It is easy to develop courses on an ongoing basis using the draft and coming-soon course options. Even organizations that offer free courses benefit from the platform.
- Businesses of all sizes that train their internal staff. You can set up courses, workshops, and discussion groups for training.
- Businesses that want to market courses for clients. You don’t need any training or technical skills to create professional courses you can brand for paying customers.
Course Creation Process on LearnWorlds
The LearnWorlds Academy offers a free training course that helps course builders develop their content.
Start by noting your goals and the material you want to include in your courses and learning activities.
Then follow the step-by-step instructions LearnWorlds supplies. These cover:
- Course development basics
- Creating sections and learning activities
- Developing e-books
- Inserting videos
- Uploading PDF files
- Inserting audio files
- Add embeddable features
- Tracking student performance with questionnaires
- Incorporating certificates of knowledge and completion
- Communicating with learners and groups
- Drip feeding courses
- Establishing a course dashboard
- Setting up and customizing courses
- Selling courses
- Managing multiple courses
- Including instructors in your school
Page Building on LearnWorlds
Page building on LearnWorlds keeps getting better.
The latest, simplified version of the tool is more powerful and user-friendly than any other page builder we have tried.
The page builder provides you with all the tools you need to build landing pages, courses, thank you, and other zones, all of which combine to create a successful online school.
The realm of possibilities and varied functionalities of the LearnWorlds webpage builder depends on the plan you select.
- Starter – A custom domain, one admin, a built-in community, four payment gateways, coupons, basic integrations, free SSL certification, and 24/5 e-mail support. It allows unlimited paid courses for which you pay $5 for each one sold, drip-feed courses, but no free courses. It includes only three site builder pages and two pop-ups.
- Pro Trainer – All of the above except no transaction fees, five admins/instructors, and free access to the LearnWorlds Academy. You’ll get unlimited courses, landing pages, and pop-ups, a fully customizable course player and checkout page, and a complete website builder with a blog. It also includes subscriptions and memberships, installments, custom certificates, live classes and webinars via Zoom and Webex, advanced Zapier and premium integrations, 10 SCORM/multimedia files, file assignments, affiliate management, question banks, and 24/7 priority e-mail support.
- Learning Center – The above with 20 admins/instructors, full white-label options, bulk-user actions, interactive video features with auto-transcripts and subtitles, Multiple Zoom/Webex accounts, and unlimited SCORM/multimedia files. You get user segments, progress reports, course insights, advanced affiliate management, API and webhook integrations, single sign-on, one-hour premium onboarding, 24/7 premium support, and a custom iOS/Android App (for an extra fee).
Below are examples of how the LearnWorlds page builder looks. You can see that the design template specifies each element of the page.
This level of detail makes it very easy to customize pages. You also have the opportunity to create multiple pages in many different ways.
When you edit a specific element, a dashboard will pop out on the side, allowing you to edit that particular element with greater precision.
You can also use the page builder to create various pop-ups – limited to two on the Starter Plan.
Another benefit of the LearnWorlds page builder is that users can alternate between optimizing their designs for desktop, mobile, or tablet viewing.
Key LearnWorlds Benefits
Some of the key benefits of the LearnWorlds platform include the extensive webpage builder, the comprehensive course builder, and the powerful marketing tools that are available via the platform.
In addition, integrations enable essential analytics for all plans, while only the higher-priced plans incorporate reports.
Extensive Webpage Builder
LearnWorlds extensive webpage builder is at the heart of the platform and comes with incredible design capabilities.
The choice of templates is mind-boggling, and our only challenge was choosing the best of the bunch to meet our needs.
There are also many different types of layouts from which to choose, and it’s brilliant to be able to mix and match them at the click of a button.
Whether you know what you are looking for or need good ideas, you will find the variety of layout types inspirational. The choices are impressive, including:
- Hero templates that contain concise messages and clear, convincing calls to action
- Page layouts that display tempting special offers guaranteed to convert customers
- Designs that enable you to share impressive testimonials and compelling quotations
- Proven templates for presenting course modules and training options
- Calendars and countdown timers
Preview your design work and make changes to transform your site instantly.
You are either planning to offer courses, or you already have courses that you plan to offer online.
Either way, the LearnWorlds course builder is a powerful tool to help you develop your content and create learning material you can customize.
You will need content – such as PDFs, audio files, videos, course outlines – and a plan of action. Then you’ll need to choose the type of course you’re going to create.
LearnWords offers free online course outline templates and 18 different course categories you can choose from, including:
- Assessment courses to help students assess their skills
- Orientation courses that give an overview of what you offer
- Professional training courses including team building
- Certification courses that provide validation
- Live courses which might include discussions
- Workshops where instructors demonstrate skills
- Mini-courses that serve as teasers
Course Builder makes the rest simple by walking you through the course creation process as described earlier.
Marketing & Sales
The robust sales and marketing tools LearnWorlds offers will enable you to grow your audience quickly and efficiently.
The platform provides a complete e-commerce solution that you can use for promotion, sales, and affiliate management. You can:
- Use promotions and coupons with funnels and high-converting sales pages
- Sell course bundles, memberships, subscriptions, and any other course-related opportunities
- Embrace the advanced affiliate management options LearnWorlds offers to build partnerships and encourage others to help you by generating leads to increase sales
The integrations available with all the plans extend the choice of tools that the platform includes.
Reports & Analytics
Learning analytics will help you understand your website users and enable you to make data-based decisions.
They will give you a clear picture of student progress, completion rates, exam results, marketing campaigns, and more.
