There are plenty of platforms available that let you build and run coaching businesses and sell related products.
Whether you’re looking for a dedicated coaching platform or additional features such as course-building and marketing tools, we have curated this list to include the very best options.
|Platform||Plans Cost from||Free Trial or Plan?|
|1. Kajabi||$149/month||30-day trial|
|2. LearnWorlds||$29/month||30-day trial|
|3. Mighty Networks||$39/month||14-day trial|
|4. Thinkific||$49/month||Free plan|
|5. GoHighLevel||$97/month||14-day trial|
|6. ClickFunnels 2.0||$147/month||14-day trial|
|7. Podia||$39/month||Free plan|
|8. Paperbell||$57/month||Free plan|
|9. NudgeCoach||$60/month||Free plan|
|10. CoachVantage||$29/month||14-day trial|
Kajabi is a course creation and marketing platform with sophisticated, high-quality features. The platform provides everything you need to build a successful coaching business and run campaigns to promote it.
Kajabi Coaching Features
- 0% transaction fee on all sales
- Customizable templates available for coaching sites
- Live video streaming for coaching sessions supported
- Upload pre-recorded video and audio files
- Appointment scheduling tool
- Full marketing suite, including funnels and automated emails
- Flexible payment structures allowed
- Create courses, digital products, and communities to support your coaching
Kajabi Pros and Cons for Coaching
- Kajabi is one of the most comprehensive and reliable platforms for coaching and courses.
- It’s easy to use and quick to set up.
- You get a full suite of marketing tools included in the price.
- Native live streaming makes holding one-to-one sessions easy.
- You can manage all your clients, payments, and sessions from a single platform.
- The price is high compared with other platforms
Kajabi has three price plans available:
- Basic Plan: $149/month or $119/month paid annually
- Growth Plan: $199/month or $159/month paid annually
- Pro Plan: $399/month or $319/month paid annually
LearnWorlds is a comprehensive course-building platform. SCORM-compliant, it is one of the best tools in this list for creating assessments and quizzes. The platform also has a unique interactive video feature that cannot be found anywhere else.
LearnWorlds Coaching Features
- 0% transaction fees on all sales.
- Build your website using the templates and editing tools.
- The platform supports live video streaming via Zoom or Webex.
- You get interactive video elements to enhance your sessions.
- There is a full assessment, exam, and certification creation tool.
- You can run one-to-one and group sessions.
- Flexible payment structures such as bundles, subscriptions, and more.
- Build full courses to support your coaching sessions.
LearnWorlds Pros and Cons for Coaching
- The interactive video feature adds interest and excitement to your sessions.
- LearnWorlds has one of the best assessment and exam creation tools.
- The platform is SCORM compliant.
- You can create lots of self-learning tools for your students such as learning diaries, quizzes, e-books, and more.
- The platform lacks marketing tools such as funnels and an email campaign builder.
- It does not have native video streaming; instead, you must connect with a third-party app.
LearnWorlds has four price plans available:
- Starter Plan: $29/month or $24/month paid annually
- Pro Trainer Plan: $84.15/month or $79/month paid annually
- Learning Center Plan: $254.15/month or $249/month paid annually
- High Volume/Corporate: Bespoke pricing
Mighty Networks is a full community-based platform that provides all the tools necessary to build thriving communities. The possibilities within your community are endless. Create courses, hold coaching sessions, facilitate learning groups, and more.
Mighty Networks Coaching Features
- Create a dedicated community with spaces for coaching sessions.
- Host live events or jump into the live room at any time.
- Create group or one-to-one chat sessions.
- Add structured course material to support your coaching.
- Add paid spaces within your community to increase revenue.
- The platform supports native video uploads.
Mighty Networks Pros and Cons for Coaching
- The social media style interface is perfect for coaching products with high interaction needs.
- You can create unlimited free and paid spaces within your community, allowing you to easily scale your coaching business.
- Each space can be customized to suit your coaching needs.
- Set up and promote live events or surprise your members with an impromptu live session.
- Mighty Networks charges a transaction fee on all sales.
- Both plans limit the number of live streaming hours you can have each month.
- You can only create courses if you subscribe to the Business plan.
Mighty Networks Pricing
Mighty Networks has three price plans available:
- Community Plan: $39/month or $33/month paid annually
- Business Plan: $119/month or $99/month paid annually
- Mighty Pro Plan: Bespoke pricing
Thinkific is a platform built exclusively for designing courses and learning products. You get an impressive range of course and community-building tools, including quizzes, live streaming, and more. You can also use the app store to connect with your favorite tools.
