ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform for marketing, creating, hosting, and delivering products and services.
However, for many businesses that require only a website builder and basic builders, ClickFunnels 2.0 may be excessive and overpriced; therefore, they may want to consider SquareSpace.
- ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform that supports the marketing and sales of all products and services.
- SquareSpace is a website solution for businesses to market their products and sell online.
Main Differences Between ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace
Here are the key differences that prospective ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace customers should know before selecting a platform:
- Pricing – ClickFunnels 2.0 is considerably more expensive than SquareSpace, as its entry-plan costs $147 per month compared to SquareSpace’s at $16 per month.
- Online Presence – SquareSpace has a website builder, whereas ClickFunnels 2.0 has a website, landing page, and funnel builder.
- Digital Products – Although both platforms have courses and membership site products, ClickFunnels 2.0’s are more advanced than SquareSpace’s.
- E-Commerce – SquareSpace’s e-commerce tools support large product catalogs, such as a clothing company’s product line, better than ClickFunnels 2.0.
- Automation – ClickFunnels 2.0 has a fantastic automation tool named Workflows, which enables customers to link all their assets together; in contrast, SquareSpace lacks native automation tools.
|Starting Price||$147 per month||$16 per month|
|Discounts||$240-$3,468 per year||Up to 25% per year|
|Type of Platform||All-in-one||Website builder|
|Native Builders||Landing pages, funnels, websites||Websites|
|Native Digital Products Supported||Courses, membership sites||Courses, membership sites|
|Native E-Commerce Solution||✅||✅|
|Native Email Marketing||✅||✅|
|Integrations and API Access||✅||✅|
What Are ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace?
ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform for companies to market and sell their products and services.
The platform provides users with the following features:
- Landing pages
- Membership sites
- Email marketing
The wide range of tools makes ClickFunnels 2.0 to almost all industries, which include:
SquareSpace is primarily a website builder that supports course and membership site creation.
Moreover, the platform provides users with email marketing tools, templates, and integrations.
The website tool can be designed for the following purposes:
- Lead generation
- Scheduling and booking
- Digital products
Pros and Cons of ClickFunnels 2.0
- All Products and Services – The platform has great features that support the sale of every type of service, digital and physical product.
- Annual Discount – ClickFunnels 2.0 gives users an annual discount of between $240-$3,468 per year.
- 44 Days Risk-Free – Prospective businesses can combine the ClickFunnels 2.0 14-day free trial with its 30-day money-back guarantee to test the platform for 44 days risk-free.
- Pricing – ClickFunnels 2.0 is an expensive platform, as its entry-level subscription plan costs $147 per month.
- Overwhelming – Because the platform has so many features and tools, it can take new users some time to get familiar with all the builders.
Pros and Cons of SquareSpace
- Pricing – SquareSpace’s entry-level subscription is free, which gives new users a great opportunity to test the platform without paying.
- Versatile – The platform’s websites can be customized to suit all industries, including e-commerce stores, coaching, eLearning, membership sites, and restaurants.
- Transaction Fees – SquareSpace users must be subscribed to the Commerce plan or above to not be charged its 3% transaction fee on all sales.
- Funnels and Automation – The platform doesn’t have a specific funnel tool and no real automation features. If a business requires them, they must purchase and integrate a third-party platform.
Use Experience: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
ClickFunnels 2.0 has an easy-to-navigate layout and design; users can select an asset they’d like to create and get started.
The platform uses drag-and-drop editors and templates, as well as giving users directions and instructions for creating assets.
Because ClickFunnels 2.0 has the Workflows tools (automation), businesses can easily connect all these websites, funnels, landing pages, courses, and membership sites into one flow.
SquareSpace also provides businesses with a great user experience.
On SquareSpace, the key difference is that courses and membership sites are created from within the website builder.
Users can then use the drag-and-drop builder to create assets and publish them.
Websites, Landing Pages, and Funnels: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a drag-and-drop website builder with these tools:
- Membership login page
- Mobile-responsive design
The platform enables businesses across all industries to create an online presence.
