Systeme.io has a blogging feature where you can create full websites and include a blog if you wish.
All aspects of the blog are customizable. From the site pages and blog posts to page elements, use the drag-and-drop tool to get it looking exactly how you choose.
- You can create blogs in Systeme.io
- First, set up the blog website and add pages
- Add unlimited blog posts
How to Create a Blog in Systeme.io (Step by Step)
The blog builder is important in Systeme.io because the feature doubles up as a website creator. So whether you want to create a fully-fledged blog or you want to have an information-based website, this is how you do it.
Step 1: Log into your Systeme.io account and click on Blogs at the top of the page.
Step 2: To make a new blog, hit the blue Create button in the top right corner. Next, you will need to give your blog a name and select the domain for it. If you have connected a custom domain, you can choose it from the dropdown menu. If you have no custom domain, Systeme.io will generate one for you.
The system will also generate a URL path for your blog, but you can customize it here if you wish.
Step 3: Before you hit Save, you must select a blog template from the available range. If you want a closer look at each one, you can select Preview, which will open a new tab with the template on view.
It’s important to note that you cannot start from a blank page. You have to use a template, although, as you will see, you can fully customize it.
Once your template is chosen, hit Save
Step 4: Now, you will see your new blog listed under the Blogs tab. If and when you create additional blogs, they will display here as a list. To get into the editing menu, click on the blog name.
Step 5: You will now see a series of options displayed, plus a number of blog posts. The blog posts are part of the template and serve as a foundation to create your content (we’ll cover blog posts a little further on).
For the moment, we’re going to concentrate on the website itself. In the top right corner, you will see a series of options:
- Blog layout: Opens the editing tool so you can customize the blog page of your site.
- View blog: Opens a preview of the entire site.
- Blog settings: Allows you to adjust the domain, blog, and URL names and change the language to something other than English.
Additionally, you will also note three tabs on the left side of the screen titled Posts, Pages, and Categories.
To edit the blog site itself, select Pages and click on the site page you wish to customize.
Step 6: You are now in the editing tool for your blog site. This is where you can customize the site by dragging and dropping elements onto the editing window.
You’ll notice that you can add elements for text, layout, forms, media, and social. Once you have added an element to the page, you can click on it to bring up the editing sub-menu. Click on the cog icon, and the editing options will open up on the left side of the screen.
There is also another menu tab on the left hand side called Blocks. This is a series of additional pre-built templates that you can add to your site. For example, you can choose from a selection of forms, feature lists, price plans, and more.
Each block can be edited, of course, but it does act as a great time saver because most of the work is already done for you.
When you are satisfied with your work, hit Save Changes in the top right corner. Then, repeat the process for the rest of your site pages.
Step 7: Before you start creating blog posts, you must add some categories. This helps Google and other search engines find and display category pages in search results. Additionally, it organizes your content neatly and makes it easy to find.
For example, if you have a cookery blog, you might want to add categories for “recipes,” “baking techniques,” “cooking equipment,” and so on.
In the Categories tab, select Create from the right-hand side. A pop-up will appear, inviting you to add the category name, URL, and description. Here you can also add the SEO title and description (this is where you will add any keywords you have chosen for the page).
Now, whenever you create a new blog post, you can add it to the relevant category (more on this below).
How to Create a Blog Post in Systeme.io (Step by Step)
The process for adding posts to your blog is much the same as creating and editing the site’s pages. The great news is that you can add unlimited blog posts no matter which Systeme.io plan you are on (including the free one).
Step 1: First, make sure you’re in the Posts tab of your blog. As we mentioned previously, a series of template blog posts are available to you. You can either select one of these to edit or click on the Create button to make a new one.
Step 2: Once the editing tool opens, you will notice you have all the elements and block options at your disposal. Just like the site pages, you can drag and drop elements and block and edit them individually until you are happy with your blog post. When ready, hit Save Changes.
Step 3: Back in the Posts tab, you need to do a few more things to get your blog post ready. To the right of each blog post are three dots. Click on them and select Settings from the menu that appears.
Here you can give your blog post a title and description along with a thumbnail image and URL path. Note that the title and description are also used as metadata to help you get your blog posts seen in search results.
Step 4: Finally, scroll to the bottom of the popup, and you will see an option to assign a category for your blog post. Tick the relevant one, hit Save, and you’re done.
What Can You Add to a Systeme.io Blog?
We’ve already touched briefly on the different elements and blocks you can add to your site pages and blog posts. Here’s a little more detail about them:
- Pop-Ups: Popups can be added for numerous reasons. Whether you want to capture data, announce a promotion, or display other information. You can create a popup to appear on your pages and posts.
- Price Plans: If you are selling services or digital content, you can use the price plan block to quickly create tiered pricing for your offer. Connect with a payment provider like Stripe to allow customers to pay.
- Forms and surveys: Essential for data capture or gaining leads, embed a form or survey onto any of your posts and pages.
- Video and Audio: Bring life to your blog by adding video and audio files. You can either host your content on Systeme.io and add it to your blog, or you can host it elsewhere (YouTube, for example) and add it via a URL.
- Facebook Comments: This element can be added anywhere on your blog and lets visitors add comments. Then, the comments will appear directly on your Facebook page.
- Testimonials: If customer reviews are important for your blog or business, you can add the testimonial element to display them.
- Countdown timer: Handy for time-sensitive things such as promotions and sales. Add a countdown timer to the page to create a sense of urgency.
You Might Also Like:
Frequently Asked Questions
You can create blogs on Systeme.io. How many blogs depend on the plan you are subscribed to. For example, the free plan lets you create one blog, while the unlimited plan lets you create as many as you like.