Thinkific Coaching Features
- 0% transaction fees on all sales.
- The platform supports native live streaming, or you can connect with Zoom.
- You can create and issue certificates from the platform.
- Support your coaching with video, audio, PDF, and presentation uploads.
- Use the community feature to gather your students in one place and hold live events.
- The platform directly integrates with a large number of third party apps.
- Thinkific has an integrated payment processor.
Thinkific Pros and Cons for Coaching
- You can get started risk-free thanks to its free plan.
- The integrated payment system removes the need to use third-party apps.
- The native streaming feature makes running live sessions simple.
- The quizzes, surveys, and certification tool lets you add more variety to your sessions.
- The platform does not include any marketing tools beyond creating a website.
- Live session capabilities are not available on the Free or Basic plans.
Thinkific has four price plans available:
- Free Plan: Free for life
- Basic Plan: $49/month or $36/month paid annually
- Start Plan: $99/month or $74/month paid annually
- Grow Plan: $199/month or $149/month paid annually
GoHighLevel is one of the most comprehensive CRM and marketing platforms available. You get an impressive set of tools and automation capabilities for your coaching business, and most can be used on an unlimited basis.
GoHighLevel Coaching Features
- There are unlimited calendars and automated scheduling and payment processing.
- You can take on unlimited clients and customers.
- Integrate with Zoom for holding live sessions.
- You get a course and membership area creation tool.
- You can use sophisticated automation tools for appointment booking, lead nurturing, and running marketing campaigns.
- Call, text, email, and social media message direct from GoHighLevel.
- You get comprehensive and highly advanced marketing tools.
GoHighLevel Pros and Cons for Coaching
- All diary management and scheduling can be fully automated.
- Use the booking bot to automatically connect with your clients and confirm appointments.
- Take payments upfront to avoid no-shows.
- Most features within GoHighLevel are unlimited including clients and courses.
- You get a huge number of tools for the price.
- Its course-building tools are quite basic compared with other platforms.
- No native streaming capabilities.
- The platform requires a large learning curve.
GoHighLevel has two price plans available:
- Agency Starter Plan: $97/month or $970 paid annually
- Agency Unlimited Plan: $297/month or $2,970 paid annually
ClickFunnels 2.0 is an established sales and marketing platform with features to help you build and sell courses and coaching products. Additionally, you can use the platform to sell digital and physical products and perform effective CRM.
ClickFunnels 2.0 Coaching Features
- Use the webinar broadcast room for live coaching sessions.
- You get plenty of templates to create your coaching site, landing page, sales funnel, and more.
- Create courses and membership sites for your coaching students.
- The platform features a full marketing suite for automated email campaigns and sales funnels.
- Use the e-commerce feature to increase revenue through physical and digital product sales.
ClickFunnels 2.0 Pros and Cons for Coaching
- The platform does not take a cut from your sales revenue.
- ClickFunnels 2.0 is a reliable and highly respected platform with robust tools.
- The platform has sophisticated marketing tools to make promoting your coaching easy.
- The live broadcast feature makes it simple to connect with your clients.
- Test out new ideas with the A/B split testing feature.
- The number of courses and students you can have is limited on all plans.
- The pricing is expensive compared to other platforms.
- You must use third-party software if you want a calendar and scheduling tool.
ClickFunnels 2.0 Pricing
ClickFunnels 2.0 has three price plans available:
- Basic Plan: $147/month or $127/month paid annually
- Pro Plan: $197/month or $157/month paid annually
- Funnel Hacker Plan: $297/month or $208/month paid annually
Podia is a platform where you can create and sell digital products such as courses, downloads, communities, webinars, and more. Additionally, Podia provides marketing tools to help you promote and sell your offers.
Podia Coaching Features
- Set up and sell coaching products and courses, and digital downloads.
- Email marketing is included with all plans.
- Connect with Zoom or YouTube Live to host live sessions.
- Customizable and flexible templates for website and course building.
- Flexible payment options including subscriptions and one-time fees.
- Community space included to bring your coaching members together in one place.
Podia Pros and Cons for Coaching
- Get started with zero investment thanks to its free plan.
- Zero transaction fees on all paid plans.
- Members, sessions, downloads, and courses are all unlimited on the paid plans.
- The platform is easy to use and beginner-friendly.
- The platform does not have its own scheduling tool.