When users create a website on SquareSpace, they begin by selecting a template from the library.
The templates span all industries, including:
- One page
After selecting a template, subscribers can create a website quickly by using the drag-and-drop editor, switching out assets, and customization.
Users can add the following assets:
- Scheduling and bookings
- List products
- Member areas
- Custom domains
Even though SquareSpace is chiefly a website builder, we would say that it’s tied with ClickFunnels 2.0, and there is no clear winner of this comparison.
In contrast, SquareSpace doesn’t have a specific landing page builder, it is limited to websites only.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 hands down wins this landing page comparison.
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a comprehensive funnel builder that is designed to increase opt-ins and sales.
The platform does this by providing users with the following features:
- Recipes (templates)
- Drag-and-drop builder
On the other hand, SquareSpace doesn’t have a specific funnel tool. Users must use the limited tools on their website or a third-party platform to create them.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 wins this funnel comparison.
Digital Products: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
Courses and Membership Sites
ClickFunnels 2.0 has two native digital product tools: courses and memberships.
The course builder has the following tools:
- Recipes (templates)
- Drag-and-drop builder
- Video hosting
- Scheduled and dripped content
- Internal notes
- User permission settings
The ClickFunnels 2.0 membership site tool lets businesses create and sell access to content.
The platform has the following membership site features:
- Membership login area
- Video content
- Subscription billing
SquareSpace also has a membership site builder for users to gate and sell access to content.
The platform lets users choose between three billing methods:
- Fixed amount (one-time payment or multiple payments)
SquareSpace enables users to create paid courses using its membership site feature – they’re both within the same builder.
After a user has created a membership site, they can upload videos and schedule the content delivery.
As it’s hosted within the membership site features, course creators can host and deliver other types of content, including:
- Digital downloadables
After testing both platforms’ course and membership site features, we rated ClickFunnels 2.0 as the superior platform.
E-Commerce: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
ClickFunnels 2.0 supports creating and selling physical products in websites, landing pages, and funnels.
The platform also has a tool named Global Products, which is an area for businesses to create and list all of their products.
This feature lets users insert products into funnels with one click and will dynamically update them when live.
ClickFunnels 2.0 is fantastic for individual products, bundles, and subscriptions; however, it lacks the tools to support large product catalogs.
SquareSpace has many e-commerce tools for businesses to create fantastic websites and product listings.
Moreover, the platform has many e-commerce templates that suit many product lines.
Other features they have include:
- Product catalogs
- Print on demand integration
- Shipping options
When we compared the two platforms, we’d say that ClickFunnels 2.0 is best for single products and bundles, whereas SquareSpace is better for large product catalogs.
Marketing and Automation: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
Both ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace have email marketing tools with the following overlapping features:
- Email sequences and flows
- Purchase history
- Subscriber activity
We’d say that ClickFunnels 2.0 has the better set of email marketing tools as its builder is easier to use, offers more template options, and has more advanced analytics.
ClickFunnels 2.0’s automation tool is named Workflows, enabling businesses to connect all their assets.
Examples of assets that can be connected include landing pages, forms, websites, funnels with sales pages, and email marketing.
Moreover, ClickFunnels 2.0 users can connect and integrate third-party platforms within the workflows.
In contrast, SquareSpace has more limited automation tools and is limited to email marketing and enrolling customers into membership sites.
If a SquareSpace subscriber requires more advanced automation features, they’d need to use a third-party platform.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 wins the automation comparison.
Reporting and Analytics: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a fantastic suite of analytics and reporting tools.
Subscribers can view and generate reports for the following assets:
- Websites, landing pages, and funnels
- Conversion rates
- Average cart value
- Open rates
These tools give users a great chance to see how their business is performing and how they can react to change and improve assets.
SquareSpace essentially has the same analytics and reporting tools as ClickFunnels 2.0.
In addition to all of the previously mentioned analytics in the ClickFunnels 2.0 section, SquareSpace also has a powerful Traffic Sources reporting tool that shows businesses exactly where their website traffic is coming from.
