Finding the best e-commerce and online marketing platform for your business can be frustrating.
Amongst loads of options available are two of our expert team’s top choices: ClickFunnels and Mailchimp. Both platforms are all-in-one marketing solutions designed to scale a business.
Users may wonder how Mailchimp and ClickFunnels compare.
ClickFunnels offers solutions to generate leads through sales funnels, while Mailchimp focuses on data analysis to improve email communication with clients. Let’s take a closer look at how these two platforms compare.
- Mailchimp is cheaper on average.
- Mailchimp offers a free plan.
- Mailchimp is an email marketing and lead generation tool.
- ClickFunnels is an all-in-one sales funnel platform.
- ClickFunnels offers more e-commerce and customization features.
Starting at a budget-friendly pricing plan of $97 per month, ClickFunnels provides users with a fully customizable page builder.
Based in Idaho, United States, ClickFunnels started in 2014 and has grown steadily as an all-in-one e-commerce and business sales platform.
The platform’s main aim is to convert visitors into paying customers by creating marketing strategies using different tools and features.
Using smart marketing technology and top customer support, Mailchimp has been helping millions of customers worldwide since 2001. The company invested $1 million to upgrade their Mailchimp integrations.
Starting at only $13.29 per month, developers can do much more with the Mailchimp APIs.
Although Mailchimp offers many other features, the platform is mostly known for its high-quality e-mail marketing tools. You can fully automate the feature to drive campaigns and communicate with clients.
ClickFunnels vs. Mailchimp at a Glance
|Free Trial||Yes, 14 days||A limited free plan.|
|Pricing Range (Monthly)||ClickFunnels: $97 per month
ClickFunnels Platinum: $297 per month
TwoCommaClubX: $2,497 per month
|Free Plan: $0 per month
Essentials: From $13.29 – $332.15 per month
Standard: From $19.58 – $639.82 per month
Premium: From $384.59 – $1,433.47 per month
|Best For||To turn site visitors into paying customers.||E-mail marketing and data-driven optimization.|
100+ Themes and Templates
Padding and Color Adjustment
|Simplified web design
Pre-designed color palettes
Access to photo library
|Most Notable Features||One-click upsells
Split testing capabilities
Quiz and Survey creation
14-day free trial
Social posting and scheduling
Prioritized customer support
250+ app integration
Mailchimp and ClickFunnels provide a range of different services. ClickFunnels has fixed monthly prices, whereas Mailchimp’s plans are dependent on the number of contacts.
Mailchimp specializes in e-mail marketing and marketing strategies to target customers on mail registration lists. While ClickFunnels provides an all-in-one solution to attract traffic and convert visitors into paying customers.
Where Mailchimp takes the lead is in CRM strategies and data analysis.
Using various multivariate testing tools, Mailchimp provides users with in-depth reports on how to improve communication with clients. ClickFunnels, on the other hand, is a great tool to use when you want to engage more visitors.
You can use tools like customizable quizzes and surveys to attract visitors and then convert their interest into a sale.
A combination of ClickFunnels and Mailchimp may be a recipe for excellent overall success in scaling and maintaining growth.
ClickFunnels vs. Mailchimp: Pricing Comparison
Considering that Mailchimp has a free plan available and ClickFunnels only a 14-day free trial, let’s compare both platform’s pricing and plans.
There are three plans available:
$97 per month
$297 per month
$2,497 per month
There are no long-term contracts, and users can downgrade or cancel at any time, no questions asked.
There are four plans available:
Price per month
From $13.29 – $332.15
From $19.58 – $639.82
From $384.59 – $1,433.47
Additionally, Mailchimp offers clients a transactional e-mail plan. Prices per block range between $10 – $20, depending on the number of blocks and e-mails per month. You can also add a dedicated IP for $29.95 per month.
Mailchimp has a wider range of options and cost limits, making it potentially more cost-effective. Mailchimp will calculate your monthly cost based on the number of monthly e-mails you send. ClickFunnels has fixed monthly costs with unlimited funnels and pages; no calculations required.
You Might Also Like:
ClickFunnels vs. Mailchimp: A Comparison of Features and Tools
When deciding between the two platforms, it’s important to compare all key features and tools. An in-depth understanding of Mailchimp’s and ClickFunnels’ features will give you a clearer idea of which is the best option for your business.
To make assessment easier for the user, our experts have already tried and tested both platforms for your convenience.
See below an overview of the differences between the platforms’ page builders, e-commerce tools, marketing, customization, and analytics features.
You Might Also Like:
Both platforms offer users page builders with different features. ClickFunnels offers 100+ themes and templates designed explicitly as high-conversion sales funnels.
Users even have the choice between whole funnels and single-page templates. Combined with functionality and drag-and-drop features, it is an all-in-one page building solution.
Mailchimp offers a library of free stock images, drag-and-drop tools, color palettes, and pre-designed layouts. These customizable features are mostly only applicable to the landing page.
