ClickFunnels 2.0 is a great all-in-one platform for hosting, marketing, and selling products and services.
The platform provides users with website, landing page, and funnel builders; email marketing, courses, membership sites, e-commerce, and automation.
However, many businesses may not require an all-in-one platform and are looking for an email marketing provider, for which they may want to consider MailChimp as an alternative platform.
- ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform for generating leads and selling products and services
- MailChimp is an email marketing platform for newsletters, advertising, and automating sequences
Main Differences Between ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp
Before a prospective customer makes a choice between selecting ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp, they should first be aware of some of their key differences:
- Primary Focus – ClickFunnels 2.0 is chiefly focused on marketing and selling products and services; in contrast, MailChimp is an email marketing tool but has other basic tools such as websites and landing pages.
- Pricing – MailChimp has a free plan available, whereas ClickFunnels 2.0’s entry-level plan starts at $147 per month.
- Digital Products – ClickFunnels 2.0 has course and membership site creation, hosting, and delivery tools. On the other hand, MailChimp does not have any native digital product tools.
- All-in-One – MailChimp is a standalone email marketing platform, meaning businesses will likely have to integrate it with other platforms to accomplish all business-related tasks; in contrast, ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform.
- Builders – ClickFunnels 2.0 has a comprehensive landing page, website, and funnel builder, whereas MailChimp only has basic website and sales page builders.
|Starting Price||$147 per month||Free plan available|
|Discounts||$240-$3,468 per year||One-month free trial (paid plans)|
|Type of Platform||All-in-one||Email Marketing|
|Native Builders||Landing pages, funnels, websites||Landing pages, websites|
|Native Digital Product Builders||Courses, membership sites||❌|
|Native E-Commerce Solution||✅||✅|
|Native Email Marketing||✅||✅|
|Integrations and API Access||✅||✅|
What Are ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp?
ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform with the following features:
The extensive range of tools enables businesses to market and sell all types of services and products.
MailChimp is chiefly an email marketing platform that provides businesses with the following tools:
- Drag-and-drop builder
- 300+ integrations
- Forms and landing pages
- A/B testing
Although it is primarily an email marketing platform, it also has a website builder that supports the sale of products and services.
Pros and Cons of ClickFunnels 2.0
- All-in-One – Because ClickFunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one platform, no other platforms or subscriptions are required to run a business.
- All Industries – All companies and industries can use the platform to grow their sales, including eLearning, memberships, restaurants, lawyers, e-commerce, and affiliate marketing.
- 44-Days Risk-Free – ClickFunnels 2.0 has a 14-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which can be combined to give prospective users a 44-day risk-free trial.
- Pricing – ClickFunnels 2.0 starts at $147 per month, which is very expensive.
- Unused Tools – If a business is getting started, they’re unlikely to use all ClickFunnels 2.0’s features, as there are so many.
Pros and Cons of MailChimp
- Pricing – The platform’s pricing is based on the features and number of email subscribers, making the pricing extremely flexible and without large pricing jumps between plans.
- Focused – MailChimp focuses on being the best email marketing provider by solely prioritizing it.
- Free Plan – MailChimp’s entry-level plan is the free plan, which is a great opportunity for businesses to test and use the platform without paying.
- Limited Features – MailChimp’s only additional tools are landing pages and a website builder, which are very limited.
- Customization – The emails lack advanced design and customization features that other platforms have.
Websites, Landing Pages, and Funnels: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
MailChimp also provides businesses with a website builder with these tools:
- Online store
- Appointments and scheduling
- Integrated with funnels and marketing
We liked that MailChimp provides customers with free stock photography to enhance the content on their site.
To summarize our experiences using the platforms’ website tools, we found that MailChimp’s store feature is great for users with large product catalogs. In contrast, ClickFunnels 2.0 is much better for maximizing sales.
This is because ClickFunnels 2.0 enables subscribers to utilize upsells, downsells, subscriptions, and order bumps.