The most efficient way to access learning analytics for a LearnWorlds operation is to use the platform’s user progress reports.
However, like the valuable course insight reports, these reports are only available with the Learning Center and corporate plans.
The alternative is to use analytics integrations that are available with LearnWorlds. The LearnWorlds Help Center recommends:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel
There are so many learning resources available from LearnWorlds that it’s challenging to identify the best of them.
Still, the free LearnWorlds e-books library is a great place to start. Titles include ten free e-books and checklists that cover:
- Selling and marketing online courses
- Video-based learning
- E-mail templates and e-mail marketing
- Affiliate marketing
They will help you build course sales funnels, improve e-mail marketing, create instructional videos, and design course content to sell.
The free step-by-step guide for course building is another fantastic resource. In addition, there are lots of interactive videos to help you master new skills.
The student experience is something that you can control using LearnWorlds.
Of course, it won’t happen without your input and creativity. But the features LearnWorlds offers can help you get it right.
Features you can use to improve student experience include:
- The uncluttered dashboard is easy for students to use
- Interactive learning helps students improve results
- The inclusion of course groups adds value for all students
- Certificates of Knowledge and Certificates of Completion provide students with tangible proof of learning
- E-learning is a proven way for students to earn knowledge online without unnecessary limitations of the physical world
LearnWorlds Costs Overview
The LearnWorlds platform is affordable, even though the plan most suitable for companies is quite expensive.
The Starter Plan starts at $29 per month, increasing to $299 for the Learning Center Plan. There are four plans, and the High Volume & Corporate Plan price is only available on request. This plan tailors pricing options to individual customers.
You can purchase any plans at a discount of up to 20% as long as you select the annual payment option.
Only the Starter Plan carries a transaction fee. This transaction fee comes in the form of a $5 charge for each course sold.
- Starter Plan – $29 if paid monthly, $24 if paid annually (17.2% off).
- Pro Trainer Plan – $99 if paid monthly, $79 if paid annually (20% off).
- Learning Center Plan – $299 if paid monthly, $249 if paid annually (16.7% off).
- High Volume & Corporate Plan – Custom
The Pro Trainer Plan is the most cost-effective for small and medium-sized businesses. However, LearnWorlds indicates that the Learning Center Plan is the most popular.
Both will be more cost-effective if you opt for annual rather than the monthly billing.
Starter$24 Monthly If Paid Annually
$5 Transaction Fee
Unlimited Paid Courses (No Free Courses)
Pro Trainer$79 Monthly If Paid Annually
No Transaction Fees
Unlimited Paid & Free Courses
Learning Center$249 Monthly If Paid Annually
No Transaction Fees
∞ Pages & Courses
Premium Features & Priority Support
LearnWorlds isn’t the only platform that you can use to create and sell online courses from your website. We’ve tried a few others and have evaluated some of them. Here are six others we’d like you to check out:
While these various platforms are different from LearnWorlds, they will all enable you to host online courses. You’ll need to assess the features offered by each to see if any are more suitable for your needs than LearnWorlds. Also, evaluate costs, features, resources, and customer support.
Recommendations with LearnWorlds
Whichever LearnWorlds plan appeals to you, we recommend that you make use of the 30-day free trial before committing to any type of investment.
Then work through the system and create a course to get a good idea of whether it’s likely to work and sell.
Even if you only make a mini version of what you want, it will help you gauge whether your investment is likely to be worthwhile.
The other recommendation we feel strongly about is getting a custom domain that will provide more consistent branding for your online school.
You can get a LearnWorlds subdomain with the free trial. It’s worth noting that ultimately, to look professional, you will need a custom domain.
Is There a Free LearnWorlds Plan?
LearnWorlds doesn’t have a free plan, but it offers free 30-day trials for the Starter, Pro Trainer, and Learning Center plans.
The best part is that you don’t need a credit card to access a free trial. Just sign up and get going.
Does LearnWorlds Support SCORM?
Yes, LearnWorlds supports SCORM, an e-learning standard for educational content. This compatibility is a real advantage when packaging content for online learning. It allows you to create content once and then use it in many different situations without modifying it.
Of course, you aren’t obliged to use SCORM, but if you are a professional training company, it will likely be well worthwhile investing in SCORM-based courses.
Are There Any LearnWorlds Discounts?
LearnWorlds offers discounts in the form of reduced annual billing. For example, you can save $60 by paying once a year for the Starter Plan and $240 (20%) by making an annual payment for the Pro Trainer Plan.
In addition, you can save a whopping $600 if you opt for yearly billing on the Learning Center Plan, which is a 16.7% discount.
What Kind of Courses Can I Sell on LearnWorlds?
You can sell any kind of course you like on LearnWorlds. This range includes traditional academic courses, workshops, certification courses, and professional training courses.
So, for example, you can create courses that will teach people to write, sing, dance, do professional makeup, or design and make clothing. Whatever course you create, you can sell it on LearnWords.
There is no doubt that LearnWorlds is a top online platform for creating, marketing, and selling online courses and establishing online schools.
It offers affordable plans that allow users to start small and grow.
It also enables users to create a meaningful business that will add educational value for students and make a good income stream for school owners.
LearnWorlds has its pros and cons, but our objective assessment is that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
As a result, we have no hesitation in recommending the platform to a broad range of operators who need a reliable platform to offer courses and training opportunities.
The resources and processes for developing courses and website pages using the LearnWorlds platform are powerful and superior in many ways to other platforms we have tried.
There is also a choice of plans that will suit every budget and the full range of business needs.