Which Platform Offers a Better Solution for Building Pages?
- ClickFunnels’ page building is better because it is more user-friendly and offers specifically designed templates curated towards different sales strategies.
E-commerce businesses can benefit from both these platforms in two different ways. ClickFunnels allows users to integrate a sales funnel that offers enticing landing pages, upsells, downsells, shipping campaigns, and the setup of follow-up e-mail campaigns.
Even though Mailchimp also can create these features, the platform focuses more on e-mail follow-up campaigns. This ensures customers are reminded of abandoned carts and are motivated to revisit the site to make more purchases.
Which Platform Offers Better E-Commerce Features?
- Yet, again a combination of the two platforms will be ideal: ClickFunnels to drive traffic and make sales and Mailchimp for follow-ups and resales. Both platforms can connect with hundreds of e-commerce integrations for further optimization.
Analytics is a key factor to consider to keep track of your business’ sales and other data. Mailchimp offers A/B testing, campaign reporting, audience dashboard tracking, survey feedback, and other predictive A.I. ClickFunnels can connect to Google Analytics and include reports on EPC, financials, and other sales analytics.
Which Platform Offers Better Analytic Features?
- Mailchimp’s analytics features are better. The platform offers highly technical, accurate, and upgraded software to track data. The mobile app also gives access to real-time campaign data.
You Might Also Like:
Mailchimp offers creative tools that include a creative assistant, dynamic content creator, campaign templates, and a subject line helper to enhance user engagement. The customization feature that stands out most within Mailchimp’s offerings is its personalized e-mailing formats.
ClickFunnels has an advanced CSS editor for optimum page building customization. This feature allows for the personalization of text, layouts, branding, backgrounds, and even page borders.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Features?
- Looking at page building, ClickFunnels truly offers the best customization features.
- Considering e-mail campaigning, Mailchimp offers the best customization features.
- Again, a combination of the two will help maximize sales from all ends of the business.
ClickFunnels offers 24/7 ticket or email support and 24-hour live chat support from Monday to Friday.
The expected response time usually falls within 24 hours on weekdays, but it may stretch longer on the weekend. Wait times and quality can be widely variable on the Community support through the Facebook group since you’re dealing with fellow users rather than ClickFunnels employees.
However, some users love it because the scope is wide open. In contrast, a directly-employed customer service or tech support team can’t answer questions on marketing strategy, SEO, or tax, for a few examples.
Mailchimp provides 30 days of email support to new Free accounts. After that, you can use the Mailchimp Assistant AI-powered chatbot.
All plans above Free (including Paid Legacy Plans) also include 24/7 chat support. The Marketing Premium plan also includes Weekday Phone Support from 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
Which Platform Offers Better Customization Features?
- Reviews of Mailchimp’s support are highly positive, but the contact options are generally a bit more limited than ClickFunnels.
- You also lack the official Facebook support group, but you are entirely free to join unofficial Mailchimp Facebook support groups, of which there are many.
- Choose ClickFunnels if: you want a user-friendly page-building experience and increase conversion rates to scale your business.
- Choose Mailchimp if: you are an already established business that would like to build an e-mail list to keep in touch with customers or for data analytics solutions.
Mailchimp and ClickFunnels have excellent features and tools that will help scale a business from scratch. Both provide excellent marketing solutions to increase sales and conversion rates. In our expert opinion, ClickFunnels is a perfect starting platform if you want to generate more traffic and turn leads into paying customers.
To retain customers and increase after-sales customer engagement, Mailchimp is a great solution. A combination of the two platforms will give users an excellent all-around sales and marketing solution.
You Might Also Like To Compare:
- ClickFunnels vs Hubspot
- ClickFunnels vs SamCart
- ClickFunnels vs Instapage
- ClickFunnels vs Wix
- ClickFunnels vs Unbounce
- ClickFunnels vs Elementor
- ClickFunnels vs ClickBank
- ClickFunnels vs ThriveCart
- ClickFunnels vs Zipify
- ClickFunnels vs Kyvio
- ClickFunnels vs Getresponse
- ClickFunnels vs Leadpages
- ClickFunnels vs Convertri
- ClickFunnels vs GoHighLevel
- ClickFunnels vs Phonesites
- ClickFunnels vs Podia
- ClickFunnels vs Builderall
- ClickFunnels vs MarketHero
- ClickFunnels vs Aweber
- ClickFunnels vs Squarespace
- ClickFunnels vs Thrive Themes
- ClickFunnels vs Kartra
- ClickFunnels vs DropFunnels
- ClickFunnels vs Deadline Funnel
- ClickFunnels vs Active Campaign
- ClickFunnels vs Keap
- ClickFunnels vs WordPress
- ClickFunnels vs Ontraport
- ClickFunnels vs Shopify
- ClickFunnels vs Optimize Press
- ClickFunnels vs Webflow
- ClickFunnels vs GrooveFunnels
- ClickFunnels vs Teachable
- ClickFunnels vs Simvoly