Therefore, we’d say that ClickFunnels 2.0 has a slight edge and wins this comparison.
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a landing page builder, which is primarily used for generating leads and selling products and services.
To enable this, the platform has the following tools:
- Opt-in forms
- Sell products and services
- Redirection links
In contrast, MailChimp’s landing pages are slightly different, as they’re built within the website builder and then added to a website.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 is the only platform with a stand-alone landing page builder.
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a Funnels tool that lets subscribers create customer journeys to maximize sales.
The platform’s features include:
- Order forms
- A/B testing
- End of funnel redirects
- Integrate into workflows
On the other hand, MailChimp does not have a native funnel tool, to access these features subscribers would have to integrate a third-party platform.
Therefore, it should be no surprise that ClickFunnels 2.0 wins this comparison.
Digital and Physical Products: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 has course and membership site features to create, host, and deliver them.
Its course features and tools include:
- Recipes (templates)
- Course structuring
- Native video hosting
- Audio files
- Drip and scheduled content
- Note taking
The second digital product ClickFunnels 2.0 supports are membership sites.
The features and tools to enable this are:
- Gated access
- Content types
- Audio files
- Subscription payments
MailChimp does support the sale of digital products; however, it has no native creation, hosting, or delivery tools.
Therefore, ClickFunnels 2.0 is the better platform for digital product sellers.
Email Marketing: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a native email marketing feature that lets users create broadcasts, sequences, and rule-based automation flows.
The platform also has these features and tools:
- Recipes (templates)
- Integration with product sales and delivery
Because MailChimp is chiefly an email marketing platform, it has dozens of tools and features for users.
- Drag-and-drop builders
- Pre-made templates
- Custom coded templates
- Send time optimization
- A/B testing
- Types of emails
- Email scheduling and automation
- Dynamic content
- Customer journeys
MailChimp has a superior set of email builders, templates, and features; therefore it wins this comparison.
Automation: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 has an advanced automation tool named Workflows.
This allows users to connect all the platforms’ elements into one automation flow.
Businesses can use this tool to create marketing automation flows for multi-step product sales cycles, such as webinar funnels, coaching, and courses.
Moreover, the tool lets users integrate third-party platforms directly into a marketing flow, which is a powerful feature.
MailChimp also has an automation tool; however, it is limited to email marketing.
The platform’s email marketing automation tools include the following features:
- Time delays
- 60+ journey templates
- Third-party integrations
- Yes/No logic
Because ClickFunnels 2.0’s automation tool isn’t limited to email marketing, unlike MailChimp, the feature is a lot more powerful.
Therefore we rank ClickFunnels 2.0’s email marketing tool as better than MailChimp.
CRM: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp’s CRM tools enable users to review, sort, and filter contacts and see their individual data.
Each contact profile has the following information:
- Products purchased
- Contact information
- Internal notes
Neither platform provides a complete CRM solution; however, they do give a great insight into their leads.
For these reasons, we’d say that the platforms are tied.
Reporting and Analytics: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 offers reporting and analytics tools for almost all the assets users can create on the platform, which includes:
- Websites, landing pages, and funnels
- Opt-in rates
- Conversion rates
- Average cart value
- Product sales
- Subscription rates
- Progress tracking
- Completion rates
- Student’s view history
- Open rates
- Products ordered
MailChimp also has analytics and data reports that include:
- Open rates
- A/B test results
- Third-party analytics integrations
After testing both platforms’ analytics tools, we rank ClickFunnels 2.0’s reporting tools as superior to MailChimp’s.
Integrations: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 has a very limited range of direct integration since it’s an all-in-one platform.
However, it provides users API access to integrate third-party platforms, such as Zapier Webhooks.
Here are some of its direct integrations:
- ClickFunnels Classic
In contrast, MailChimp adversities that it has over 300 direct integrations.
The industries that the integrations span include:
- E-commerce platforms
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Contact management
Moreover, the platform provides API access for more advanced integrations.
Given the wider range of direct integrations, it’s clear to us that MailChimp wins this integration comparison.
