Custom Fields lets you ask and capture information about a lead.
After completion, you can view their answers and follow up with the lead.
You can create custom fields and use them in Surveys and Forms.
- All subscription plans can create and use custom fields
- After a prospect has submitted their information, you can use Workflows to follow up
GoHighLevel Custom Fields Overview
GoHighLevel contains 15 standard field options that you can use to request information from your prospects.
These include fields such as Names, Emails, Phone Numbers, Date of Birth, and Addresses.
If, however, you need different information that the provided standard fields do not cover, you will need to create a custom field.
These can then be added to your surveys and forms to gain more information.
After you’ve created a custom field, it will be saved, and you’ll be able to access it in the drag-and-drop editors when creating lead forms and surveys.
When to Use GoHighLevel Custom Fields
You can use GoHighLevel Custom Fields when creating forms and surveys.
Once the prospect has submitted the information, you can create a Workflow to follow up with customized marketing and call scheduling campaigns to move the prospect down the pipeline.
A few ways businesses can use them:
- Gym or fitness programs – You could create a custom field asking what the prospect’s goals are; then, when you follow up with them, you can respond with a tailored offer.
- Dental and chiropractic leads – A simple question such as the price willing to pay can help you segment the higher and lower value leads.
- Roofing companies – Ask specific questions about the type of roof using drop-down boxes to ensure you can provide services to the client.
The surveys and forms with the custom fields can then be embedded onto your lead or site page for prospects to fill out.
How to Add GoHighLevel Custom Fields
How to add custom fields:
- From your dashboard, navigate to the subaccount where you want to add a custom field.
- Then on the left-hand side of the page, select Sites.
- Once redirected, click the cog icon, which can be found to the right of the tabs section.
- Now, on the left-hand side of the screen, select Custom Fields.
- To add a new one, click + Add Field in the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear where you can select from the following:
- Text input
- Choosing options
- When you’ve chosen, select Next.
- To complete your custom field, fill out the rest of the information and select any additional preferences.
- When you’ve completed this section, click the Save button.
- Your custom field has now been created.
You’ll now be able to find your new custom fields modules on your dashboard. Moreover, when you are creating Surveys and Forms, the custom field you made will also be available for input.
Frequently Asked Questions
To delete a GoHighLevel Custom Field, go to the sub-account that has it > Select Sites > Click the cog icon to the right of the tabs > Click Custom Fields > Find the custom field that you want to delete and check the box > Click on Bulk Actions > On the drop-down menu, click Delete > To confirm select OK > It will now be deleted.
To create a GoHighLevel Custom Field, navigate to your subaccount > Select Sites > Click on the cog icon > Select Custom Fields > Click on the + Add Field button > Complete the first pop-up, and then fill out the second section with more details > Select next after each step > The custom field will now have been completed.
Custom Fields are information boxes you create to request unique information from a prospect when they complete a Survey or Form. Unlike standard fields automatically generated by GoHighLevel, Custom Fields allow you to ask anything and are much more specific and valuable.
Custom Fields allow you to request much more information from your leads, which means you can segment them and deliver more personalized marketing messages. It also means that you understand their needs better if you schedule a call.