We’d say that ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace’s reporting and analytics tools are tied.
Integrations: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
As ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform, businesses don’t necessarily have to integrate third-party platforms.
This means that they don’t offer an extensive range of direct integrations, but there are some available:
- ClickFunnels Classic
Despite the lack of native integrations, they do enable API access and for users to connect third-party platforms with Workflows or Zapier Webhooks.
SquareSpace has dozens of direct integration, which include:
- Scheduling block
- Events block
- Foursquare block
- Map block
- Apple News
- Apple Pay
- Social media
- Adobe Fonts
- Domains and email
- Google Domains
Moreover, SquareSpace enables API access for integrating with platforms that don’t have direct integrations.
Because SquareSpace has far more direct integrations, it hands down wins this integrations comparison.
Affordability: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs SquareSpace
ClickFunnels 2.0 offers customers three subscription plans:
All three plans have access to websites, funnels, landing pages, courses, memberships, workflows, and email marketing.
However, if users purchase a more expensive plan, they can create more of the previously mentioned assets.
SquareSpace has four subscription plans:
- The Personal Plan – $16 per month
- The Business Plan – $33 per month
- The Commerce Plan (Basic) – $36 per month
- The Commerce Plan (Advanced) – $65 per month
The key differences between the plans that subscribers should be aware of are:
- Transaction Fees – Users must be subscribed to the Commerce plan (Basic) or above to get 0% transaction fees on e-commerce.
- Custom Domains – Companies must be subscribed to the Business plan and above to use their custom domain for checkout pages.
- Advanced Tools – Subscribers to the Commerce plan (Advanced) gain access to Advanced Shipping, Advanced Discounting, and can charge users on a subscription basis.
When comparing the subscription plans, it’s clear that SquareSpace is the cheaper platform.
However, prospective customers should consider if they require any third-party subscriptions if they purchase SquareSpace.
This is an important consideration as ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform, which means no other third-party platforms or expenses are required.
Therefore, if you’re considering SquareSpace, we suggest that you add up all of the subscription plan costs before comparing it to ClickFunnels 2.0’s pricing.
For these reasons, we wouldn’t say either platform is the winner of the affordability category, as it’s completely dependent on a business’s needs.
After testing, reviewing, and comparing both ClickFunnels 2.0 and SquareSpace, we believe that ClickFunnels 2.0 is the superior platform.
This is because it has far more features and tools that are not available on SquareSpace, and where their tools do overlap, ClickFunnels 2.0 has the superior product.
Moreover, as an all-in-one platform, the pricing is clear and transparent – no other subscriptions are required.
We think SquareSpace is a good platform, but only if a user requires a cheaper website builder and wants to host a basic course or membership product.
Frequently Asked Questions
ClickFunnels 2.0 has more features, such as funnels, automation, and CRM tools. Where their features do overlap (websites, courses, and membership sites), ClickFunnels 2.0 has the superior tools.
We ranked ClickFunnels 2.0 as the better platform because it has more tools and advanced features. For example, SquareSpace only has a basic course, membership, and site builders, whereas ClickFunnels 2.0 has more advanced ones.
Yes, Sqaurespace’s entry-level subscription plan, the Personal plan, costs $16 per month. In contrast, ClickFunnels 2.0’s entry-level plan, the Basic plan, costs $147 per month. It should be noted that many SquareSpace users may need additional third-party platform subscriptions.
ClickFunnels 2.0 is our recommended platform as it has more advanced features and tools, such as funnels, landing pages, and automation. In contrast, SquareSpace only provides users with a basic website, course, and membership builder.
Yes, ClickFunnels 2.0 is easy to use since it provides users with drag-and-drop builders, descriptions, and tutorials when businesses create assets. SquareSpace is also easy; however, most users will need to connect third-party integrations, which makes it less smooth.
Yes, SquareSpace’s entry-level subscription is the Free plan. ClickFunnels 2.0 also gives users a chance to use the platform for 44 days risk-free, by combining the 14-day free trial with its 30-day money-back guarantee.