Affordability: ClickFunnels 2.0 vs MailChimp
ClickFunnels 2.0 has three subscription plans for prospective customers to choose from:
- The Basic Plan – $147 per month
- The Pro Plan – $196 per month
- The Funnel Hacket Plan – $297 per month
When users compare the subscription plans, the main difference between them is the number of assets each user can create.
In contrast, MailChimp has three types of subscriptions:
- The Marketing Platform – This subscription gives businesses access to its email marketing and form tools.
- The Websites and Commerce – A standalone website builder for companies to list and sell their products and services.
- The Transactional Email – For developers to purchase large blocks (25,000 emails per block) to send emails.
These subscriptions are priced at the following rates:
- Marketing Platform
- The Free Plan – $0 per month
- The Essentials Plan – $13 per month
- The Standard Plan – $20 per month
- The Premium Plan – $350 per month
- Websites and Commerce
- The Free Plan – $0 per month
- The Core Plan – $10 per month
- The Plus Plan – $29 per month
- Transactional Email
- $10-$20 per 25,000 email block
The Marketing Platform’s pricing is based on two variables: the number of contacts and the plan selected.
After a user has selected the plan with the features they want, they can then enter the number of contacts to see the subscription price.
The key differences between these plans are the number of monthly emails sent, optimization tools available, and segmentation types.
The Websites and Commerce Plans have a much simpler structure: the key difference between the plans are the transaction fees charged and access to custom domains.
|The Free Plan||The Core Plan||The Plus Plan|
|Subscription Cost||$0 per month||$10 per month||$29 per month|
|Connect a Custom Domain||❌||✅||✅|
ClickFunnels 2.0 clearly has the more expensive subscription plan; however, it’s an all-in-one platform, so users do not need any additional subscription plans or third-party platform access to run their business.
In addition, ClickFunnels’ entry-level plan supports 10,000 contacts, whereas this MailChimp pricing quote is for 500.
Moreover, most MailChimp users will be subscribed to other platforms to access tools and features such as websites, landing pages, funnels, automation, and CRMs.
Therefore, when comparing the price and affordability, prospective MailChimp users need to add up all their subscription costs.
For these reasons and because ultimately the choice will come down to the customer’s needs, we’d say that the platforms are tied.
You Might Also Like:
After reviewing, testing, and comparing ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp, we rank ClickFunnels 2.0 as the superior platform.
This is because it has far more features and tools, such as landing pages, funnels, workflows, CRM tools, courses, and membership sites.
Moreover, as an all-in-one platform, the final price is transparent, and creating automation is straightforward.
We still think that MailChimp offers a good product but is better suited to an existing company looking to integrate an email marketing solution and doesn’t require any other tools.
Frequently Asked Questions
ClickFunnels 2.0 and MailChimp have several overlapping features, which include email marketing, automation, websites, and landing pages. However, ClickFunnels 2.0 has several additional tools, which include funnels, courses, and membership sites.
We rate ClickFunnels 2.0 as better than MailChimp because it has more features and tools, such as landing pages, funnels, workflows, product management, courses, and membership sites.
Yes, MailChimp is cheaper as it has several free plans; however, when you compare ClickFunnels 2.0’s entry-level plan which offers 10,000 contacts, the pricing is very similar to MailChimp’s for this capacity: $147 vs $100, respectively.
In almost all cases, we’d suggest choosing ClickFunnels 2.0 over MailChimp, as it has more features, tools, and therefore, versatility. However, if you’re looking for only an email solution for an existing business, MailChimp may be a good alternative.
In our opinion, ClickFunnels 2.0 is the easier platform to use, because it’s an all-in-one platform, which means no integrations or third-party platforms need to be configured. However, both platforms have intuitive layouts, drag-and-drop builders, and provide great support teams.
Yes, MailChimp has a free plan for both its Marketing Platform and Websites and Commerce options. ClickFunnels 2.0 has a 14-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, which gives new users 44 days of use risk-free.