Kajabi is not HIPAA compliant and is not expected to become HIPAA compliant at any point.
Therefore, you cannot use the platform to collect or store any personal health information.
- Kajabi is not HIPAA compliant and has no plans to become so
- You cannot use Kajabi to collect and store personal health data
- Kajabi is not a suitable platform for anyone operating in the personal health industry
Why Isn’t Kajabi HIPAA Compliant?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) protects clients’ medical information behind at least two layers of security.
Kajabi is not HIPAA compliant and states on its terms of service that it has no plans to become so. It is unclear why Kajabi has decided not to become HIPAA compliant, as it does not disclose this information.
Can I Collect and Store Personal Health Information on Kajabi?
Kajabi expressly states in its terms of service that:
“You may not use the Product to collect, store, or process any protected health information subject to HIPAA, any applicable health privacy regulation, or any other applicable law governing the processing, use, or disclosure of health information.”
In other words, you cannot use Kajabi for any kind of health-related information. If you do so, you will be violating their terms of service, which could land you in legal trouble.
Is Kajabi Suitable for Personal Health Products and Services?
- If you plan to collect any of the following information from your customers, Kajabi is not for you. HIPAA prevents the non-compliant sites from the collection and storage of:
- Treatment and diagnosis information
- Medical test results
- Prescription information
- National identification numbers
- Demographic information such as birth dates, gender, ethnicity, contact, and emergency contact information
A good example for a business that could not use Kajabi is a business that sells prescription eyewear or dental products.
Ultimately, any type of medical or health business will not be suitable for Kajabi. Instead, you must seek out HIPAA-compliant alternatives such as Paradiso, Braincert, or Dokeos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Paradiso, Braincert, and Dokeos are all HIPAA-compliant alternatives to Kajabi. Each platform offers LMS and course-hosting platforms specifically for the health and medical industries.