- The live webinar feature is only available on the top-tier plan.
Podia has three price plans available:
- Free Plan: Free for life, though you pay an 8% transaction fee on all sales
- Mover Plan: $39/month or $33/month paid annually
- Shaker Hacker Plan: $89/month or $75/month paid annually
Paperbell is dedicated coaching software with all the features necessary to set up and run coaching products. Whether you want to run live sessions or include more course-based content, Paperbell will let you do this.
Paperbell Coaching Features
- Full native scheduling tool with automation capabilities
- Native payment processor with flexible charging options
- Official coaching contracts with e-signatures delivery
- Full client management dashboard with purchase and appointment history
- Custom landing page creation tool
- Set up and selling of digital downloads
- Dedicated portal for coaching clients
Paperbell Pros and Cons for Coaching
- You can get started with a free account.
- The scheduling tool is comprehensive and eliminates the need to use a third-party tool.
- The ability to create official contracts is very useful.
- You have a lot of options for charging your clients including subscriptions, setup fees, discounts, etc.
- No native live streaming–you must connect with a third-party app such as Zoom to run live sessions.
- No course creation feature and limited marketing tools.
Paperbell has one pricing option available along with a free plan:
- Free Plan: Free for life
- Paid Plan: $57/month or $47.50/month paid annually
NudgeCoach is a 100% app-based coaching platform. Rather than run courses via a desktop app, clients use the mobile app to take part in learning modules, message their coach, and track habits.
NudgeCoach Coaching Features
- Create interactive content cards for easy modular learning.
- Quickly converse with and coach your clients via text.
- Use habit and activity trackers to monitor progress and reach goals.
- Created automated learning sequences for your members to follow.
- Manage everything from a single dashboard.
- Create assessments and forms for members to complete.
NudgeCoach Pros and Cons for Coaching
- Get started without investment by using the free plan.
- A simplistic platform perfect for more hands-off coaching solutions.
- Trackers are perfect for goal-based coaching products such as weight loss.
- Easily accessible for users since it is a mobile app.
- No live streaming capabilities
- Lacks marketing and scheduling tools
- May be too basic for many coaching needs
NudgeCoach has four pricing options available:
- Free Plan: Free for life
- Grow Plan: $60/month or $300 paid annually
- Scale Plan: $100/month or $999 paid annually
- White-Label Plan: Bespoke pricing
CoachVantage is all-in-one coaching software designed specifically for coaching products and sessions. It has a large number of features including native scheduling, e-contracts, automated enrollment, and more.
CoachVantage Coaching Features
- Customizable signup page templates for your coaching products
- Online contract creation with e-signature capabilities
- Automatic client enrollment and access
- Smart scheduling tool including automated reminders and two-way calendar sync
- Full coaching logs and analytics for each of your clients
- Create forms and questionnaires
- Supports live streaming via Zoom
CoachVantage Pros and Cons for Coaching
- Clients can self enroll thanks to the smart booking calendar.
- Keep your business protected with the use of electronic contracts and signatures.
- The coaching logs are comprehensive and include the number of completed hours.
- The platform supports client invoicing as well as direct payments.
- Clients can log in via a branded portal.
- No native live streaming capabilities
- Lacks marketing tools and has no email feature
It is clear there is plenty of choice when it comes to the number of platforms that support coaching sessions and products.
Overall, we feel that Kajabi ticks the most boxes. While it isn’t the cheapest option, it does support vital coaching features such as native live streaming, advanced course creation, appointment scheduling, and more.
With our exclusive link, you can also take advantage of an extended Kajabi 30-day free trial
Frequently Asked Questions
Kajabi is the best platform for online coaching businesses. It features everything required to run coaching sessions, including a native scheduler and video streaming, detailed course-building tools, and a full suite of marketing options.
While Kajabi is a fantastic coaching platform for beginners, its prices may be prohibitive to newcomers. Podia is an alternative option which is very beginner friendly. Plus it has a free plan so it can be tried without risk.
Thinkific, Podia, Paperbell, and NudgeCoach are coaching tools that offer free-for-life plans where you can use the features on a limited basis. To gain full capabilities of each platform, you must upgrade to a paid plan.
Kajabi is one of the best options for live streaming because its platform provides a reliable and stable native streaming feature. LearnWorlds is also a great platform for live streaming, thanks to its unique interactive video feature.
NudgeCoach is a fully app-based coaching platform that lets you create interactive learning modules and text-based coaching sessions for your clients.